• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sups honestly wins

He has AP advantage as while Nolan should upscale from 1.034 tons, where is Superman only from 1.029 tons, he still can grow more powerful over time and has better hax

Omni-man holds skill and exp tho

I’m very surprised that omniman has the heat resistance required to not be instantly evaporated by Superman’s 3.5 million kelvin heat vision (if he does scale to the heat around a black hole, but I think later in the series that will be contracted by the Thragg sun fight). For now he does I think.

Other than that, it depends on who’s more skilled. From what I remember this Superman has like no skill feats at all. The version of Zod he had trouble with got out boxed by a scientist with no military training for example. So I’m leaning towards Omniman, especially since invincible is one of those series that has comparable people just randomly be able to shred each other like wet paper (Lucan one hit breaking Omniman’s back despite Omniman also being able to obliterate his lower body like 5 seconds earlier).

I’m very surprised that omniman has the heat resistance required to not be instantly evaporated by Superman’s 3.5 million kelvin heat vision (if he does scale to the heat around a black hole, but I think later in the series that will be contracted by the Thragg sun fight). For now he does I think.

Other than that, it depends on who’s more skilled. From what I remember this Superman has like no skill feats at all. The version of Zod he had trouble with got out boxed by a scientist with no military training for example. So I’m leaning towards Omniman, especially since invincible is one of those series that has comparable people just randomly be able to shred each other like wet paper (Lucan one hit breaking Omniman’s back despite Omniman also being able to obliterate his lower body like 5 seconds earlier).
Yes, and also he stomped Steppenwolf who had a lot of experince of leading and winning battles

Legitimately in what way. He face tanked the hit, plowed straight the guy, then lasered him. There is zero skill or intelligence required, he’s superior to steppenwolf in every physical way, of course he won.

Yeah this makes sense. Voting omni-man FRA

As the fight gains in altitude Nolan loses his chances to hurt Clark lol. If Invincible's version of the Flash could harm Nolan with kinetic energy alone, Mark can harm him, and random viltrumites can give Nolan a hard fight, sun boi stands a much higher chance.

Supes fra

As the fight gains in altitude Nolan loses his chances to hurt Clark lol. If Invincible's version of the Flash could harm Nolan with kinetic energy alone, Mark can harm him, and random viltrumites can give Nolan a hard fight, sun boi stands a much higher chance.

Supes fra
supes fra

What even are these arguments? That doesn't make any sense.
Closer to the sun = power boost. Superman was in the stratosphere where the nuke that turned him into a skin bag healed him in seconds.

The other arguments are Nolan being harmed by people weaker than him with questionable battle experience. He had his back broken by someone he could gut with his fingertips, so you only have to be comparable to harm him, not wildly stronger (in case Immortal didn't show that already.) Keep in mind, Superman's feat was done while weakened and he has a great yellow battery to give him strength.

The other arguments are Nolan being harmed by people weaker than him with questionable battle experience. He had his back broken by someone he could gut with his fingertips, so you only have to be comparable to harm him, not wildly stronger (in case Immortal didn't show that already.) Keep in mind, Superman's feat was done while weakened and he has a great yellow battery to give him strength.
I don’t see how Nolan being harmed by them downgrades him in any sense. Red rush just outright doesn't have anti feats and could only do a very minor if any bruise by repeatedly punching the same spot dozens if not hundreds or more times and breaking his hand over it.

As for his broken back, that kidna just seems to be how durability is in Invincible. It seems piercing strength of karate chops is waaaayyyy higher than their regular physical stats, same with lifting strength. Since there's a bunch of times where 2 characters appear relative in stats for one of them to either end up ripping the other apart or cutting them with a karate chop. For example

Mark was clearly taking hits from Thragg but when Thragg grabbed him, he easily ripped him in half.

