• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Be My Rimworld Pawns Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright:

• @PsychoWarper accidentally killed @Armorchompy by my orders: I had been working on Crab's Hermit Tower (which I've decided will really just be an extremely beautiful place to be filled with money and a meditation spot for him) when Armor, one of the builders, decided to tantrum and beat the hell out of our castle gate. I wanted him to knock it off, and none of the attempts to calm him worked, so I had Psycho mana-drain him, because usually it just incapacitates the target. This time it sucked his entire brain out of his skull and killed him instantly. Classic mistake, right? I had @Da3ggman regenerate his brain for him but like. Man. It really Escalated Quickly.
  • @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara is in gay love with her gay lover. They're together now, is what I'm saying, after I personally witnessed three failed attempts at variable chances of success. I don't know if I'd call it "rizz" but whatever it was it got there eventually.
  • Breakfast, our best smith alongside @Epiccheev, has been turned into a Mind Flayer. It matches his psionic abilities. I like it. Because he was geared up in some of our Hardened Adamantine gear, this has trickled down to the riff-raff, including Psycho's undead. He's now called Yelin, because Breakfast is a stupid name for a Mind Flayer.
  • A horrifying moment ensued when the game wouldn't run. Like at all. I checked the bug logs and from what I can understand, the game was trying hundreds of times a second to generate a pawn for the Treasure Hunter faction that was incapable of medical labor. However, their list of acceptable backstories could not support such a requirement. And as such, it was generating an impossible pawn to generate for thousands upon thousands of ticks, causing the game to be incapable of running. I removed their faction entirely.
  • I just had @PsychoWarper go out alone to deal with the small bases, man, **** it. The disparity in kills and damage output literally isn't even close anymore, Necromancer is absurdly overpowered and would be even if he did start as weak as everyone else. He's going to an EMI post now- these things disable electronics, which affects us absolutely 0 because our highest form of produced technology is a pair of trebuchets we built and a windmill. Still, fuckem.
  • Because our pawns do not understand technology, we have not researched anything electrical or industrial in nature. Still, we have acquired a number of artifacts that are beyond science that consume or create power. So one of the rooms of the college are dedicated to just... electrical thingies. That work, but we know not how. There's four vanometric power cells and an unstable power cell in there, generating a pretty large amount of power, and only connected to an infinite chemreactor one of the kingdoms had for some reason.

I haven't had time to work on this lately, as I am beleaguered by the several major discussions I am entrenched in. These all happened a bit ago, I just was working on more.

In spite of my low time for this, we continue with profiles as we reach the end of the playthrough. @Arceus0x @Comiphorous and @Armorchompy profiles, recently.

Alright:

• @PsychoWarper accidentally killed @Armorchompy by my orders: I had been working on Crab's Hermit Tower (which I've decided will really just be an extremely beautiful place to be filled with money and a meditation spot for him) when Armor, one of the builders, decided to tantrum and beat the hell out of our castle gate. I wanted him to knock it off, and none of the attempts to calm him worked, so I had Psycho mana-drain him, because usually it just incapacitates the target. This time it sucked his entire brain out of his skull and killed him instantly. Classic mistake, right? I had @Da3ggman regenerate his brain for him but like. Man. It really Escalated Quickly.

what the hell man

I just had @PsychoWarper go out alone to deal with the small bases, man, **** it. The disparity in kills and damage output literally isn't even close anymore, Necromancer is absurdly overpowered and would be even if he did start as weak as everyone else. He's going to an EMI post now- these things disable electronics, which affects us absolutely 0 because our highest form of produced technology is a pair of trebuchets we built and a windmill. Still, fuckem.
Lmao

Yeah Necromancer is ******* ridiculous, its just so OP I honestly feel kinda bad for choosing it.

y'ever start playing a game for awhile and then that becomes a couple weeks and then you forget about the game you were just playing
Not really, believe it or not.

