• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WTF has happened to this wiki (Running for Discussion mod again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxForward

Joke Battles
Retired
A few days ago, The wiki hit 5000 pages. And MLPlover made a page for it. Nothing out of the ordinary, right? Well, NO. DerpyLulu attacked Sans2345 and they had a fight and the wiki saw an unbelievable amount of toxicity which hadn't been seen since the Godmode days. And the worst part? Right when it seemed like the fight was over, it reignited, worse than before.

I think Crab described it best in the last message on the 5000 thread:

"You know, I just want to say: this shit is why JBW is not well liked by other people, and why no one from outside wants to join.

This was supposed to be a celebration thread. A celebration where good cheers should've been shared by all. But instead Derpy did what "those people" do.

You know exactly who they are, and what they do. This time they got a ban. But mostly, they don't. We just let them flourish here because "harhar joukes", when all they're doing is breeding a toxic and unfriendly envrioment that drives good, helpful, logical people away at first glance and only invites more of "them" in.

It's a ******* invasion that's been going on for months, and yet we do jackshit unless somebody "really crosses the line", whatever the **** that means. Stuff that should've had people banned several times over in any website worth their buck we wholesale ignore or just slap on the wrist.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if it'd be better for us to impose ******* martal law on the Wiki so that those people **** off and do something else with their life, and good smart people actually take an interest."

I had theorized that the wiki was going downhill for the past few days because everyone seemed so deadset on their opinions that they would attack anyone to make it happen. Also they forced old memes down our throats. I just didn't expect something like this to happen.

What the hell happened to this wiki? Did everyone start taking it so seriously? And that's when it hit me. IT ******* HAS.

The wiki has had bad energy rebrewing ever since the Godmode ban, and now, 10 months later, it was almost fully restored. I want to stop this. I want to make the wiki a better place again.

I hope you can understand.

Maxbotnick, 2019

I'll admit that I have paid little attention to the Wiki as of late, but I do know that it has been seven months since your demotion, and that's plenty of time to mature and grow as a person.

Unfortunately, that is all I can say. I can share this thread with other staff, but that's about it.

Goosethehonker said:
Yeah you were a good discuss mod you should get re promoted
Eh... he highlighted threads unnecessarily (back when that was a thing), made a bunch of nonsensical replies to people, and overall didn't do much to stabilize this Wiki.

Also, I have brought this thread to the attention of some other administrators, and they don't seem to agree with promoting you, Max.

The thing is, none of them seem to want to reply, for varying reasons.

Honestly, I see this thread as sort of disingenuous. It's not like the admins weren't there when the bad blood started, and it's not like we didn't stop it.

Ultimately, I'm sort of opposed just on the principle of having more staff: it'd be great, but we already have like, what, 4 admins active all the time? 2 more always respond when we need them, and also one discussion mod.

Eh... he highlighted threads unnecessarily (back when that was a thing), made a bunch of nonsensical replies to people, and overall didn't do much to stabilize this Wiki.

I have tried to improve since then.

Okay, I'm not really that active anymore anyway.

But how about we add a rule to limit toxic behavior.

There are rules for that. And bans have been handed out for breaking those rules. They will be so again if it comes to it.

I think the highlighting got removed

I think the highlighting got removed

No duh.

I've posted this in the Highlights Thread so that anybody who hasn't seen it will have achance to.

As for my thoughts on this, I'm kind of with Crabwhale. I don't really see the need for more staff, this Wiki can go hours without any activity in the slightest, so it seems pointless to add more staff unless the active community was growing in size.

I also agree with them.

That makes five people (four admins and one disc. mod) who disapprove of Max regaining a disc. mod position. Unless anyone has any points to be made in defense of Max, I believe this does not need to continue any further.

We should leave this open for at least another few hours, if nobody adds anything to the discussion by that time than we can close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back