I don’t see how Nolan being harmed by them downgrades him in any sense. Red rush just outright doesn't have anti feats and could only do a very minor if any bruise by repeatedly punching the same spot dozens if not hundreds or more times and breaking his hand over it.
Yes, and Superman can do the same thing being relative to the Flash in speed, but amplified by having the strength of a Kryptonian.
As for his broken back, that kidna just seems to be how durability is in Invincible. It seems piercing strength of karate chops is waaaayyyy higher than their regular physical stats, same with lifting strength. Since there's a bunch of times where 2 characters appear relative in stats for one of them to either end up ripping the other apart or cutting them with a karate chop. For example

Mark was clearly taking hits from Thragg but when Thragg grabbed him, he easily ripped him in half.
I mean, Viltrumites could make each other bleed with regular punches, and crush skulls and what not. Which is why I said "relative" is enough, considering Immortal is far weaker than an average Viltrumite (even a Viltrumite hybrid, though Immortal had better feats against Nolan than Mark.) Superman could break Zod's neck, and I don't believe Zod managed to harm him to the extent viltrumites harm each other.

His heat vision is seen as threatening compared to his physicals, since it got Faora off of him almost instantly, and sliced through Steppenwolf in the Snyder Cut. And Zod being a general, also showed high battle IQ by adapting to his new powers as he unlocked them on top of the h2h combat he was already proficient in. Doomsday was Clark's last real threat, though he had reactionary evolution and was genetically modified so I'm sure he scales far beyond the world shaping devices.

Yes, and Superman can do the same thing being relative to the Flash in speed, but amplified by having the strength of a Kryptonian.
See this is what doesn't make sense. Speed is equalized. So superman won't be able to blitz Nolan 500x before Nolan can hit him once. So he absolutely can't do what RR did. I might just be misunderstanding but it looks like you are making arguments based on speed differences when their speed is =
I mean, Viltrumites could make each other bleed with regular punches, and crush skulls and what not. Which is why I said "relative" is enough, considering Immortal is far weaker than an average Viltrumite (even a Viltrumite hybrid, though Immortal had better feats against Nolan than Mark.) Superman could break Zod's neck, and I don't believe Zod managed to harm him to the extent viltrumites harm each other.
Soooo your point is what? Most "damage" you just mentioned is just simply nose bleeds or broken lips. A little kid can give an average adult male a nosebleed with a good punch but an adult would still one shot them.

As for Viltrumite vs Viltrumite that is a bit weird because sometimes they can pummel each other with countless strikes without any actually lasting damage, and then suddenly one of the characters just punches the other guy in half. I would either chalk it up to skill (like utilizing karate chops like sharp weapons) or reactive Evolution since Viltrumites have that

See this is what doesn't make sense. Speed is equalized. So superman won't be able to blitz Nolan 500x before Nolan can hit him once. So he absolutely can't do what RR did. I might just be misunderstanding but it looks like you are making arguments based on speed differences when their speed is =
From Omni-Man's perspective, it was normal speed. For everyone else it was extremely fast. Their speed can be seen as relative to each other so in the case of equal speed, the same situation can apply 1000x over for someone who isn't an enhanced human. Once you get to the god strength characters like Immortal, it tends to be one hit sends you across the planet and then it becomes a tennis match.
Soooo your point is what? Most "damage" you just mentioned is just simply nose bleeds or broken lips. A little kid can give an average adult male a nosebleed with a good punch but an adult would still one shot them.
The point is Immortal is supposed to be weaker than Viltrumites, yet could make Nolan bleed. In S2, Mark claims to be stronger than Immortal, but doesn't have the feats against Nolan to back up his claims. A Viltrumite soldier can make Nolan bleed with a single punch. Superman is doing far worse to him with better durability, scaling with Doomsday who should be far above the feat Superman gets his feat from, and Superman himself being stronger than the scene he gets his rating from. Again, Superman also gets power from the sun very fast as shown in his Doomsday fight, so he would have the advantage.
As for Viltrumite vs Viltrumite that is a bit weird because sometimes they can pummel each other with countless strikes without any actually lasting damage, and then suddenly one of the characters just punches the other guy in half. I would either chalk it up to skill (like utilizing karate chops like sharp weapons) or reactive Evolution since Viltrumites have that
Or they just have a wider range of durability that allows them to be harmed by people that aren't necessarily equal in strength. Immortal could make Nolan bleed with punches, but couldn't even gouge his eyes out and is definitely not bisecting him with his hands. They act like glass cannons for someone relatively equal to them.

