• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh Content Revisions Steamrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Retired
Hello, now that I'm back for a bit more time I'd like to tackle a trend since the Summer and that's the massive avalanche of Yugioh CRTs. Normally that's not a problem for a big verse, but when most of these responses are hopes to add on to it (ie like asking if they can find a way for a certain character to scale) and no outsiders it seems a very big quality control issue comes about.

Jeune's Yubel Revision Thread

I don't have many issues with this one, although it's pretty apparent that Yubel's page has become overly cluttered. Abilities like "zombification" are better put in the powers and abilities section rather than being treated as status effects inducement for example.

Using the numbering system from the thread:

5) Just Creation.
10 & 11) Breaks the "game mechanics aren't allowed" rule. Especially since Yubel clearly lacks invincibility and insta-kill as shown by neither helping against Darkness.

Zencha's Jinzo Revision Thread

Card effects shouldn't be used, like mentioned before, so only the first five ability revisions apply. Also accepted way too early.

GoldenGangStar5's Scaling Revision Thread

To break the scaling chain, Yubel's 2-C feat doesn't actually scale to anyone. It was 2-C feat by fusing dimensions through preparation (To sum it up, she had to gather many souls to charge the super poly); so even if it was accurate it wouldn't scale.

There's other issues like, scaling Joey (Who scales to basically all the side-characters even Tristian) to the god-tiers via how well he plays the card game and not an actual fight but the first issue alone breaks the scaling. Though I am curious as to why skill justifies AP.

Last edited:
I heard that they scaled to Yubel's durability, not AP.
I mean Yubel has mid-godly even a tier 10 with mid-godly can survive tier 2 destruction so durability is potentially a little dubious here.

Then again I'm likely missing some context here so I dunno, I'm all for tier 2 original trilogy (DM, GX and 5Ds) YGO but I want the reasonings to be as airtight as possible.

Not to mention Super Poly was explicitly intended to leave Jaden and Yubel alive- it shouldn't scale at all.

1-darkness didn't attack her he just controlled her body she doesn't have the insta death whatever on the profile and if you want to go down that rabbit hole then why didn't she use mind control ? why didn't she shoot him with a fire ball or something? does that mean she doesn't have them ? pretty dumb way of going about things if you ask me she was also off gaurd when that happened so like not that it matters
she also showed that her abilites can work on people who aren't part of the game like how she reflected iko's attack and killed her
she also gave corba the ability to make the duel real and affecting others outside the duel etc etc

2-jinzo's duel is literally a shadow game i have no idea to why his cards should not be applicable

3-i wanna get this out of the way for a sec
do you have any proof that super poly will leave them alive ?
and even then the fusion god would still be an issue

Last edited:
1 - Talking about the final fight. "Death Manipulation (can instantly kill those who tried to attack her)" <Going to assume you didn't read the profile, which tbf, is pretty hard to do, I kinda want to also cut down the wall of text tbh.
Because Yubel's insta-kill card effect is automatic, not something that can be chosen. So not really dumb when you guys wanna copy literal card effects.

2 - Unless it's against another duelist, the entire shadow duel part isn't applicable. Also the regular Jinzo profile has some anime details that need removing. Though the manga since shadow duels are applicable to much more than the card game.

3 - Given me a second to find the scan, I know it's already on site since it was used previously.

1- in this scan it says "battles" darkness didn't really "battle" yubel and i do feel iffy on this as an ability, i'll make a revision to add more tabbers like for possessed martin and possessed johan, and body restored yubel it should cut half of the walls of text
2- what do you mean by this ? jinzo was able to psychically summon himself i really just don't get what the standards you have in mind
3-sure

1 - I mean, if that doesn't count as a battle and instead is referring to more of a card duel, it'd be worse tbh.

2 - Jinzo has two profiles, one for his spirit and another for the card. Yet, we see the card profile has details from the anime.

1 - Okay, I'll wait alongside ya there.
2 - The card profile shouldn't have anime stuffs? Unless the profile really means Jinzo's card from the anime, but that just sounds like a mismatch of card mechanics with anime details.

