• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I assume things have been quiet lately because everyone is busy playing the TTYD remaster that released today?

No way, for real? That's insane, I've always thought it was never gonna happen.
Yeah, though, the reason may be a bit jarring.
It's 70 Stars, & that was doable on Wii VC, TAS'd long ago... but it can't be played back on console because of Wii input polling issues which would make the TAS's inputs deynchronize. & only Wii VC is doable because of an emulation issue for Wii VC which makes the BitFS platforms slowly rise. The way they managed to do this 70 Star Wii VC run was someone doing a RTA run. "RTA", historically, stands for "Real Time Attack".

FOUND IT after 10 years !
I just realized something, I've only ever played one mario game in my entire life and that was when I was 8 years old on Sega Genesis Mega Drive (it came with it from the shopkeeper) and that's this 😳

Mario and Paper Mario meeting in Paper Jam if it was lore accurate:
Fredbear Universe End GIF - Fredbear Universe End Fnaf GIFs

So, with sega trying to make 1 sonic canon as of recently what do you think are the odds the next time sonic and mario go to the olympic games someone is going to argue it is canon to both series and that's how mario gets low 2-C

Personally I like to think that the book Paper Mario comes from is a collection of paper-themed Mario stories based on true events, kinda like what SMB3 is implied to be only as a book instead of a play. It would explain how real world Mario has apparently gone through the events of Paper Mario 64, at least according to that one reference to its block design in Superstar Saga.

Also now that I think about it I’m kinda wondering if different Paper Mario stories are “self-contained” and not the exact same reality, as different Paper Mario games function differently in ways that kinda don’t make sense if they’re all the same reality. Like 64 and TTYD have the paper elements be almost entirely aesthetic and never get acknowledged through dialogue or lore, iirc Super is entirely 2D with multiple characters acknowledging this (also they have a ton of meta phrases like “ending your games” that clash with the first two games and have a very different vibe to the Colour Splash and Origami King meta stuff), and then the latter three games constantly acknowledge the paper theme through dialogue and stuff. Idk I’m just kinda rambling (it’s late for me and I can’t sleep) and maybe I just spouted some BS based on bad memory, but eh those are my dumb thoughts.

Iirc I asked that a while ago and peeps said no, but I do still think Baby Mario has enough stuff from Partners in Time and Spin-offs to be worth a profile
Why not a key?
Unless it's time travel making him from a timeline or something -& even then, they're very similar- couldn't Mario scale from Baby Mario anyway?

Why not a key?
Unless it's time travel making him from a timeline or something -& even then, they're very similar- couldn't Mario scale from Baby Mario anyway?
Imo it would mess up the formatting of Mario's profile and characters can have different profiles for different time periods of their life (I;e Naruto and Goku)

Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina lining up for their profiles next:

Honestly a major character we don't have a profile on yet is Cursa.
A Cursa profile would sadly have to wait until I make a crt for my Rosalina profile revision.

Also, ngl the other babys besides Mario and Luigi don't have enough to elicit interest from me personally to be profile worthy but if someone wants to make them then go ham.

A Cursa profile would sadly have to wait until I make a crt for my Rosalina profile revision.

Also, ngl the other babys besides Mario and Luigi don't have enough to elicit interest from me personally to be profile worthy but if someone wants to make them then go ham.
Rabbids in general would be good for Mario profiles, tbh. They'd probably be stronger than the Babies too.

Question: Does anyone theoretically scale to the Megabug’s Low 2-C stuff by the end of Kingdom Battle or was it not powerful enough by that point? If the latter (or if its actual strength is both quantifiable and high enough) then should the M+R original characters scale to it, as the game isn’t canon anyway?

Back