Nolan isn't getting damaged by random Viltrumites. He's getting damaged by Viltrumite veterans who were sent after him because they were capable of being a means to capturing one of the greatest Viltrumites. Lucan, the seemingly strongest of the three, cracking Nolan's back after he was worn down by fighting notable Viltrumites doesn't solidify glass cannon. The verse seems less like "glass cannon" and more like "karate chops are OP" because Viltrumites can tank each others' regular hits

The point about the Immortal damaging Nolan isn't a solid one either. That was after Nolan was weathered by fighting a suped up Hail Mary, who was solidly overpowering him and dealt the most damage to him. In fact, we see in the alternate universe that the Immortal can't even damage Nolan at all

Even if you wanna go with the that idea, Supes has to actually hit Nolan more than the other way around. I'm thinking he pulls one of his finishers a la mortal kombat. Skull crush

Voting Nolan

Last edited:
omniman winning this time? based because invincible seems like an awesome show (it’s on my to watch list) and i’m not very fond of the dceu lol

Nolan isn't getting damaged by random Viltrumites. He's getting damaged by Viltrumite veterans who were sent after him because they were capable of being a means to capturing one of the greatest Viltrumites. Lucan, the seemingly strongest of the three, cracking Nolan's back after he was worn down by fighting notable Viltrumites doesn't solidify glass cannon. The verse seems less like "glass cannon" and more like "karate chops are OP" because Viltrumites can tank each others' regular hits
Immortal made him bleed, who Mark claims to be stronger than even though he never drew Nolan's blood once. So if Immortal < inexperienced Viltrumite hybrid < Viltrumite veteran holds true, then Clark doesn't need to be anywhere near Nolan's equal to harm him despite the fact that he's his equal. I don't see how being worn down affects the strength of your spine. It's either strong enough or it isn't.
The point about the Immortal damaging Nolan isn't a solid one either. That was after Nolan was weathered by fighting a suped up Hail Mary, who was solidly overpowering him and dealt the most damage to him. In fact, we see in the alternate universe that the Immortal can't even damage Nolan at all
You are giving Nolan a lot of cop-outs considering Lucan literally broke his back while holding his organs with the other hand. Viltrumites have crazy stamina, you act like each engagement drops them from tier 6 to tier 7. He trashed Thula who was an opponent comparable to Mark, who did 0 damage to Nolan back on Earth. He fought two other veteran Viltrumites after Lucan, so downplaying Immortal harming him because Nolan was "weathered" is a terrible excuse.

Even if you wanna go with the that idea, Supes has to actually hit Nolan more than the other way around

Voting Nolan
Nolan is like 1.004 times stronger than Superman feat for feat. Not even noticeable.

Note, Superman's feat was done while weakened. The Flaxans stood no chance against Nolan. Wonder Woman cut off twice-evolved Doomsday's arm with her sword - the same sword that was being deflected by Steppenwolf's axe and armor. Superman promptly stomped him, and shattered his axe (which he no-sold) along with lasering off part of his body, so he scales comfortably above his MoS feat. With his other abilities and solar radiation Superman takes this.

Immortal made him bleed, who Mark claims to be stronger than even though he never drew Nolan's blood once. So if Immortal < inexperienced Viltrumite hybrid < Viltrumite veteran holds true, then Clark doesn't need to be anywhere near Nolan's equal to harm him despite the fact that he's his equal. I don't see how being worn down affects the strength of your spine. It's either strong enough or it isn't.
You're overlooking that Mark on and after Thraxa is implicitly much stronger than before to that point that he's said to be stronger than the Immortal even while not enraged. Don't use Mark's showings from before that. They're nowhere near this level. And being worn down can make your flesh less effective at soaking in the force
You are giving Nolan a lot of cop-outs considering Lucan literally broke his back while holding his organs with the other hand. Viltrumites have crazy stamina, you act like each engagement drops them from tier 6 to tier 7. He trashed Thula who was an opponent comparable to Mark, who did 0 damage to Nolan back on Earth. He fought two other veteran Viltrumites after Lucan, so downplaying Immortal harming him because Nolan was "weathered" is a terrible excuse.
Lucan did it while leveraging his strength with a flying charge. I don't think him holding in his intestines factors in there. And stop comparing enraged Mark on Earth to enraged Mark on Thraxa. There's a drastic difference in strength. I'm not even trying to downplay Immortal either. I'm just giving reasons as to why Nolan gets blood drawn compared to when fresh as shown in episode 1 of season 2. The Immortal is shown clashing with Nolan in episode 8 yet in season 2 episode 1 he gets no-diffed and effortlessly torn apart