If I'm hooked by a game I'm hooked by the balls, and it ain't letting me go until i've splurged myself out completely.

yeah well I don't

games go on cooldown after extended use, after which I can return

there's little left to achieve in the Rimworld run and I just got sidetracked by other stuff. could try to blow up the Imperium's city I suppose.

(I've played games like this for my entire life, it comes and goes in cycles)

SgQ4JAS.jpeg

A return in retrospective to offer closure where none was had. Rest in peace to Fujiwara. It has been a miserable night and it felt right to focus in on this.

uiB7iiB.png

89wTcb8.png

I could write out descriptions of the raids, the armies of foes that have tried to breach our walls. Even tonight we suffered two, each weathered by prodigious use of spellcraft and golem meatshields (in a literal sense, per the flesh golems who tend the outer castle wards). Instead I choose to offer perspective on where we ended up, and what I will probably do next, should opportunity and want arise.

@Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara began this game the same way she ended it: enraged at the world and demanding of blood to sate it. A gay cannibal vampire of overwhelming ability as a Faceless, a sort of warrior who can hide their own face and steal that of others for certain esoteric effects- reflecting damage, taking control of another, and so on. Ultimately courting an artisan of Wratholme named Yumiko, Fujiwara serves roles beyond mere bloodshed. She is the colony's premier intellectual mind, as well as one of its most talented artists- although many of our pieces are plundered from abroad, she has made multiple masterwork or legendary quality works when inspiration struck. Her weapon, the Ruunbled Stagnir, was for quite a long time our best weapon available, and remains amongst them. She is the madame of the Wratholme Gallery, our place of storing valuable relics created by our own or found abroad, be it in dungeons or the homes of craven enemies. She is the author of Complete Technomancy, an intellectual treatise on archotech technology, as well as the Lexicon of Hardened Steel, an acclaimed guide to her particular fighting style.

@Crabwhale was always built to be a straightforward combat pawn. Little about him screamed unpredictability: he was strong and tough and would deal with situations with consistency. It was because of this that he emerged early as the lead of our military forces, and continued on with a simple build. We poured upon him the highest rated armor, the weapons that did simply the most damage. He mastered many stances for combat, and his penchant for them was and still is more or less untouched by the other colonists. In addition to our military commander, Crab is a the colony's Stablemaster, and also a part-time miner. His house is among the closest to the Outer Gates, so he may awake and teleport through the defenses to meet any threat head-on. He is rarely available beyond our constant need for bodies on the battlefield, and so has little social life beyond a litany of bonded pets (most notably the unicorn Amalthea, and the fleshbeast Harvey).

@Epiccheev is our Lord and Technomancer, the Raiser of Legions and the master of Abaddon, who is finally finished (although porting them as an image causes it to just show the basic version of the golem, rather than the full shabang). Kindly and wise, he is a world-renowned craftsman and a Praetor of the Imperium. While not a combatant himself, much of his contributions are in buffing our soldiers and providing easily mendable flesh for them to hide behind. It is his artifice that arms many of our soldiers. It is his guidance that marches the colony onwards. It is Epicurius Cheevler that speaks with the gods of the sky.

@Comiphorous, the resident Death Knight of Wratholme, is another member of our Royal Knights alongside Crabbius and Mad Dog. They are expected to hold the front line of the fort, making use of what defenses we have whilst others join them. Failure on their behalf means death- not just for them, but for the people living within our walls, ill-equipped for combat. Jebediah Comiphor, Warmaster and only the most recent of a lineage of soldiers leading back to the ages of Molokar, on a distant Rimworld. Though his family does not reside in Wratholme, he is bonded to Thorn, one of our fastest mounts, fit for an individual most often sent afield to destroy enemy facilities and dungeons alike. He is also among those who run the Flesh Golem Production Line, as he does not mind handling corpses so much (being an entity of Death himself).

