• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) - Breath of Discussion: 5th Form

I disagree with extraordinary genius

• Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

i think he qualifies for executing complex strategies under pressure but yeah, i said it's unlikely

anyone here knows if there is a way to scale the heat output done with yoriichi's sword?

that kept burning muzan's cells for 500 years without showing any signs of stopping and the guy has a godly healing factor even when weakened but appereantly even in his prime his healing factor wasn't strong enough to get rid of the damage being done so that feat just seems overpowered

anyone here knows if there is a way to scale the heat output done with yoriichi's sword?

that kept burning muzan's cells for 500 years without showing any signs of stopping and the guy has a godly healing factor even when weakened but appereantly even in his prime his healing factor wasn't strong enough to get rid of the damage being done so that feat just seems overpowered
I'm not sure if that would necessarily be due to the heat being just that high. It certainly is quite hot but the heat remaining for that long seems to be more like a supernatural trait than a natural consequence of a massive amount of heat. If it really was the level of heat that needs centuries in order to cool down, then that would be very noticeable and also practically permanently put Yoriichi's sword into its crimson red state.

I'm not sure if that would necessarily be due to the heat being just that high. It certainly is quite hot but the heat remaining for that long seems to be more like a supernatural trait than a natural consequence of a massive amount of heat. If it really was the level of heat that needs centuries in order to cool down, then that would be very noticeable and also practically permanently put Yoriichi's sword into its crimson red state.
the nichirin sword itself is supernatural in nature, so we really have no idea about it's properties or how long it takes to cool down we also don't know how long it took for yoriichi's blade to return to normal

and judging by the fact that muzan said tanjiro's red blade will soon return to normal after he was exausthed, we can deduce the time it takes for the blade to return to normal really isn't that much

but anyways, this is just a possibility

the nichirin sword itself is supernatural in nature, so we really have no idea about it's properties or how long it takes to cool down we also don't know how long it took for yoriichi's blade to return to normal

and judging by the fact that muzan said tanjiro's red blade will soon return to normal after he was exausthed, we can deduce the time it takes for the blade to return to normal really isn't that much

but anyways, this is just a possibility
It really cannot take much time for Yoriichi's blade to turn back to black since Sumiyoshi's wife directly stated that the sword only turns red when he fights which implies that from her perspective it has always been black while not being used in combat. If you want to have some concrete values to think about, then how about the temperature that would be needed to burn human flesh and the temperature needed to make steel glow brightly? A Crimson Red Nichirin Blade is most likely at least hotter than those things and Yoriichi would scale above any other user.

It really cannot take much time for Yoriichi's blade to turn back to black since Sumiyoshi's wife directly stated that the sword only turns red when he fights which implies that from her perspective it has always been black while not being used in combat. If you want to have some concrete values to think about, then how about the temperature that would be needed to burn human flesh and the temperature needed to make steel glow brightly? A Crimson Red Nichirin Blade is most likely at least hotter than those things and Yoriichi would scale above any other user.
that's true, i already tought of using steel but i really don't know how to calc

like, how do you calculate how much heat it takes to keep burning a human's flesh that's constantly regenerating for 500 years?

it's kind of sad this feat is unquantifiable

it kind of just makes yoriichi invincible among the 8A characters since one slash and will instantly turn to ashes

that's true, i already tought of using steel but i really don't know how to calc

like, how do you calculate how much heat it takes to keep burning a human's flesh that's constantly regenerating for 500 years?

it's kind of sad this feat is unquantifiable

it kind of just makes yoriichi invincible among the 8A characters since one slash and will instantly turn to ashes
There are probably already values for heating steel up until it glows somewhere on the internet. At least that's what I would think. The 500 years seem more like a supernatural trait to me and there is also the involvement of Regeneration Negation.

I had the same opinion, I think this is more regeneration negation rather AP feat.

There are probably already values for heating steel up until it glows already somewhere on the internet. At least that's what I would think. The 500 years seem more like a supernatural trait to me and there is also the involvement of Regeneration Negation.
he negates regeneration by constantly burning muzan cells at a rate faster than what he can regenerate, that's what i tought everyone assumed as that's how the shining red blade even works, it's based on heat after all so it's definitely AP

but anyways the topic really isn't going anywhere but i have another question

i found this when checking the profiles, it's about rengoku dashing and lifting the train via his dash

main-qimg-520a3429a03f325496659187ff14a757-pjlq

the databook also supports it by stating that his stepping force is enough to shake the train's body

so
1 does that count as AP as it was done instantly and with a single motion
2 or does it only count as LS
3 both
4 none of the above

Also, I think it may even get way unimaginable higher AP feat than his current consistent AP scaling, but I am not math person.

