• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh Content Revisions Steamrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
When fusing 2 beings not universes

A distinction that is never made in the show tho, or like, ever shown at all. All you got is Yubel's body creating the lasers, but nothing suggests the fusion would occur with her in the middle.

again this staement happened eralier the in ep(8:11) before yubel changes her mind and gets mad(12:29) and she quite literally states that it's over once she activate super poly so again i ask you how does your interpretation make any kind of sense? since the fusion would happen immediately
don't know what to answer since i don't even know what you mean by judai being above super poly like ap wise?

We literally see it is not immediate, with the lasers you mentioned having to cross and reach all the universes and there being enough time for Jaden to have a monologue and deflect the fusion.

By above super poly, I just mean being scaled/resisted super poly in general. Ie, why he is 2-C.

A distinction that is never made in the show tho, or like, ever shown at all. All you got is Yubel's body creating the lasers, but nothing suggests the fusion would occur with her in the middle.
and these lasers are the ones merging the universes and they're inside yubel at this point i think we're gonna go in circles so summrize your arguments
We literally see it is not immediate, with the lasers you mentioned having to cross and reach all the universes and there being enough time for Jaden to have a monologue and deflect the fusion.

By above super poly, I just mean being scaled/resisted super poly in general. Ie, why he is 2-C.
yubel stated that when the lasers spread and was cut by judai out so it is immediate
just because they scale above the energy of super poly doesn't mean that they resist fusion lmao

and these lasers are the ones merging the universes and they're inside yubel at this point i think we're gonna go in circles so summrize your arguments

It's not as much a circle as it is completely random. Like how does the lasers from Yubel prove she'd be the center of the explosion? Its a jump in logic.

yubel stated that when the lasers spread and was cut by judai out so it is immediate
just because they scale above the energy of super poly doesn't mean that they resist fusion lmao

Again, you're cutting an entire conversation and like a good 5 minutes here of the lasers actually arriving at their destinations.

No, I'm saying that they can't resist super poly at all, either the fusion or the explosion that occurred after Yubel and Jaden fused. And that explosion wasn't even tier 2 either.

It's not as much a circle as it is completely random. Like how does the lasers from Yubel prove she'd be the center of the explosion? Its a jump in logic.
because the lasers are the things that were going to fuse the 12 dimensions?? but even then the fusion mist that always appears during fusions is literally in the space yubel is in and yubel descibes it as an enormous explosion that will yeet the fused 12 dimensions you can't bullshit your way out of this one
Again, you're cutting an entire conversation and like a good 5 minutes here of the lasers actually arriving at their destinations.

No, I'm saying that they can't resist super poly at all, either the fusion or the explosion that occurred after Yubel and Jaden fused. And that explosion wasn't even tier 2 either.
we literally get a timeframe (that being 3 seconds) what are you talking about the other stuff are perspectives of the moment yubel activated super poly
what it's an explosion that will cover and destroy the fused 12 dimensions and the universes/space-times inside them and even then yubel and super poly would scale to the duel/spirit energy from super poly that affected and fused the 12 dimensions due to how yugioh works (i forgot about this stuff so i'm gonna bring it up now)

Can somebody explain the arguments from each side in easy to understand manners please? Perhaps some of our staff members will be willing to help us out if I call for them afterwards.

because the lasers are the things that were going to fuse the 12 dimensions?? but even then the fusion mist that always appears during fusions is literally in the space yubel is in and yubel descibes it as an enormous explosion that will yeet the fused 12 dimensions you can't bullshit your way out of this one

And? Again, just because the lasers come out of Yubel doesn't make her the explosion's core.

we literally get a timeframe (that being 3 seconds) what are you talking about the other stuff are perspectives of the moment yubel activated super poly
what it's an explosion that will cover and destroy the fused 12 dimensions and the universes/space-times inside them and even then yubel and super poly would scale to the duel/spirit energy from super poly that affected and fused the 12 dimensions due to how yugioh works (i forgot about this stuff so i'm gonna bring it up now)

3 seconds for the lasers to reach the universes. But it took from 17:28 to 19:25 for the process we see before it was redirected, which is still enough time for Jaden to just redirect it and everything.

Again, they immediately are destroyed by Super Poly's explosion from fusing Jaden and Yubel which isn't even tier 2 anyways. At that point, durability is clearly not tier 2.

