• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

When Characters Play Soccer Instead of Vs Battling - Vs Soccer Match Tournament - VS Battle Wiki Edition

Jojo's Bizzare Adventure​

Goalie:
  1. Giorno Giovanna with Gold Experience Requiem
Defenders:
  1. Funny Valentine with D4C -Love Train-
  2. Koichi Hirose with Echoes ACT2 (Do Varies characters count?)
  3. Bruno Buccirati with Sticky Fingers
  4. Enrico Pucci with C-Moon (Unknown, but Whitesnake was 8-C, and that's the weaker form)
Mid-fielders:
  1. Part 3 Joseph Joestar with Hermit Purple
  2. Diavolo with King Crimson
  3. Part 4 Jotaro Kujo with Star Platinum: The World
  4. Okuyasu Nijimura with The Hand
Forwards:
  1. DIO with The World
  2. Johnny Joestar with Tusk ACT4

Goalie:
Defenders:
  4. Enrico Pucci with C-Moon (Unknown, but Whitesnake was 8-C, and that's the weaker form)
Mid-fielders:
Forwards:
  1. DIO with The World
@ProfessorKukui4Life I told you Jojo would be broken

Goalie:
Defenders:
Mid-fielders:
Forwards:
  1. DIO with The World
Well it’s jojos and I know how all the matches are gonna go with them

I’m in danger

A little question: can I choose verse for every tier, or I should choose a verse for a single tier?
You can choose any verse for any tier that has the appropriate amount of characters for that tier.

It can be a single verse in multiple/all tiers they can get into.

Or you can enter any amount of verses you know for multiple/all tiers that qualify.

For example: Naruto has Tier 8,7,6 and 5 characters. And each tier has enough characters for a team.

So Naruto qualifies to enter those 4 rounds.

Aight I said Mega Man before. Because they actually played soccer.
The team of 11 would consist of:
Mega Man
Proto Man
Enker
Flash Man
Gemini Man
Wood Man
Pharaoh Man
Skull Man
Dust Man
Elec Man
Bomb Man
(with Wily as the coach)
All of them know how to play soccer and have their own benefits. Mega Man and Proto Man are obvious. Enker is competent and has reflection powers. Flash Man can stop time. Wood Man is bulky and has the Leaf Shield to block shots. He’d make a good goalie. Skull Man has the Skull Barrier to do the same. Pharaoh Man can teleport. Gemini Man can duplicate himself. Dust Man can suck in the ball. Elec Man is fast and can paralyze others. And Bomb Man just has bombs and is strong. Nuff said. Wily knows how to play and is a genius so he’d make a good coach.
Can’t really top a team that canonically plays soccer on a professional level lol.

Last edited:
Aight I said Mega Man before. Because they actually played soccer.
The team of 11 would consist of:
Mega Man
Proto Man
Enker
Flash Man
Gemini Man
Wood Man
Pharaoh Man
Skull Man
Dust Man
Elec Man
Bomb Man
(with Wily as the coach)
All of them know how to play soccer and have their own benefits. Mega Man and Proto Man are obvious. Enker is competent and has reflection powers. Wood Man is bulky and has the Leaf Shield to block shots. He’d make a good goalie. Skull Man has the Skull Barrier to do the same. Pharaoh Man can teleport. Gemini Man can duplicate himself. Dust Man can suck in the ball. Elec Man is fast and can paralyze others. And Bomb Man just has bombs and is strong. Nuff said. Wily knows how to play and is a genius so he’d make a good coach.
Can’t really top a team that canonically plays soccer on a professional level lol.
When Cal comes to participate, you know the idea is great!

Verse:
My Little Pony
Tier:
I will be using the "At Least 4-B" key for most of these characters, since unlike the statement-based High 3-A ratings, it is based off feats.
Goalie:
Full-Power Tirek
af90b6e6e4306acd203869b28c9c78c1.png

Most definitely the strongest member of the team, Tirek is also the biggest (Type 1), as well as one of the only characters to have functional hands, and as such would have the easiest time defending the goal. Able to make bubble-shields to enhance this size and coverage, as well as powerful telekinesis, it'll take someone very high in the Tier 4 bracket to break through his defenses.
Defenders:
Princess Celestia
il_570xN.1901022248_jstv.jpg

A mild-tempered and focused ruler, boasting teleportation, telekinesis, portal creation, invisibility, flight, forcefields, energy projection, and a plethora of powerful abilities, she'll be a valuable asset to the team in preventing foes from making it too close to the goal.
Princess Luna
-N-xeMzY_400x400.jpg

Mostly the same as her sister, Celestia.
Princess Cadence and Shining Armor
my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-royal-pony-wedding-ss1.jpg

While cadence is a lot like the other princesses, with the addition of empathic manipulation: Shining Armor's specialty has always been defense! He can make shields large enough to cover entire cities, and strong enough to withstand against other 4-B characters. The only reason I didn't put him as goalie, was because I think Tirek's a lot more powerful, and might be needed as a last resort, but Shining Armor is certainly a contender on defense! What's more, is that their loving bond is as unbreakable as their defense, and will surely carry them to victory!
Mid-Fielders:
Twilight Sparkle
MLP-Twilight.jpg