Also, I think it may even get way unimaginable higher AP feat than his current consistent AP scaling, but I am not math person.
one that he deserves considering the slayer's red blades are not even effective while his is in fact way too effective,

but that's beside the point, what about the other feat?

Is this comment, the link i send don't Go there exactly.
I am not specially good with calcs, but I actually think que results must be higher than that. With the Volume of the Buda, a Cylinder seems to be more according to the characteristics that it's actually have, been more circular than rectangular in his base and structure, obviously including the head.

With that in mind, we can apply his Formula, using the Height and Width like the Base Radius. It gives us a Volume of 1157.3576065033 m^3. Using the density of ice, this would be 1064768.99798 Kg. The Specific Heat Capacity of Water actually is 4186 J/Kg in the Calculations Page. Making the maths, the results is 89142460511.1 Joules. Then using 2108 J/Kg according to the calcs, would be 11222665238.7 Joules. And with the Energy to Freezing Water of 334,000 J/Kg, the results are 355632845326 Joules. All of this would yield an energy of 455997971076 Joules or 108.98 Tons of TNT, that is Multi-city block+. Plus, I think is correctly if we use de Kinetic Energy for the Buda, too.

When Kanao and Inosuke came after Douma, inmediatly we can see the Buda standing in front of them, and both seems surprised, that can be a sign that both of them were incapable of at least notice when the Ice Sculpture was rising from the water to the top of the scenario. This can make applicable the perception of the brain of 13 milliseconds. The Height of 16.82 / 0.013 gives 1293.84615385 m/s. And with the previous Weight, it gives us a Energy Yield of 891232000000 Joules, equal to 213 Tons.

Final Tally: 108.98 Tons of Freezing. 213 Tons for KE. 321.98 Tons in total. Multi-city block+.

I asking if this value is legit to the 8-A people.

uhh

so if i reword the "he made the breathing styles" in yoriichi's profile to "he made a power system that gave impetus to human evolution" would that allow for extraordinary genius intelligence?

also since tanjiro can use both the water and the sun breath, shouldn't yoriichi have the water fire wind thunder and rock breaths in his notable attacks/techniques considering he is the one who made them all

i'll work on some revisions next month when i have free time, so i kinda need to ask

also since tanjiro can use both the water and the sun breath, shouldn't yoriichi have the water fire wind thunder and rock breaths in his notable attacks/techniques considering he is the one who made them all
He din't really created all Breathing style trought, he just created one.
But everyone else just kinda develope they own thing after copying him.

kokushibo explicitly stated yoriichi was teaching everyone else breaths and techniques then he modified them to suit each person's strenght and weaknesses, and that's how multiple techniques and breaths derived from the sun breath came to exist

read page 7chap 178 because my wifi sucks

uhh

so if i reword the "he made the breathing styles" in yoriichi's profile to "he made a power system that gave impetus to human evolution" would that allow for extraordinary genius intelligence?

i'll work on some revisions next month when i have free time, so i kinda need to ask
Idk if its grounds for extraordinary genius but yeah he should be credited for creating the breathing styles.

He doesnt already have them? He should since he created them. And also didnt tanjiro use the base of thunder breathing to increase his speed in the swordsmith village arc?
If I remember correctly he was trying to teach the best swordsmen at the time sun breathing but they couldnt learn it, so he created breathings that are far inferior to sun breathing (Fire, Rock, Water, Wind, Thunder) so that the swordsmen can utilize breathe styles and to suit their own styles.

Idk if its grounds for extraordinary genius but yeah he should be credited for creating the breathing styles.
oh hello there, never saw you before

i just tought since the guy made something that gives impetus to human evolution on his own he should have some ground for higher int, but i guess not

i wasn't holding that much hope on it anyways

He doesnt already have them? He should since he created them. And also didnt tanjiro use the base of thunder breathing to increase his speed in the swordsmith village arc?
no, appearently he only has the sun breath on his profile, i was always confused on that part

edit: also yes, tanjiro did use the base of the thunder breath just from some memories of how to use it from zenitsu

i was told that can be considered as power mimicry

oh hello there, never saw you before

i just tought since the guy made something that gives impetus to human evolution on his own he should have some ground for higher int, but i guess not

i wasn't holding that much hope on it anyways

no, appearently he only has the sun breath on his profile, i was always confused on that part
Sup. Im not familiar with intelligence and what is required to gain higher levels of it aside from the basic stuff. His intelligence section seems sufficient for me and genius is fine for him. I think extraordinary genius is reserved for absurdly smart characters like batman.