Can somebody explain the arguments from each side in easy to understand manners please? Perhaps some of our staff members will be willing to help us out if I call for them afterwards.
Basically the arguments is just two parts now,

Was Yubel at the core of the 2-C hypothetical explosion: Zencha says yes, because the lasers that fuse the universes came out of her. I'm saying that has no connection to where the core of the explosion would be.

and

Yubel and Jaden dying to a weaker explosion by Super Poly moments later, debunking the idea they would survive said hypothetical explosion. Don't think Zencha has an explanation for this one though.

And? Again, just because the lasers come out of Yubel doesn't make her the
Again im not talking about the lasers im talking about the fusion mist that always appears during fusion summoning and the place where the monsters get fused
But it took from 17:28 to 19:25 for the process we see before it was redirected, which is still enough time for Jaden to just redirect it and everything.
again the show was showing everyone's reaction and it doesn't matter since we get an offical timeframe (unless you want to say dbs TOP battles takes days due to the length of the episodes) and the radar thing is the last thing that appears so it would go from there anyways which is 18:01
so from 18:01 to 18:09 since lol i just noticed that he had his trap face up already which is why yubel's energy lasers/body disappear at 18:24 and she appears to be shocked

Basically the arguments is just two parts now,

Was Yubel at the core of the 2-C hypothetical explosion: Zencha says yes, because the lasers that fuse the universes came out of her. I'm saying that has no connection to where the core of the explosion would be.

and

Yubel and Jaden dying to a weaker explosion by Super Poly moments later, debunking the idea they would survive said hypothetical explosion. Don't think Zencha has an explanation for this one though.
Can you write a more elaborate explanation please? Other staff members will not be able to make a decision based on that alone.

Again im not talking about the lasers im talking about the fusion mist that always appears during fusion summoning and the place where the monsters get fused

It's a bit better but even then, the immediate fusion that happens afterward show (19:33 - 48 ish) shows that the fusion spot isn't Yubel's body, and that the explosion isn't even from where they fused.

again the show was showing everyone's reaction and it doesn't matter since we get an offical timeframe (unless you want to say dbs TOP battles takes days due to the length of the episodes) and the radar thing is the last thing that appears so it would go from there anyways which is 18:01
so from 18:01 to 18:09 since lol i just noticed that he had his trap face up already which is why yubel's energy lasers/body disappear at 18:24 and she appears to be shocked

The issue is that your timeframe isn't even the full fusion, just the lasers reaching the universes. And even then, most of that timeframe was the dialogue between Yubel and Jaden, not just reactions.

Yes, though that's because the targets were redirected.

Again, they immediately are destroyed by Super Poly's explosion from fusing Jaden and Yubel which isn't even tier 2 anyways. At that point, durability is clearly not tier 2. Regardless of how it's spun.

Can you write a more elaborate explanation please? Other staff members will not be able to make a decision based on that alone.

To summarize, we're debating over whether or not Jaden and Yubel can actually survive the Tier 2-C explosion they currently scale to. The issue arrives from the fact that the 2-C explosion was diverted, so we never actually see it happen. Instead, a much smaller explosion ends up killing Yubel & Jaden. The debate is dependent on the following two points, however, Zencha hasn't responded to the last point yet:
  • Was Yubel at the core of the 2-C hypothetical explosion?
    • Zencha says yes, because the lasers that fuse the universes came out of her and the mist that traditionally precedes fusion was around her.
    • I say no, as the lasers aren't relevant and the mist is later shown to appear elsewhere after Jaden redirects the targets of the fusion to himself and Yubel, and the smaller explosion doesn't even occur where they fused anyways.
  • Yubel and Jaden die moments later to a far weaker explosion, despite fusing and (by YuGiOh logic) becoming significantly stronger.
Is this better or is there something else you'd like for me to add?

Some questions for now; Was it an ordinary explosion? Or was hax involved in it? Were they weakened during that encounter?

The only hax involved was the fusion, which meant that the characters were stronger during the encounter than usual.