1 - just checked the episode yubel ultimate nightmare was the one who stated that
2 - you mean the power null ?

1 - Alright, still doesn't help that it breaks the card effects rule.

2 - Well that's on the card side, I was thinking about anime stuff like resistance to age manipulation.

1- how ?
2 - the age resistance statement was referring to the card in the duel monsters anime, the jinzo that appears in gx is the card itself

1 - Well, because it's a card effect.

2 - Yes, but I was of the assumption the profile is in regards to the card, not the card in the anime.

1 - you mean the destruction effect or the refection effect ? , since she used the refection effect on echo which isn't a card

1 - well i don't know how we treat destruction on the site , but as it is right now it should get yeeted (the effect based on Destruction)

Agreed.

Well considering how smoothly the thread has gone so far, I guess I need to ask how you think Yubel's profile should be structured. Gonna be hard to use it when its currently a wall of text and I don't think just splitting it based on transformations will work considering she got most of them in her base form.

Okay so I checked Jinzo's pages and I wanna bring up further things with them:
Nuke anime page for Jinzo, literally it's like the Jinzo key in the Card page but it has summons so at best you add the summons to the Jinzo key
Jinzo should also lose resistance to power null since the scan proves nothing

Also the calc in his page whch has him at 9-A is for absorption feat which there's no proof should scale to his physicals as far as I'm aware
Further more I checked other pages like Freed's and they only have a 9-B calc with the rest of the feats using vauguely large creatures to justify 9-A so I think 9-A as a whole for YuGiOh should be scrapped unless there're feats to replace it, otherwise they get downgraded to 9-B

Nuke anime page for Jinzo, literally it's like the Jinzo key in the Card page but it has summons so at best you add the summons to the key
Jinzo should also lose resistance to power null since the scans proves nothing

Also the calc in his page whch has him at 9-A is for absorption feat which there's no proof should scale to his physicals as far as I'm aware
Further more I checked other pages like Freed's and they only have a 9-B calc with the rest of the feats using vauguely large creatures to justify 9-A so I think 9-A as a whole for YuGiOh should be scrapped unless there're feats to replace it, otherwise they get downgraded to 9-B
yep i agree with all of this

you see why i apply yugioh crts when we reach 7 votes ? it's becuase no one gives a shit

i have no idea i would like to say yes since the changes are simple
but i'm still not sure

Nuke anime page for Jinzo, literally it's like the Jinzo key in the Card page but it has summons so at best you add the summons to the Jinzo key
Jinzo should also lose resistance to power null since the scan proves nothing

I would assume Amplifier grants Power Nullification resistance because it prevents the Negation of your own Traps by Jinzo's effect, which in card Jinzo's case, may be relevant. But whether or not it counts as a Resistance to PN for Jinzo itself, is... dubious.

As for the absorption feat, is Jinzo not an electrically-powered machine who absorbed the school's electricity to power himself & fuel his attacks?
Not to mention:
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Absorbed all of the electricity on the Duel Academy campus, and created an explosion of this magnitude

Is scaling an explosion he caused (Even if it's via his own death?) that unreasonable? I wouldn't be surprised if such a machine as Jinzo could output a level of power similar to the power of the explosion that occurred. Jinzo is also asserted to be superior to those monsters. I'm not entirely sure why (Higher level stars?) but he is asserted as such.

Last edited:
I would assume Amplifier grants Power Nullification resistance because it prevents the Negation of your own Traps by Jinzo's effect, which in card Jinzo's case, may be relevant. But whether or not it counts as a Resistance to PN for Jinzo itself, is... dubious.
Okay cool, it prevents your traps from being negated
But that means that Jinzo is literally not resisting it due to it modifying his power so
As for the absorption feat, is Jinzo not an electrically-powered machine who absorbed the school's electricity to power himself & fuel his attacks?
Not to mention:
Attack Potency: Small Building level (Absorbed all of the electricity on the Duel Academy campus, and created an explosion of this magnitude