Being the main protagonist of the show, it's no surprise that Twilight Sparkle would make an appearance. Even more stunning than her immense magical skill, including even more hax than Celestia, is her amazing intellect (extraordinary genius)! I put her in the middle because I feel like she has the most versatility out of anybody in this team, ranging from a master diplomat, to a very capable combatant, and an almost unparalleled scholar, she'll be able to react quickly and on-the-fly to just about anything.
Star Swirl The Bearded
441-4412932_vector-swirl-clipart-friend-starswirl-the-bearded-vector.png

Probably one of the only ponies boasting more magical skill than Twilight, is none other than the founder of most spells in Equestria: Star Swirl The Bearded. A legendary pony whose repertoire includes mastery over spells relating to Time Manipulation, which should surely allow him even more versatility, especially against a team lacking resistance! While not quite as intelligent as Twilight, his experience exceeds hers by a massive margin, and I'm counting on that experience to seal the victory.
Discord
75-755503_full-resolution-discord-my-little-pony.png

By far the fan-favorite in the Vs Battles community, and for good reason: Discord! The spirit of chaos and disharmony, Discord holds the unique ability to wield Chaos Magic, which practically translates to a type of magic famous for its mastery in: Reality Warping! With a list of hax so long it doesn't fit on one page, Discord is devilishly creative and extremely versatile with his reality warping capabilities (albeit a bit literally insane). A real powerhouse of the team, and most definitely the most haxed, I'll be relying on Discord to clutch the victory in match-ups where the others are simply overpowered.
Forwards:
King Sombra
567a4df8c69c38b16cf22062268e5b11.png

When MLP fans think of dark, twisted, and probably a bit too much for a Y-7 show, they think of King Sombra! The master of Dark Magic, which includes Fear, Mind, Memory, and Empathic manipulation, King Sombra definitely doesn't play fair. From enslaving and corrupting entire cities, to transforming into smoke to avoid harm, King Sombra is both versatile and dastardly, and it's my hope he'll be able to sneak in some cheeky goals.
Queen Chrysalis
2cb31d3385d33ba4f8723d51504dd9e1.png

As well as having magic comparable to the rest of the Alicorns, Chrysalis is also a changeling, with the unique ability to shapeshift into her opponents, as well as animals and creatures she's seen in the past. Usually indirect until you get her angry, she's just the cunning (and confusing) type we might need to sneak some goals past the opponents.
Tempest Shadow

tempest-shadow.jpg

A hardened warrior, and specializing in offensive magic and explosions, I'm relying on her to be the aggressive forefront of the entire team, launching balls at high speeds using her explosions to score goals. Her magic is regarded as extremely powerful in-verse, and can physically kick objects so hard that they break through at least 4-B forcefields, it's this raw power that I'll be relying on as our lead forward.
Overall:
This is a team that I think compliments eachother. In the back are noble and defensive rulers who are able to put up a strong defense, with a goalie whose sheer power and size should stop stray balls with ease. In the middle, are all the most versatile characters who will be able to react to changing stimuli on the field as fast as the game requires, and in the front, some of the most aggressive, yet cunning characters who can push forward without remorse, and get that bread. Let me know what you think of my team!

Also, I've cheated the system by using mostly characters with four feet, mwahahaha!

Maybe you could combine your collective knowledge, and make the best Pokemon team there is!

I was typing a huge ass list of abilities and such, but I'll just put my list out here in case another tier 7 team is ready.
Tier 7 One Piece Team.

4 - 3 - 3

Goalie:
  1. Nico Robin
Defenders:
  1. Charlotte Katakuri
  2. Charlotte Cracker
  3. Pica
Mid Fielders:
  1. Tony Tony Chopper
  2. Brook
  3. Trafalgar Law
Forwards:
  1. Vinsmoke Sanji
  2. Isshi (Fujitora)
  3. Borsalino (Kizaru)
  4. Donquixote Doflamingo
Substitutes:
  1. Monkey D. Luffy [All Positions Except Goalie]
  2. Blueno [Forward]
  3. Kuzan [MidFielder and Defender]
  4. Charlotte Perospero [MidFielder and Defender]
  5. Charlotte Linlin (Big Mom) (MidFielder and Forward)

Last edited:
So I'm gonna give a few ideas I came up with for the Pokemon team and let whoever else build on it.
Goalie:
Passimian: Despite being built for Rugby/Football, the way Passimian jump around while passing seems to fit the role for a Goalie.

Defenders:
Alakazam: I can't imagine Alakazam being a stellar Midfielder, but its psychic skills and Precognition would be great for stopping the ball from getting past it as a defense.

Midfielders:
Greninja: Being a ninja certainly has its perks when built with speed, not to mention Double Team, Mat Block, and Smokescreen being useful for avoiding the ball being stolen from it.

