• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Setsuna tenma said:
I hope the series does not follow the Japan is best trope and make just the Japanese fighters wi
Is that even a trope?

If only Japanese fighters win, Humanity gets dumpstered, so for some reason I don't foresee this happening

@Antoniofer

Regarding Lu Bu's calculation, do you know which calc was accepted between DMUA and MR. Bambu? And which Level is accepted being it City Level or Mountain Level?

I want to start making pages for him and Thor?

Theres a good argument for Thor being tier 5 since he has the precise same feat of killing Jormungandr that the Myth Thor does. The Prose Edda is name dropped a few times and Zeus states theres only one notable difference from the myths and thats Jarngreipr, Thors gauntlets of myth.

Zeus also has the 'powers of creation' as seen in his introduction in tbe fight vs Adam.

This verse is a bit silly with how it interprets the Gods going off what we are told, truthfully, compared to how 'impressive' the actual fighting feats come off as.

Shuumat
I still dont like the fact that Heracles as an enemy. Yeah he did become a god at the end of his life. But when he was still alive, he was an ally of humanity.
But really some of the people on humanity side is not even a warrior, well if you look at FGO, anything can happen.

He is, but the other name of Beelzebub is Baal. So it might be that. And in the backstory of Adam, Satan was part of the council.

The first three are the description of Mjolnir from the Prose Edda. While the last one from when his strongest strike is described. Prose Edda is dropped two times in their fight.

RoR Mjolnir 1
RoR Mjolnir 2
RoR Mjolnir 3
RoR Thor's Strongest Blow

@PowerToScale, unfortunately I the calcs hasn't been revised yet, I putted them in the calculation revision request, so now we need to wait. I no linger calc member so I have no words about it, but I find a rectangle rather than a half cylinder more accurate.

The issue with Thor is that we do not known if Midgard Snake can round the world as the myth says (myths tend to differ between each other), and yet don't think it would be planet level.

The Prose Edda is a codified set of Nordic works however, and is explicitly the reason the wiki has Myth Thor at 5B (for killing Jormungandr), so I'd be confused to say the least it it wouldnt be reasonable to scale

@Antoniofer, I guess we just gott wait and see which calc comes out on top. I agree, I find he rectangular calc to be more accurate. I would go for Thor he high end result with Bu being Mountain level+. Considering he beat all 66 giants and on of them seemed be as big as a mountain (I could be wrong on that, gotta double check). So we have him being massively stronger than Lu Bu's strongest attack and a statement that he can shatter the earth.

Hmm, the calc being accepted is taking more time of what I though.

Btw, what would Buddha appears as a fighter? I though he was a pacifist that was looking for eternity (welp, the human real Buddha at least).

There's probably some religion out there that THINKS Buddha is a God...that or the author is putting a spin on this or is ignorant.

Not sure. As for Buddha being one of the fighters for the Gods side, seems they'll be more of a hax fighter than physical.

I believe so, he trapped him underneath a mountain for a 1000 years or something. Isn't Myth Buddha outerversal or something?

Yeah I think, Buddha and hindu gods were 1-A or something. But because they are controversial, they dont have profile.

Maybe it is his obligation as a god or maybe it would cause trouble and doesn't to fight the gods, it is easier to fight humans? Is there anything in Buddha's mythology that he doesn't like humans? Any sort of betrayal?

I still don't understand why anime keeps turning Nikola Tesla into a badass fighter guy. Is there some sort of reference that I'm not getting here?

Also, RIP to my boi Adam. At least he went out swinging.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I wonder what they're going to do for Tesla. Since Zeus took Shiva's spot, I wonder who was going to fight Zeus originally.
Zeus is gonna fight in the tournament twice, duh. Old mans gonna carry the team.

PowerToScale said:
They should of had Putin and had him ride in on a gigantic grizzly bear.
He's too busy getting isekai'd to other worlds so that he ride on every mythical beast in the land

Don't think there's an actual order, its more like: in odd matches, the human side knowns the God's fighter then choose their fighter, in even matches its the opposite; reason why Brunhilde knew about Thor being the first one (although it could have been obvious for her), and that she was looking for the one that fights Poseidon.

Everyone from the Human Side so far has been pretty damn impressive.

Lu Bu being able to split the sky with just an ordinary weapon.

Adam being a hell of a classic HtH combatant with OP copying powers even against one that went so fast the timer couldn't even register its speed lol

And Koujirou showing himself as one hell of a swordsmen with really broken mind stimulations to predict his opponents next move.

Humans have been surprising the gods let and right. Even Adam had gained the some respect from Zeus. I had a thought that the humans, if they lose, will not be killed. They would be spared thanks to what they're shown and ho strong they have become, living their lives freely and not under the infulence and fear of the gods.

Back