Last edited:
Lucan did it while leveraging his strength with a flying charge. I don't think him holding in his intestines factors in there.
I think logic dictates that actively preventing yourself from being disemboweled has a great effect on your capacity to fight. Especially when almost losing said organs was what caused him to be knocked out in the first place.
And stop comparing enraged Mark on Earth to enraged Mark on Thraxa. There's a drastic difference in strength. I'm not even trying to downplay Immortal either. I'm just giving reasons as to why Nolan gets blood drawn as compared to when fresh as demonstrated in episode 1 of season 2.
This is the same as your first point so I'll respond here.

Lucan was pushing Mark down into the planet with a finger, and he's relative to Nolan. With your excuse about how Immortal harmed Nolan because he was weathered, Nolan got beat up by both the Kaiju and Immortal and still neg-diffed Mark. Mark's claim about being stronger has yet to be proven, but is only supported by "beating" the weakest of the Viltrumite trio in a hard fight who was repeatedly swatted by Nolan. Which doesn't really help him at all considering Thula never harmed Nolan.

And even if Mark is stronger, that would mean he's capable of harming Nolan who would stomp him regardless if he got serious. Just look at what Anissa did to him. Superman has 4 levels of scaling beyond his weakened feat. If we take Nolan's statement calling Lucan weak at face-value, he's not treating Superman the same way.
The Immortal is shown clashing with Nolan in episode 8 yet in season 2 episode 1 he gets effortlessly gored
Different universe.

Lucan was pushing Mark down into the planet with a finger, and he's relative to Nolan. With your excuse about how Immortal harmed Nolan because he was weathered, Nolan got beat up by both the Kaiju and Immortal and still neg-diffed Mark.
Weaker. Mark. Stop using that showing for Viltrumite scaling. Mark at that point has nothing that puts him anywhere near that level. He has literally nothing to do with it
Mark's claim about being stronger has yet to be proven, but is only supported by "beating" the weakest of the Viltrumite trio in a hard fight who was repeatedly swatted by Nolan. Which doesn't really help him at all considering Thula never harmed Nolan.
Yes, because the Immortal's concession to that claim is not enough. And apparently the implicit weight of that claim in the very dire situation the cast was facing isn't enough either. Also, there's a difference between not being WoG and straight up lying
Different universe.
I don't see how that should really affect anyone other than Mark who is very different across universes

Weaker. Mark. Stop using that showing for Viltrumite scaling. Mark at that point has nothing that puts him anywhere near that level
The point of the matter is Nolan has been brutalized by people weaker than him. 99% of the damage he sustained when fighting the Guardians was from Immortal and off-brand Wonder Woman. You haven't addressed any of Superman's scaling over his original feat. You haven't addressed Superman receiving power and accelerated healing from the sun. His lifting strength is roughly 5x higher. His heat vision can still be used as concussive force.

The only legit argument I've seen so far is skill and experience. Superman beat Steppenwolf who fought the Greek Pantheon and the experience that comes with conquering 100,000 worlds, and Zod. Nolan isn't some genius tactical fighter, and he doesn't have any quantifiable experience anywhere close to Steppenwolf's.
Yes, because the Immortal's concession to that claim is not enough. There's a difference between not being WoG and straight up lying
Show me the feats that are more impressive than Immortal's and I'll let you have it. It wouldn't affect my argument in the slightest though; I can do without it.
I don't see how that should really affect anyone other than Mark who is very different across universes
Because it wasn't effortless either of the two times they fought. Each time, Immortal drew blood.