Forwards:
Cinderace: This is self-explanatory. It's the pokemon literally based off being a forward. Plus its Gigantamax form gives it superior soccer skills with its homing fireballs without actually being all that massive of a pokemon itself.

Sceptile and Blaziken should probably be on the team as well, probably a Midfielder, but idk.

Then....

Overwatch:
Tier: 9

Forwards

Lucio:
Booping machine, also is capable of giving the speed, and how we understand from his in-game things, good at soccer.

Tracer: Fast "dashes" and "reverting" herself.

Genji: Good acrobat so I think he can fit.

Mid fielders:

Soldier 76:
Pretty fast by himself and not bad tactic.

Mei: Her ice abilities can control territory and makes herself mobile as well.

Sombra: Pretty smart, can teleport and possibly get the info about opponents.

Sigma: Have gravity control and barriers.

Defenders:

Reinhardt:
A large barrier and big and strong for himself.

Symmetra: Very smart, able to build different constructions and also if allowed long teleports for her teammates.

Echo: Able to copy abilities of everyone above and one below(as much as likely able to copy the opponents). Fast and mobile.

Goalie:

Orisa:
Pretty big and I guess have experience with it.

(Hope the choice isn't that bad).

I'll do a Pokemon one as well lol.

Oranguru--Coach. We know what it does. Instruct. Nuff said.

Cinderace--What Robot said. Legit a soccer player. Excellent forward for a self explanatory reason.
Machamp--Many hands to grab the balls. And can punt/throw the ball really hard.
Gardevoir--Defender. Really good team player.
Lucario--Midfielder. Because it's Lucario.
Hitmonlee--Defender. Punts the ball really hard.
Blaziken--Is a kicker. So is a striker alongside Cinderace.
Greninja--Midfielder for the same reasons Robot said.
Dodrio--Being very fast, very reliant on its legs, and can headbutt the ball would make it a great forward as well.
(Mega) Lopunny--Final striker. Legs based so...yeah.
Chesnaught--Big and bulky. Good defender.
Kommo-o--Final defender. Really intimidating and big.

Infernape--Backup goalie, because of how adept it is with all its limbs, including its tail, and how mobile it is.

I would have done a Dinosaur King one since most of the dinos actually knows how to play soccer, but there's not enough profiles I think

Last edited:
So what I'm seeing for Tier 7
I was typing a huge ass list of abilities and such, but I'll just put my list out here in case another tier 7 team is ready.
Tier 7 One Piece Team.

4 - 3 - 3

Goalie:
  1. Nico Robin
Defenders:
  1. Charlotte Katakuri
  2. Charlotte Cracker
  3. Pica
Mid Fielders:
  1. Tony Tony Chopper
  2. Brook
  3. Trafalgar Law
Forwards:
  1. Vinsmoke Sanji
  2. Isshi (Fujitora)
  3. Borsalino (Kizaru)
  4. Donquixote Doflamingo
Substitutes:
  1. Monkey D. Luffy [All Positions Except Goalie]
  2. Blueno [Forward]
  3. Kuzan [MidFielder and Defender]
  4. Charlotte Perospero [MidFielder and Defender]
  5. Charlotte Linlin (Big Mom) (MidFielder and Forward)
I'll do a Pokemon one as well lol.

Oranguru--Coach. We know what it does. Instruct. Nuff said.

Cinderace--What Robot said. Legit a soccer player. Excellent forward for a self explanatory reason.
Machamp--Many hands to grab the balls. And can punt/throw the ball really hard.
Gardevoir--Defender. Really good team player.
Lucario--Midfielder. Because it's Lucario.
Hitmonlee--Defender. Punts the ball really hard.
Blaziken--Is a kicker. So is a striker alongside Cinderace.
Greninja--Midfielder for the same reasons Robot said.
Dodrio--Being very fast, very reliant on its legs, and can headbutt the ball would make it a great forward as well.
(Mega) Lopunny--Final striker. Legs based so...yeah.
Chesnaught--Big and bulky. Good defender.
Kommo-o--Final defender. Really intimidating and big.

Infernape--Backup goalie, because of how adept it is with all its limbs, including its tail, and how mobile it is.
One Piece, Fairy Tail, and Pokemon
1 more team and we have a 4 team tourney.
5 more teams and we have an 8 team tourney.

Verses I can think of w/ a bunch of Tier 7 ratings.
Naruto/Boruto, Early Bleach, MHA

Sword Art Online (Alicization / War of Underworld) For Tier 9

Goalie:

Subtilizer

Defenders:

Sinon

Quinella

Leafa

Midfielders:

Eugeo

Eiji

Bercouli

Sortiliena Serlut

Forwards:

Kirito

Asuna

Alice Zuberg

Last edited:
i dont know football all that well but if someone who knows yugioh wants to build a dt team be my guest

no i mean like i dont know where the chars would go cause i dont know how fitting it would be for them, what i was asking is if i could just give the monsters and have someone else put them into slots for me

Back