Yeah he should def have the 5 OG breathe styles since he created them. The profiles even acknowledge this

Sup. Im not familiar with intelligence and what is required to gain higher levels of it aside from the basic stuff. His intelligence section seems sufficient for me and genius is fine for him. I think extraordinary genius is reserved for absurdly smart characters like batman.

Yeah he should def have the 5 OG breathe styles since he created them. The profiles even acknowledge this
well, a new face is always welcome, i hope we can get along

i will be working on a CRT next month when i have free time since the profiles need some abilities added to them, thankd for your time mister razor

well, a new face is always welcome, i hope we can get along

i will be working on a CRT next month when i have free time since the profiles need some abilities added to them, thankd for your time mister razor
I'm looking forward to that CRT, I also think the profiles need a bit of fixing

kokushibo explicitly stated yoriichi was teaching everyone else breaths and techniques then he modified them to suit each person's strenght and weaknesses, and that's how multiple techniques and breaths derived from the sun breath came to exist
I always trought he meant like, he teach them the Breathing techniques, as in the constant breathing, but people came up with the other style themselfs afterwords, not that he also created the other forms of breathings.
demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-178-even-if-you-reach-out-your-hand-7.jpg

Like, he teach breath techniques for people, and them they derived for him teachings and created they own forms.

But i guess your interpretation is fine.

I always trought he meant like, he teach them the Breathing techniques, as in the constant breathing, but people came up with the other style themselfs afterwords, not that he also created the other forms of breathings.

Like, he teach breath techniques for people, and them they derived for him teachings and created they own forms.

It says right there "Yoriichi changed the breathing techniques as he taught. Thus, techniques derived from sun breathing came one after the other." I guess you could say they were the one that created the breathe styles themselves but it seems to me that yoriichi just straight up taught them the other breathing styles.

It's not like as if Breathing Style users are physiologically drastically different from ordinary humans, so saying stuff about human evolution seems really off since there doesn't seem to be any connection and evolution isn't even a theme that is being used in the manga, so I'd personally reject that kind of reasoning.

Tanjiro specifically learned and trained to use Water Breathing and even then he wasn't as compatible with it as he was with Sun Breathing. While it would hardly surprise me if Yoriichi was to at least some degree capable of all the Breathing Styles he teached one thing we should keep in mind is that these Breathing Styles were adjusted to the people he teached and therefore not made with himself using them in mind, so there's no telling how compatible he would actually be with them even if we can assume that he would probably do a lot better than Tanjiro.

first it was stated that yoriichi was teaching everyone his sword technique and breaths and then to suit each person's skills and capabailities yoriichi changed the breathing technique qs he taught that very act is what caused different breathing techniques to be made, it was not stated nor implied that others developed them, but they came out to be as yoriichi worked around other people's strenghts and weaknesses and modified the sun breath to suit them, thus creating more breathing styles and techniques

the total concentration breathing is something noted to be elementary in itself,it has no "types" it's simply maintaining the total Concentration Breathing state from the breathing styles 24/7

It's not like as if Breathing Style users are physiologically drastically different from ordinary humans, so saying stuff about human evolution seems really off since there doesn't seem to be any connection and evolution isn't even a theme that is being used in the manga, so I'd personally reject that kind of reasoning.
i don't know, it just felt off having the guy who made the entire power system that made humans have the same strenght as demons pretty much on his own be an ordinary genius...
welp, chalk it to his lack of feats i guess
Tanjiro specifically learned and trained to use Water Breathing and even then he wasn't as compatible with it as he was with Sun Breathing. While it would hardly surprise me if Yoriichi was to at least some degree capable of all the Breathing Styles he teached one thing we should keep in mind is that these Breathing Styles were adjusted to the people he teached and therefore not made with himself using them in mind, so there's no telling how compatible he would actually be with them even if we can assume that he would probably do a lot better than Tanjiro.
this is mostly to index the character, demon hunters don't learn multiple breathing styles and focus on the one they're thr post compatible with

however tanjiro found situations where usuing another breathing styles was the most optimal, such as when he copied the thunder breath for a burst in speed the water breath couldn't offer him so it would be a worthwile addition either way

btw, i want your opinion on giving tanjiro power mimicry for copying the thunder breath from zenitsu's description of it in his memories, would that work?

Back