• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem Discussion thread: New Forum, New Mystery of the Emblem

Most Knowledgeable Fire Emblem Lore Supporters..

I want to start playing FE, and want to get into it chronologically... in what order should I play them?

There is no real Chronological order of every single game, it's a big multiverse. So if Chronology is a concern, it wouldn't matter where to start. But Awakening and/or Three Houses are probably the easiest to get into.

Last edited:
Most Knowledgeable Fire Emblem Lore Supporters..

I want to start playing FE, and want to get into it chronologically... in what order should I play them?
Their is a references to other opus in most games but most of the times each games work as a standalone with some exceptions:

*FE 3/12 aka Mystery/ New Mystery is a direct sequel to Shadow Dragon aka FE 1/11 and should be played after it.

*FE 10 Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel to FE 9 Path of Radiance and should be played after it.

*FE 5 Thracia 776 is not technically a sequel to FE 4 Genealogy of the Holy War but should still be played after it to better understand the plot.

*Despite being an alternate timeline FE Warriors Three Hopes should be played after clearing at least one ending of FE 16 Three Houses as the Warriors game takes some important plot point from Three Houses as already known and doesn't come back on it.

*FE 7 Blazing Sword/Blade is a prequel to FE 6 Binding Blade but both can be treated as standalone as aside from a few charater the plot of those games are loosely connected.

*FE 13 Awakening happens one thousand year after FE 3/12.

Good to know:

*FE 15 Echoes is a remake of FE 2 Gaiden.
*FE 11 Shadow Dragon is a remake of FE 1 Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.
*FE 12 New Mystery of the Emblem is a remake of FE 3 Mystery of the Emblem
*FE Warriors 3 Hopes is a alternate timeline of FE 16 3 Houses

Now chronogically: (Each saga here is a different universe or is loosely connected to other Sagas.):

Akaneia saga:

FE Shadow Dragon -> FE Echoes -> FE New Mystery -> FE Awakening

Fates Saga:
FE 14 fates (Lone game that happen in a parrallel world to Awakening).

Jugdral saga:
FE 4 1rst half -> FE 5 and FE 4 2nd half (Follow directly the first half and happen rougly at the same time.)
May be connected to the Akaneia since Naga is me,tionned in both.

Elibe saga:
FE 7 Blazing Sword -> FE 6 Binding Blades

Magvel saga:
FE 8 Sacred Stones (Standalone game with close to no connections to other saga.)

Tellius saga:
FE 9 Path of Radiance -> FE 10 Radiant Dawn

Fodlan saga:
FE 16 Three Houses -> FE Warriors Three Hopes (Is an alternate timeline but should still be played after due to lacking crucial information.)

Engage saga:
FE 17 Engage (Is a standalone game but since ir's an anniversary title, feature cameo of the main protagonists of previous games as Emblems.)

Special Cases:

FE Heroes is a gacha featuring characters from nearly every games of the series.
FE Warrior (the first one) is a musou game that features characters from previous games.

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore is a crossover of Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei.

Their is a references to other opus in most games but most of the times each games work as a standalone with some exceptions:

*FE 3/12 aka Mystery/ New Mystery is a direct sequel to Shadow Dragon aka FE 1/11 and should be played after it.

*FE 10 Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel to FE 9 Path of Radiance and should be played after it.

*FE 5 Thracia 776 is not technically a sequel to FE 4 Genealogy of the Holy War but should still be played after it to better understand the plot.

*Despite being an alternate timeline FE Warriors Three Hopes should be played after clearing at least one ending of FE 16 Three Houses as the Warriors game takes some important plot point from Three Houses as already known and doesn't come back on it.

*FE 7 Blazing Sword/Blade is a prequel to FE 6 Binding Blade but both can be treated as standalone as aside from a few charater the plot of those games are loosely connected.

*FE 13 Awakening happens one thousand year after FE 3/12.