Is scaling an explosion he caused (Even if it's via his own death?) that unreasonable? I wouldn't be surprised if such a machine as Jinzo could output a level of power similar to the power of the explosion that occurred. Jinzo is also asserted to be superior to those monsters. I'm not entirely sure why (Higher level stars?) but he is asserted as such.
If I make a car explode does it scale to the explosion?
Plus not to mention that electricty to AP transfering can't be assumed 1 to 1 without evidence to it considering we gave verses like Godzilla a hard time when it came to absorption feats so

Okay cool, it prevents your traps from being negated
But that means that Jinzo is literally not resisting it due to it modifying his power so
So it should be noted as Power Modification for himself, then? If so, I am unopposed to that. Although, what qualifies as a "Trap" for Jinzo's purpose is ambiguous, frustratingly enough.
If I make a car explode does it scale to the explosion?
Typically, your car does not use its electricity or gasoline to fuel the attacks it uses to fight monsters.
Plus not to mention that electricty to AP transfering can't be assumed 1 to 1 without evidence to it considering we gave verses like Godzilla a hard time when it came to absorption feats so
Unless my memory is mistaken (I don't deny the possibility.), Jinzo does use electricity to attack. Why shouldn't we assume Jinzo can have a similar AP output level to how much it can absorb?

So it should be noted as Power Modification for himself, then? If so, I am unopposed to that. Although, what qualifies as a "Trap" for Jinzo's purpose is ambiguous, frustratingly enough.
I guess it could work, latter part is YuGiOh stuff in general so
Typically, your car does not use its electricity or gasoline to fuel the attacks it uses to fight monsters.

Unless my memory is mistaken (I don't deny the possibility.), Jinzo does use electricity to attack. Why shouldn't we assume Jinzo can have a similar AP output level to how much it can absorb?
At best it's scale differently from his physicals, I see no reason to assume it scales to physicals

I guess it could work, latter part is YuGiOh stuff in general so
"It" being revising it to be Power Modification? If so, I think I support that.
At best it's scale differently from his physicals, I see no reason to assume it scales to physicals
I agree with this. The explosion Jinzo creates when he gets destroyed, & the electricity he uses to attack don't seem reasonable to scale to his physical Durability, & by extension (Because it's, under typical physics, implausible to be able to punch hard enough to kill yourself.), unreasonable to scale to his Striking Strength.

I would propose that they be scaled to AP, but not to Durability nor Striking Strength. Opinions, please?

1- Power Modification makes alot of sense
2- wait i thought the absoprtion feat itself was the wrong one not scaling it to physicals
because there's a reason to why electricity scales to physical attacks because all of jinzo's attacks comes from his spirit energy/Ba including electricity attacks
+ jinzo uses electricity to make himself corporeal in the duel and that needs alot of spirit energy/Ba to be done scans (1 , 2 )

Alright with the other thread concluded I want to go over what we've agreed on:
  • Delete Yubel's Death Manip, matter manip/ technopathy, her card mechanic abilities, and separate the abilities to make the page more readable:
  • Nuke anime Jinzo, add its content to card Jinzo.
Things I think we still haven't agreed with:
  • 2-C Scaling: I just need to prove to Zencha that it specifically would leave only Jaden and Yubel alive. However, I think we all agreed on the AP / Prep / scaling via card game is a no-no.

Sorry I took a long time.

e69e38deca376d7743998fc0a5cb9d9e.png
26edc80104d17967af172273b1955077.png

Yubel planned to take Jaden into a distant dimension, which is what we see in the middle of ep 155, before Super Poly activated and when Jaden remembers his past.

I also can't believe I didn't mention this earlier- but we see Super Poly does actually affect Jaden and Yubel. Jaden manages to redirect the targets of Super Poly to Yubel and himself- showing they aren't immune to it.

Im pretty sure the first statement comes from yubel trying to **** with judai like when she threatens to yeet his friends to the gab between space and time
And we get a more clear explanation on her motive and that she wants to destroy everything anyways im in collage now so i'll post the scans later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back