• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do we not use Stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told in my recent thread that we don't use stats to calc anymore. Why not?! For some Pokémon (like the one I was calcing the speed of) that's kind of the only way to determine their speed,power,durability,etc (in this case Speed). Why can't we use stats to scale anymore?!

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:

If I recall Correctly.

Also, using stats for calcs imo is pretty weird since stats are hardly consistent to anime/manga/dex feats.

What everyone has said so far. Going by game mechanics, Pikachu is a universe buster and Yamcha can beat both Beerus and Whis at once.

Master of Luck said:
What everyone has said so far. Going by game mechanics, Pikachu is a universe buster and Yamcha can beat both Beerus and Whis at once.
And that's why we don't use Game Mechanics everyone. But I was using Base Stats, not them going into battle and having my Pikachu 2HKO an Arceus.

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
Master of Luck said:
And that's why we don't use Game Mechanics everyone. But I was using Base Stats, not them going into battle and having my Pikachu 2HKO an Arceus.

It wont be consistent at all. That would imply Alakazam is a Multiverse buster and has Sub-Relativistic speeds for having comparable Sp.Attack/Speed than Arceus.

It wont be consistent at all. That would imply Alakazam is a Multiverse buster and has Sub-Relativistic speeds for having comparable Sp.Attack/Speed than Arceus.

I forfeit stats then. Even though it wouldn't make these Pokémon Stronger, if we calc off of Garchomp, Arceus gets weaker. But that's besides the point. I give up my argument for stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back