Good to know:

*FE 15 Echoes is a remake of FE 2 Gaiden.
*FE 11 Shadow Dragon is a remake of FE 1 Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.
*FE 12 New Mystery of the Emblem is a remake of FE 3 Mystery of the Emblem
*FE Warriors 3 Hopes is a alternate timeline of FE 16 3 Houses

Now chronogically: (Each saga here is a different universe or is loosely connected to other Sagas.):

Akaneia saga:

FE Shadow Dragon -> FE Echoes -> FE New Mystery -> FE Awakening

Fates Saga:
FE 14 fates (Lone game that happen in a parrallel world to Awakening).

Jugdral saga:
FE 4 1rst half -> FE 5 and FE 4 2nd half (Follow directly the first half and happen rougly at the same time.)
May be connected to the Akaneia since Naga is me,tionned in both.

Elibe saga:
FE 7 Blazing Sword -> FE 6 Binding Blades

Magvel saga:
FE 8 Sacred Stones (Standalone game with close to no connections to other saga.)

Tellius saga:
FE 9 Path of Radiance -> FE 10 Radiant Dawn

Fodlan saga:
FE 16 Three Houses -> FE Warriors Three Hopes (Is an alternate timeline but should still be played after due to lacking crucial information.)

Engage saga:
FE 17 Engage (Is a standalone game but since ir's an anniversary title, feature cameo of the main protagonists of previous games as Emblems.)

Special Cases:

FE Heroes is a gacha featuring characters from nearly every games of the series.
FE Warrior (the first one) is a musou game that features characters from previous games.

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE Encore is a crossover of Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei.
Also, basically right but Awakening is actually like 2000 years after FE 3/12 not just 1000. And FE4 and FE5 are implied to take place roughly 1000 years before FE1.

Ok so doesn’t fodlan have the three regalia?
They exist but it's unknow if that's the same blades as in Akaneïa.

They seem to be more references to previous games than anything since you can loot them from random monsters during week with a red exclamation point.

Oh.. this is more confusing than I thought
Don't worry, it gets way worse.

CNkyrse.jpg

Yea, but those were duplicates, aren't they? Copycat Regalia exists across entries. Like different versions of Mercurius has shown up in other games. In the Infinite Regalia DLC where you get most of the Regalia from other games, they say the weapons are twins, so I think they're just copies, not the actual ones from those games.

“Divine Weapons—unique weapons that have received the blessing of the gods. However, deep within some ruins, twins of these divine weapons slumber."
- Xenologue 15

Last edited:
Yea, but those were duplicates, aren't they? Copycat Regalia exists across entries. Like different versions of Mercurius has shown up in other games. In the Infinite Regalia DLC where you get most of the Regalia from other games, they say the weapons are twins, so I think they're just copies, not the actual ones from those games.

“Divine Weapons—unique weapons that have received the blessing of the gods. However, deep within some ruins, twins of these divine weapons slumber."
- Xenologue 15
They might be duplicates, but they’ve all aged in the same way that the real Divine Weapons do, as seen with Ragnell. The Ragnell you obtain in the Xenologue is identical to the one owned by Priam, which is the real Ragnell. Considering the divine weapons aren’t decayed in their base games, the decayed state of the twin versions in Awakening indicates that a lot of time has passed.

Pretty much every game made before Awakening ties into Awakening; not just Sacred Stones, but Elibe too.

... where do i even start... wtf
The best starting points are FE 7 Blazing Sword (Very beginner friendly, in fact the lyn story mode is considered as a tutorial despite being a third of the game but hard to find outside of emulating since it's a gameboy game), FE 13 Awakening (Also beginner friendly but can do some references that might get over new player) and FE 16 Three Houses (Easy to get (switch game) and don't require knowledge of previous game but possess many specifics mecanics compared to the rest of the series.).

Technically the Fodlan duology should be split into like 7 different timelines (10 if you include the option to kill or recruit Byleth in Hopes).

Wrap your heads around that one.
Number of timelines are endless given the possibilities of who dies on the battle field and when. But yeah, Fodlan's is the most convoluted.

Number of timelines are endless given the possibilities of who dies on the battle field and when. But yeah, Fodlan's is the most convoluted.

Technically yes, but someone like Mercedes dying as opposed to Byleth dying aren't really the same thing for story purposes.

Technically yes, but someone like Mercedes dying as opposed to Byleth dying aren't really the same thing for story purposes.
I know, but each and every hypothetical playthrough is indirectly canon to FE Heroes.