It's a bit better but even then, the immediate fusion that happens afterward show (19:33 - 48 ish) shows that the fusion spot isn't Yubel's body, and that the explosion isn't even from where they fused.
Sorry but no shit the fusion target changed
edit1: after checking the ep jaden literally waits for all of this shit to happen and then activates super poly so yea blame jaden
The issue is that your timeframe isn't even the full fusion, just the lasers reaching the universes. And even then, most of that timeframe was the dialogue between Yubel and Jaden, not just reactions.
Yubel statement says that the fusion would've happened at that time so it doesn't matter
also the lasers that were coming from yubel literally get yeeted when the target changed
edit2: again blame jaden
Again, they immediately are destroyed by Super Poly's explosion from fusing Jaden and Yubel which isn't even tier 2 anyways. At that point, durability is clearly not tier 2. Regardless of how it's spun.
Their souls get fused they don't get destroyed or whatever you say
Also again fusionism doesn't have an exact value unless you say transmutation has an ap value for some reason
And your interpretation contrdicts yubel's motivation and what's the narrative presented
edit3: too bad it's a new fusion and isn't the same as the previous one

Last edited:
To summarize, we're debating over whether or not Jaden and Yubel can actually survive the Tier 2-C explosion they currently scale to. The issue arrives from the fact that the 2-C explosion was diverted, so we never actually see it happen. Instead, a much smaller explosion ends up killing Yubel & Jaden. The debate is dependent on the following two points, however, Zencha hasn't responded to the last point yet:
    • Zencha says yes, because the lasers that fuse the universes came out of her and the mist that traditionally precedes fusion was around her.
    • I say no, as the lasers aren't relevant and the mist is later shown to appear elsewhere after Jaden redirects the targets of the fusion to himself and Yubel, and the smaller explosion doesn't even occur where they fused anyways.
  • Yubel and Jaden die moments later to a far weaker explosion, despite fusing and (by YuGiOh logic) becoming significantly stronger.
Thank you. That is probably a good start.

@Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens

Would any of you be willing to help evaluate here please?

I mean do we need staff input if his points are debunked?
His whole thing was why did the fusion between judai and yubel took so long
Which was answered in this clip

Okay. I do not remember the discussion well. My apologies.

i guess if mods want to help i could write a big post about why none of SD's points make any sense

I mean do we need staff input if his points are debunked?
His whole thing was why did the fusion between judai and yubel took so long
Which was answered in this clip

Hold on here Zencha, none of my points (unless you want to argue the compromise with Jinzo counts) have been debunked. Almost everything has already been accepted, even by you, with even some revisions already having taken place.

Hell, even the durability part is still in debate, so you're just making up the debunk part entirely.

Also, your clip isn't even the fusion of the universes...

Okay. I do not remember the discussion well. My apologies.

I'm pretty sure he's just gaslighting you here.

Is there proof that the fusion increases their ap and durability drastically?

That's how Yu-Gi-Oh tends to work. Ie, Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon > Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

Although, even if Zencha were to argue this was an exception, we later see when post-fusion Jaden comes back from a wish that he is literally Jaden + Yubel.

Last edited:
Sorry but no shit the fusion target changed
edit1: after checking the ep jaden literally waits for all of this shit to happen and then activates super poly so yea blame jaden

Yubel statement says that the fusion would've happened at that time so it doesn't matter
also the lasers that were coming from yubel literally get yeeted when the target changed
edit2: again blame jaden

Ye, that's the point?

Jaden altered the targets, so we actually do see where the fusion would take place. Spoiler: wasn't on Yubel's body.

Unless you're stretching and saying switching the card's targets switches the location where the fusion occurs?

Their souls get fused they don't get destroyed or whatever you say
Also again fusionism doesn't have an exact value unless you say transmutation has an ap value for some reason
And your interpretation contradicts yubel's motivation and what's the narrative presented
edit3: too bad it's a new fusion and isn't the same as the previous one

Never said it destroyed their souls though? Said it destroyed Yubel and Jaden, but I haven't argued for soul destruction.

I'm talking about the explosion that happens immediately after the fusion.

Hold on here Zencha, none of my points (unless you want to argue the compromise with Jinzo counts) have been debunked. Almost everything has already been accepted, even by you, with even some revisions already having taken place.

Hell, even the durability part is still in debate, so you're just making up the debunk part entirely.

Also, your clip isn't even the fusion of the universes...
i meant the whole yubel thing not the entire thread
Ye, that's the point?

Jaden altered the targets, so we actually do see where the fusion would take place. Spoiler: wasn't on Yubel's body.