@Da3ggman is a fascinating pawn, because in a place so stained with blood over practically every surface, he remains a pacifist. A priest and healer amongst our society, a good amount of you, and your loved ones, have been resurrected by his hand. It is he who tends the fields and brings life into the world. Supposed brother to Balxidor, where Psycho destroys, Eggman creates. He farms, he crafts, he builds. Within the colony he leads a fairly quiet life. As is good.

@Armorchompy is one of the colony's best shots, as well as a miner and cook. It is this mixture of trades that make him a fairly ideal contributor to Psycho's Mage College, mixed with being a psychopath. For whatever indiscernible reason, the process benefits- nay, requires- a prestigious cook. Occasionally I have observed him visiting the grave of his dead wife in quiet contemplation, sometimes with another pawn. It is a sad interaction. He is a consistent emotional trainwreck, not helped by the loss of Jack, the Ripper Hound he claimed as his ranger pet. In spite of this, he has consistently been a major player of our military and can be considered the leader of the Archer Line when it comes to the defense of Wratholme.

@Arceus0x, oft shortened to "Ox", is the master of the Pie-Eyed Boar, the place of culture for our city where weapons can be paid for a stay in the lap of luxury. Knights and space-born diplomats and savages and monks and mages and wisemen alike rest at the Boar, and with this we have grown into an age beyond bloodshed. Much of our progress is owed to the inn and its lord. It also serves as our own food hall, where we eat and make merry and become wed and celebrate ceremonies. Ox commands that the place bleed with luxury, and so it does, all for affordable prices. Shelves are stocked with wine and beer and tea and cigarettes. It is a good place. In addition to being an entrepeneur, healer, and globally-recognized chef, Ox is our resident wild mage, and currently has a number of powerful spells he uses to assist. He is married to Nierre and bonded to Paraxasthun, one of our wyverns. He leads an idyllic life, often away from combat in spite of his notable talent for it- wild magic has a tendency to hurt both sides, and his skills are often too valuable to risk losing to wounds.

@Nierre, speaking of, our single most capable ranged fighter (short of magic abilities). Where Armor excels in quantity, Nierre can fire the highest damage in a single shot at the longest range with the greatest precision. A sort of medieval sniper, she also serves in the fields as one of the overseers, as well as the operator of our medical ward. She has four children, all of whom are themselves capable contributors to the colony. Much like Ox, I consider her more valuable than others in times of great distress, and so when shit hits the fan, Nierre tends to fight at a safe distance compared even to the other ranged soldiers- we will need a healer, when all is said and done.

@Tllmbrg is our Paladin and member of the Royal Knights. Durable to a bizarre degree, his faith shields him in combat from all but the most grievous situations, typically even allowing him to block out lasers and explosives from our mechanoid foes. Married to a literal angel, Lemberg has two children, Zariel and Glasya. His house and Ox's are great friends, and he maintains good relationships with Nierre and all of her children. In terms of contribution, he is lightly devoted to a number of crafts, ranging from farming to healing to cooking, although he mostly serves merely as an assistant in the latter case- cooking meals of low priority or butchering animals for consumption. Infamously, Tllmbrg is the wielder of the Avatar of Frost, a powerful greataxe that slows enemies- another crux of his potential as a soldier, that allows him to fight without dependence upon others. He can heal himself, he can get to where he needs to be in record time, and he can survive unspeakable odds.

@Rakih_Elyan is a strange combatant, being about equally talented in ranged and melee warfare. He wields one of the colony's few firearms, while also bearing the great hammer Flamebreaker, which sets enemies on fire. Clad in entirely golden armor and setting foes aflame, he is there for Shock Value more than actual damage (not to say he does not do damage). When he does get to do Monk shit, that just makes him all the better. When not serving the colony martially, Elyan is one of the colony's brightest minds, typically serving as a researcher. As such, he has written multiple tomes lining our library in the arcane college- The Precursor Conspiracies, and the Warriors of Tek, both dealing in esoteric ancient technology.