So, this is kind of random, but does anyone have the scan of one of the guidebooks (or whatever it was) placing Heroes alongside other mainline games?

There's also the Japanese website which lists Heroes on its timeline of released mainline games whereas it has Cipher, Warriors and TMS on the side as their spin offs https://www.nintendo.com/jp/fe/history/index.html and while it's not as definitive Masahiro Sakurai states Heroes to be FE16 and was part of his hint for Byleth being in Smash Brothers being 17 in binary so that leads credence to the idea as well that Heroes is FE16 or at least internally it is

There's also the Japanese website which lists Heroes on its timeline of released mainline games whereas it has Cipher, Warriors and TMS on the side as their spin offs https://www.nintendo.com/jp/fe/history/index.html and while it's not as definitive Masahiro Sakurai states Heroes to be FE16 and was part of his hint for Byleth being in Smash Brothers being 17 in binary so that leads credence to the idea as well that Heroes is FE16 or at least internally it is
Oh cool, thanks!

The English version of the website says the same thing (well, there's an option to convert the language to English on the website).

What about High 1-B for infinite layers of time? (I have no idea what that would be under Ultima's revisions).
That's actually a mistranslation, it's more along the lines of Gullveig existing in the past, present, and future which leads me to believe that someone at Treehouse is secretly a powerscaler trying to subtly upgrade Fire Emblem

Is it really? Do you have the Japanese line translated somewhere?

I'm going off DeepL translations, but it goes like this:
...I've been thinking.
If the witch Gurveig...
If she is a being who has aged nearly an eternity...

Indeed,
In this world of the past,
Gullveig must have existed in this past world.
Not a perfect translation, but don't see any mention of "infinite layers of time"

The thread is dead but apparently you don't need CRT to add a profile, I'll post some ability I wanted to discuss in a spoiler if anyone have the time to comment them.
I'll try to post the profile next week.

Acausality (Type 1)

Since the death of Kvasir the past, Seidr the present or Gullveig the future wouldn't affect the other two.

Curse Manipulation: (1st key only)

We know from Heidr and Seidr that the golden curse can be transmitted to the one that killed the bearer but also directly to another person as seen with the army of Gullveg.

Tied to the curse manipulation would be Corruption (Mind Manipulation?) from the scans above and transmutation (from turning Heidr into a monster.

Existance erasure: (With the Aurr powers key)​

Gullveig can erase people by bringing them to a state prior to their birth. Technically having similar powers over time, Seidr should be able to do the same, especially since in that key, Gullveig is squatting in head.

BFR:
Can send people to a different point in time.

Time stop (2nd key maybe 1st)​

In the story, their never was any instance of Time Stop except in the opening movie

So does we could consider that those that can use Time Manip, can also stop time ?

Regeneration (High-Mid)

Since we know from Gullveig that one can use their time manipulation to undo their wounds.

Resistance to Curse Manipulation : (With the Aurr powers Key)​

Since after being powered by breidablik she was cured from the curse and could never be cursed by it again.

In regard to layers :​

It was already discussed here and accepted https://vsbattles.com/threads/hax-layer-evaluation-thread.161125/ but I prefer to discuss it to be sure.

Seidr (Base) would have one layer of Time Manipulation and resistance to Time Manipulation.
Gullveig and Seidr (powered) would have two layers of Time Manipulation and resistance to it.

What was accepted :

Seidr (Base):
Time manip (1 layer): Gods of light (like Seidr) can affect people like Alfonse who resist Time manipulation from the Tempest.
Resistance to Time manip (1 layer) : Can counter time manip with her own.

Seidr (Powered)
Resistance to Time manip (2 layers) : Resist Gullveig's Time Manip.
Time manip (2 layers): equal to Gullveig's.

Gullveig
Time manip (2 layers): Can affect Base Seidr who despite her resistance was completely powerless against her.
Resistance to Time manip (2 layers): Resist Seidr's Time manip.

In regard to the Time Goddesses key​

Since it technically happens after the end of the story chapter, should we consider that key as having power exclusive from the 2nd key ?

Back