• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which characters can defeat Archie Sonic?

After watching the DB episode Wally West Flash VS Archie Sonic, Wally West was apparently one of the few combatants who can defeat Archie Sonic, but just barely. This got me thinking, what other characters can take down this overpowered hedgehog?

Conditions/Rules:
Archie Sonic will be taking a composite from both Pre-Genesis and Post-Genesis continuities
For his opponents, no Tier 0 characters or keys allowed. Anything below that however, is fair game (so Tier 1-A and below).
Passive hax is allowed
Speed NOT equalized

Any being whose dimensionality is 5th dimensional (Low 1-C), and above.

Shinza's Top tiers and above blink his verse away.

This girl surprisingly can defeat him. It doesn't help she comes from a **** game.

Digimon characters.

Umineko Characters.

SCP Top tiers and above.

Lovecraft top tiers.

Yogiri Takatou could probably defeat him.

Wally West was apparently one of the few combatants who can defeat Archie Sonic, but just barely.
That feels like a complete lie, there are a lot of characters who would pretty much slap archie sonic, likely pretty much everyone in tier 1 would beat him, as well as other characters who are below tier 1

Going to limit it too tier 2s, so:
  • The PMMM lolis
  • The Neverwere from SCP
  • Yogiri
  • Unicron, Primus, and The One god slap him
  • Sertrous
  • Characters from Destiny slap him
And those are all the non smurfs I can think of that slap him

Death Battle doesn’t use Dimensional Tiering and are just Inconsistent in general honestly.

We scale things way differently then Death Battle Wiki.

So anyone above Low 1-C Stomps.

Aside from Wally, I think Superman is the only justice League member of can take him out. Supes has passive fate/plot hax that goes way beyond the one that Sonic has.

Also, I heavily disagree with Mario and Xeno Goku beating him. Sonic speed blitzes both and out-haxes both of them

Aside from Wally, I think Superman is the only justice League member of can take him out. Supes has passive fate/plot hax that goes way beyond the one that Sonic has.

Also, I heavily disagree with Mario and Xeno Goku beating him. Sonic speed blitzes both and out-haxes both of them
Eh yeah I think a decent amount of leaguers can still take out Sonic (they'd all blitz him in each case), it also depends on whether you consider incap (and how long the incap lasts) as a victory condition or not.

Super Paper Mario is hella OP, Xeno Goku would probably blitz and power null if he has the keysword and then incap.

None of what I just said is based on anything accepted on VSBW btw.

Eh yeah I think a decent amount of leaguers can still take out Sonic (they'd all blitz him in each case), it also depends on whether you consider incap (and how long the incap lasts) as a victory condition or not.

Super Paper Mario is hella OP, Xeno Goku would probably blitz and power null if he has the keysword and then incap.

Yeah I was questioning your sanity when you mentioned Xeno Goku, but that last line saved it.

Although, if Goku did actually get Immeasurable speed, he'd probably blitz due to multipliers and scaling chain I believe.

Although, if Goku did actually get Immeasurable speed, he'd probably blitz due to multipliers and scaling chain I believe.
Debatable when it comes to comparing scaling chains.

Archie’s Hax also follows the scaling chain.

Type 1 at the most, sadly. Archie’s Void doesn’t have evidence of Type 2, as far as I can tell.

I remember someone made the claim that Archie Sonic was unbeatable and instead of making refutes he just kept jerking off sonic.
(Man that's a cursed sentence)
Not gonna link the video, but you can imagine how much they downplayed Flash after death battle did their match with him and AS

Tier 1

Below that though, mostly just DnD, Yogiri I think, Anos Voldigoad and The Emperor of Mankind. Among many, many others.

I remember someone made the claim that Archie Sonic was unbeatable and instead of making refutes he just kept jerking off sonic.
(Man that's a cursed sentence)
Not gonna link the video, but you can imagine how much they downplayed Flash after death battle did their match with him and AS

Tbh, I don’t mind someone doing that. Sonic as a whole was downplayed for years in the vs debating community. Fiction tends to be more bias using human characters as MCs, plus Sonic’s own reputation and history.

At least now days, more people know Sonic’s franchise can put up a fight.

Yeah. A decent amount of them could for sure, but I'm not sure own many actually would. Even Wally would struggle, unless the tier 1 claims for some heralds are true, which I'm neutral on.

Paper Mario is the same character as Mario, so that makes his scaling hella inconsistant. Even at his peek, he's only 2-B. I've seen some claims that put him at 1-B, but they rely on the debious assumptions that Mario tanked the void instead of being warped out, and that the Mario verse operates on string theory because of a soup label. As for Xeno Goku, how the hell is he supposed to blitz, let alone out-hax someone with so many resistances, potent hax of his own, and fate manipulation?

Yeah. A decent amount of them could for sure, but I'm not sure own many actually would. Even Wally would struggle, unless the tier 1 claims for some heralds are true, which I'm neutral on.

Paper Mario is the same character as Mario, so that makes his scaling hella inconsistant. Even at his peek, he's only 2-B. I've seen some claims that put him at 1-B, but they rely on the debious assumptions that Mario tanked the void instead of being warped out, and that the Mario verse operates on string theory because of a soup label. As for Xeno Goku, how the hell is he supposed to blitz, let alone out-hax someone with so many resistances, potent hax of his own, and fate manipulation?
i mean if they would start out in base form sonic cant really do anything to goku physically in base and xeno goku isnt like dbs goku who wants a fair fight so he'll prob use the opportunity to seal or just incap but idk

Tbh, I don’t mind someone doing that. Sonic as a whole was downplayed for years in the vs debating community. Fiction tends to be more bias using human characters as MCs, plus Sonic’s own reputation and history.

At least now days, more people know Sonic’s franchise can put up a fight.
I mustve joined vs debating earlier than you have, because I have seen no downplay once so ever. Unless not being acknowledged is considered downplay

i mean if they would start out in base form sonic cant really do anything to goku physically in base and xeno goku isnt like dbs goku who wants a fair fight so he'll prob use the opportunity to seal or just incap but idk
I use Death Battle's ruleset in cases like these. If a character needs to transform to stand a chance, and they can do so in a reasonable amount of time, that transformation becomes the focus of the debate. Blitzing and one-shooting someone in base isn't an option in Death Battle. Both characters are anylized at their peek

Doesn’t he still lead with H2H?

Back