Unless you're stretching and saying switching the card's targets switches the location where the fusion occurs?
my bad i probably should've shown you the translation here(updated it with 2 scans) as you can see it's not the old fusion jaden literally activates a new super poly and the card's locations changes that's why it took so long because jaden didn't want to activate the thing untill he gives a motivational speech to yubel

and i really want to understand your position, you're saying super poly killed jaden and yubel (physically? even though only their souls were fused) but that's not the case since judai is alive in Season4 unless you're arguing for the 4kids dub where it just ends with everyone returning home and thinking jaden died for them
like you keep saying that they get killed by the explosion but what explosion? yubel states that the explosion happens right after the 12 universes get fused which didn't happen are you referring to this one because it's just the same BFR explosion that happened at the start of the of season 3 it has the same color even

and you know that not accepting the lasers having at least some sort of connection to super poly makes yubel 2-C by her own you know
since the lasers come from her body/energy which wouldn't make sense since she needed super poly to reach the 12 dimensions
and it's proven to be related to super poly because of jaden's actions nullifying it
you keep saying that i'm stretching when narratively you're making the biggest stretches that don't narratively make any sense

Last edited:
i think it's somewhat flowery at least in the english translation
gonna check the raws later

@Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens

We would still appreciate some help here, as the discussion seems to constantly go around in circles for a prolonged period of time.

i meant the whole yubel thing not the entire thread

I mean, even there that's not right. The problems with scaling to everyone and the fact that Super Poly was a prep feat was accepted early on.

my bad i probably should've shown you the translation here(updated it with 2 scans) as you can see it's not the old fusion jaden literally activates a new super poly and the card's locations changes that's why it took so long because jaden didn't want to activate the thing untill he gives a motivational speech to yubel

and i really want to understand your position, you're saying super poly killed jaden and yubel (physically? even though only their souls were fused) but that's not the case since judai is alive in Season4 unless you're arguing for the 4kids dub where it just ends with everyone returning home and thinking jaden died for them
like you keep saying that they get killed by the explosion but what explosion? yubel states that the explosion happens right after the 12 universes get fused which didn't happen are you referring to this one because it's just the same BFR explosion that happened at the start of the of season 3 it has the same color even

Yeah, I'm talking about this explosion. While most people got out of the dimensions just fine as a side-effect, we do see that it kills Yubel at the least until Jaden comes back next episode.

I also don't think arguing that Super Poly creates an explosion that BFRs people instead of killing them is a good counterargument here, since it'd just prove my original point.

and you know that not accepting the lasers having at least some sort of connection to super poly makes yubel 2-C by her own you know
since the lasers come from her body/energy which wouldn't make sense since she needed super poly to reach the 12 dimensions
and it's proven to be related to super poly because of jaden's actions nullifying it
you keep saying that i'm stretching when narratively you're making the biggest stretches that don't narratively make any sense

Narratively, the explosion killing them (considering we again, see Yubel die to a weaker explosion) makes sense. Unless you argue it just BFRs, in which case it makes sense sure, but that would be a cop-out of 2-C as well. It's the entire idea that Jaden redirecting Super Poly somehow changes its fusion spot that is a stretch.

Last edited:
I mean, even there that's not right. The problems with scaling to everyone and the fact that Super Poly was a prep feat was accepted early on.
prep for barron and off screen for supreme king since the first time we see him he already had super poly, also there's duel energy scaling like how cards amp the user and the user amps the cards
Yeah, I'm talking about this explosion. While most people got out of the dimensions just fine as a side-effect, we do see that it kills Yubel at the least until Jaden comes back next episode.

I also don't think arguing that Super Poly creates an explosion that BFRs people instead of killing them is a good counterargument here, since it'd just prove my original point.
Narratively, the explosion killing them (considering we again, see Yubel die to a weaker explosion) makes sense. Unless you argue it just BFRs, in which case it makes sense sure, but that would be a cop-out of 2-C as well. It's the entire idea that Jaden redirecting Super Poly somehow changes its fusion spot that is a stretch.
jaden literally says that the explosion won't kill him are you saying jaden has Mid godly regen ? by the same logic johan would also be the same since he "died" to the same white explosion that BFRs people
oh jeez it's almost like a new super poly with new targets and diffferent colors also you didn't prove how it's a side effect of the explosion that only yubel and jaden died to meanwhile the others don't even though by your own logic it's the explosion that kills jaden and yubel and yet does nothing to the rest of the cast

and i still don't understand how any of this means anything when the fusion was literally stated to fuse their souls why does any of this matter it's just soul manip+transmutation or whatever the **** and i already talked with some of people on the vbw discord server all of them said that it would depend but in this case it's clearly hax so if this meaningless point continues further then i'll just call some mods to ends this

@DarkDragonMedeus @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Mr._Bambu @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Ogbunabali @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou

Would any of you be willing to help out here, so we can finally end this circular discussion, please?

gonna start giving my side of the argument on this matter

Super Poly and how it works in the show​

super poly is a spell that is used to fuse 2 monsters in order to become one this is the gist of it
  • yubel wanted to use super poly in order to fuse the 12 dimensions and to destroy all of existence to claim judai's love for all eternity, when she activates super poly she absorbs the fusion mist(a mist that always appears when something is being fused) and spreads her lasers across the 12 dimensions
  • judai then uses a card that redirects the fusion nullifying the energy lasers that came from yubel proving that the lasers are connected to super poly and the fusion
and it also wouldn't make sense if yubel could just spread her lasers and destroy all of existence when she needed super poly to do so

and as you can see after jaden changes the targets of the fusion he activates super poly again meaning it's a new fusion and not the old one as shown by super poly creating a new mist when the old one was gone

as for the "judai and yubel dying to a weaker explosion" argument
as shown in the scans above judai was going to fuse his soul with yubel so the fusion is just hax, soul manip to be exact it's not an anti feat or anything ap related
and as you can see judai states that he won't sacrifice himself for anyone prior the events
and he literally appears in the next ep(min 20:40) and he's fine and he's just a normal human he doesn't have any regeneration or anything like that

Last edited:
and as you can see after jaden changes the targets of the fusion he activates super poly again meaning it's a new fusion and not the old one as shown by super poly creating a new mist when the old one was gone
The link in this part of your post appears to go to a 404.

Also, pardon my asking, please, but what's the evidence the beams are going to the 12 Dimensions?
Yubel's statements in dialogue that she's going to fuse & destroy them, & nothing else?

The link in this part of your post appears to go to a 404.

Also, pardon my asking, please, but what's the evidence the beams are going to the 12 Dimensions?
Yubel's statements in dialogue that she's going to fuse & destroy them, & nothing else?
Weird
Anyways yeah yubel's statements + super poly actually affecting the realms

@Imaginym
sorry i was out of home when you asked me about this anyways the link is now fixed
and here's a video showing everyone's perspective when yubel spread her lasers and in the end of the clip you got the actual timeframe which is 4 seconds

gonna start giving my side of the argument on this matter

Super Poly and how it works in the show​

super poly is a spell that is used to fuse 2 monsters in order to become one this is the gist of it
  • yubel wanted to use super poly in order to fuse the 12 dimensions and to destroy all of existence to claim judai's love for all eternity, when she activates super poly she absorbs the fusion mist(a mist that always appears when something is being fused) and spreads her lasers across the 12 dimensions
  • judai then uses a card that redirects the fusion nullifying the energy lasers that came from yubel proving that the lasers are connected to super poly and the fusion
and it also wouldn't make sense if yubel could just spread her lasers and destroy all of existence when she needed super poly to do so

as for the "judai and yubel dying to a weaker explosion" argument
as shown in the scans above judai was going to fuse his soul with yubel so the fusion is just hax, soul manip to be exact it's not an anti feat or anything ap related
and as you can see judai states that he won't sacrifice himself for anyone prior the events
and he literally appears in the next ep(min 20:40) and he's fine and he's just a normal human he doesn't have any regeneration or anything like that
also to clear any doubt that yubel and jaden's souls didn't die during the fusion explosion
here jaden straight up says that yubel is a part of his soul now
(i should've watched the later eps smh)

also to clear any doubt that yubel and jaden's souls didn't die during the fusion explosion
here jaden straight up says that yubel is a part of his soul now
(i should've watched the later eps smh)
....I thought it was common knowledge that Jaden & Yubel's souls ended up fused at the end of that duel.

Could someone link/quote the posts which indicated, clearly, that Yubel &/or Jaden's souls died during the fusion explosion, please?

....I thought it was common knowledge that Jaden & Yubel's souls ended up fused at the end of that duel.

Could someone link/quote the posts which indicated, clearly, that Yubel &/or Jaden's souls died during the fusion explosion, please?
ask @SomebodyData i sometimes have no idea what's going through his head

I don't know what to do here, since almost all of our higher ranked staff members have been unwilling to help out so far. It is honestly rather disappointing.

I don't know what to do here, since almost all of our higher ranked staff members have been unwilling to help out so far. It is honestly rather disappointing.
Nobody wants to comment on a thread which is going on for eons, at circles and with a verse I imagine most don’t care for vs debating wise

This’s just a dead horse both sides are not willing to let rot lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back