@GreyFang82 is our chief negotiator and the Knight-Lord of Wratholme, the only one aside from Cheev who bears an appropriate rank to speak with the Imperium. As such, he is our highest social dealer, in addition to serving as one of our military leaders (and the highest ranking of them within our society). Concerned more with the leading of men than the prowess of an individual, he is indeed not as strong as a unit compared to Fujiwara, Tllmbrg, Crab, or any of the other martial heroes. Instead, his skills lie in the bolstering of others. He is a Leader. He is also an extremely talented intellectual and healer, frequently tending to the wounded after combat. He has a wife, Malvina, and a child named Jack. He is also the wielder of the colony's extremely advanced persona monosword, Portia, which he regards as a magical and sentient weapon due to the persona living within it.

...and finally @PsychoWarper, the one whom this playthrough more or less centered on. Canonically the same character as his original incarnation in BMRP 1, he is now a deathless lich responsible for drawing together the long-descended lineage of those original colonists here, on this distant world. A lord of death, so powerful is Psycho's magic that under ideal circumstances, he could weather invasions on his own. A risky affair no matter what, but one that frequently worked. Entire battalions of enemies were laid low in the face of his fog and bolts charged with death itself. His undead servants similarly have kept the colony afloat by serving as tireless guards- less efficient than any of our own knights, but worthy enough to maintain our defenses regardless. In about 7 and a half years, Balxidor the Lich has killed or caused the deaths of more than the rest of the colony combined. I do not need to lambaste on about the virtues of his contributions, and the horrors he has wrought upon the world. Entire cities lay dead. Responsible for our magic college, were it not for Balxidor, I am uncertain Wratholme would have made it- or, at least, certainly not as comfortably as it did. He is the creator of the Tome of Dreaded Night, as well as approximately half of all magical gear owned by the colony. Rings of haste, various spell scrolls, etc. Much of what we have first passed through his hands. The price is the bones crushed underfoot.

I am content with this playthrough. In truth, it faltered because several of the mods did not play nice with each other. Playable, but not without many errors. Some caused obviously broken things, others did very little. By the end there was a constant stream of errors that caused me to simply hide the error menu- it would reopen whenever closed, anyway. Unable to fix the issue, I did as I could with finishing things. I found myself less and less interested in playing in a world with very little left to do, anyways. We could simply expand infinitely, but really our greatest natural challenges had been overcome. We have faced multiple raids of the highest order and weathered them with no casualties. Arguably we could turn on the Imperium, but I don't find that satisfying- they are our allies, and quite frankly, I'm very certain we would easily destroy the only settlement of their's within 100 hexes of our own. So it is time to move on. I will make another, although I will take time- there is a new version of Rimworld about, and although I lack the DLC associated with it, this means the mods have changed. I know the next theme will be very simply a neverending War, and will see the return of at least one character from the original playthrough (BMRP 1).

Until then, here is an album showing all of your final stats. Some of them are somewhat inaccurate due to crashes at pivotal times and similar issues, but they are a ballpark, at least- most should be approximately on point. Included are also a number of other notable pawns from the colony, ranging from Ethorel, @Tllmbrg's wife and our angel-knight, to Breakfast, our chief smith turned Mind Flayer (and thus given a cool ass sword to commemorate that).

Hope to see y'all in the next one. Thank you 🫡

Last edited:
As a form of distraction from some unfortunate life circumstances going on, I threw myself into preparing for the next one. As part of that, I've done all the profiles that needed doing for Season 2, ending up at 35 of the bastards (ignore the first two). All PCs, notable NPCs (whether colony members or cool hostiles we saw along the way), or creatures worthy of indexing. Something to be said for the handful of Eldritch Horrors not currently documented, but to be honest, they don't have much going on.

Next step is updating the profiles from Season 1 to be in line with Season 2 (FC/OC CRT incoming, big news).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back