Show me the feats that are more impressive than Immortal's and I'll let you have it. It wouldn't affect my argument in the slightest though; I can do without it.
Why is it absolutely necessary? The show is making it clear at that point that Mark is stronger than the Immortal. I don't see why you keep putting the burden of proving it on what you're trying to argue. I'm not even gonna continue this point

Why is it absolutely necessary? The show is making it clear at that point that Mark is stronger than the Immortal. "Muh feats" is just cognitive dissonance
Lol because Mark was only on par with the weakest full-blooded Viltrumite that did 0 damage to Nolan, therefore Immortal is still the only person we can safely compare Mark to. Mark = Thula < Vidor < Lucan < (Anissa somewhere in here) =< Nolan.
Once Nolan broke out of Martian Man's hold, he promptly put a hole in the Immortal. I'm not doubting him drawing blood and doing most of the damage alongside War Woman, but it was certainly not difficult to gore the both of them
Agreed, but it was definitely his hardest fight. Nolan had his back broken but he was still conscious. War Woman and Immortal are largely responsible for making him just as bloody and comatose.

Lol because Mark was only on par with the weakest full-blooded Viltrumite that did 0 damage to Nolan, therefore Immortal is still the only person we can safely compare Mark to. Mark = Thula < Vidor < Lucan < (Anissa somewhere in here) =< Nolan.
You're forgetting that Mark with a rage amp and without are very different. Even with the Immortal as base Mark's point of comparison, there's still some good scaling. Immortal is around base Mark's ballpark, while Mark makes a huge jump with rage power. Immortal <<<<< Enraged Mark = Thula < Vidor < Lucan < Nolan. I'm not sure about Anissa but I don't disagree with scaling her there, though I still excluded her

What exactly is Superman's scaling? I only know that it's roughly: Weakened Supes ~ Zod < Doomsday Initially < Peak Doomsday < Steppenwolf <<<<< Full Power Supes

You're forgetting that Mark with a rage amp and without are very different. Even with the Immortal as base Mark's point of comparison, there's still some good scaling. Immortal is around base Mark's ballpark, while Mark makes a huge jump with rage power. Immortal <<<<< Enraged Mark = Thula < Vidor < Lucan < Nolan. I'm not sure about Anissa but I don't disagree with scaling her there, though I still excluded her
Enraged Mark being above Immortal implies he could get a drop of blood from Nolan. Anissa let Mark build up a punch while crossing the ocean and it did nothing to her. Battle Beast also immediately one-shot enraged Mark.

That's still multiple levels of scaling below Nolan that's capable of dealing severe damage to him even if we go with that.

Enraged Mark being above Immortal implies he could get a drop of blood from Nolan. Anissa let Mark build up a punch while crossing the ocean and it did nothing to her. Battle Beast also immediately one-shot enraged Mark.
Anissa tanked a built up punch from Mark while he wasn't fueled by his rage. We already know that Mark's rage makes him a lot stronger, and that that matters greatly in season 2. And again with the season 1 Mark stuff. Not that Battle Beast wouldn't also thrash season 2 Mark, but c'mon. There's no point in mentioning Mark when he was comparatively fodder even while enraged
That's still multiple levels of scaling below Nolan that's capable of dealing severe damage to him even if we go with that.
Well then we consider inconsistencies and go by what the show currently thinks, which is that base Mark is vaguely above Immortal level and the Viltrumites are significantly above, a threshold that Mark is at while enraged

Anissa tanked a built up punch from Mark while he wasn't fueled by his rage. We already know that Mark's rage makes him a lot stronger, and that that matters greatly in season 2. And again with the season 1 Mark stuff. Not that Battle Beast wouldn't also thrash season 2 Mark, but c'mon. There's no point in mentioning Mark when he was comparatively fodder even while enraged
You think enraged Mark can harm Anissa, when the Viltrumites that can fight Nolan push Mark into the ground with a finger? I don't believe any amount of rage is closing that gap for the foreseeable future.
Well then we consider inconsistencies and go by what the show currently thinks, which is that base Mark is Immortal level and the Viltrumites are significantly above, a threshold that Mark is at while enraged
So if we graciously say that Mark is half as strong as Nolan and can therefore harm him, and Superman can no-sell someone who scales beyond Wonder Woman who could slice Doomsday's arm off with her sword who is >>>>>>>>>>>> MoS Superman....Superman mid-diff? :unsure:

Back