• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref

Spoilers but in the recent chapter it was shown Zeref's immortality and death abilites can be overcome with enough sheer power. Though I'm wondering is this merely due to the Dragon Power or do you think it applies to anyone with sufficient strength?

It was shown that his death wave can be burned by Natsu. However Zeref wasn't even trying as he was using casual explosion/bullet something magic mostly instead of death wave.

He also was damaged ,but I think if that were true he would use someonle like Brandish to kill him (not size shifting him but for example changing leaf that were put in his head into giant freaking mountain or something like that). I think is more related to the speculation of Zeref that he could die after beeing hit again with "power from dead " of Igneel. We should wait for more information (however we could add At least City Level for Natsu Dragon King Mode (as he damaged Zeref - At least City level comes for that Mard Geer had to invent MM in order to kill Zeref (coz Mard sheer power was around City Level) and Change zeref Tier from unknown , 7-b with creations to At least Low 7-B himself (as he damaged Natsu), 7-B with creations). Zeref also said in his retrospection with Mavis that he can live after decapication (so likely after fragmentation, immolation or even disintegration too as he had tools to cause that effects) . I think his immoratlity can be bypassed by love (as he killed Mavis, because she loved him and he loved her), and I speculate that condradictionary curse is working illogicaly- it will cause pain and despair to Zeref even if it have to contradict itself. So it could mean that Zeref will die when he accept his life and become friend with his brother, also he is his family so other person he loved.

Czuczian11 said:
I think his immoratlity can be bypassed by love (as he killed Mavis, because she loved him and he loved her), and I speculate that condradictionary curse is working illogicaly- it will cause pain and despair to Zeref even if it have to contradict itself. So it could mean that Zeref will die when he accept his life and become friend with his brother, also he is his family so other person he loved.
Nakama power lol

Well we know it anyways; the thread was created for other reason (sorry if i started pointless and oblivious-to- happen comments). Do you think Zeref potentiality of beeing killed is just his speculation, reasoned by Natsu sheer power or special type of his abilities.

Faisal Shourov said:
Oblivion00 said:
Nakama power will always triumph.
Nakama power cures blindness! Only in Fairy Tail :v
Yup that was the worst piece of writing I have ever seen in the many series I have ever read. The fact her friendship can make her berak the laws of anything is just horrible plot armor, I laugh when people call it badass

Also I think Zeref would "die" if he was blown to bit's or disentegrated, he has not yet shown Regenerationn and immortality without Regenerationn or immunity Immortality is pointless really he'd end up like Hidan or worse

Should Zeref really have type four immortality? hes making it worthless.. if only a god of higher status can override it than he either shouldn't have it or Natsu is above a god..

LordAizenSama said:
Should Zeref really have type four immortality? hes making it worthless.. if only a god of higher status can override it than he either shouldn't have it or Natsu is above a god..
Except that what one calls a God varies, like Kaio-Sama and Kami-Sama both are gods but are far outclassed by mortals. This god that cursed Zeref could very well just be a bad spirit worshipped by the people of that time, the God that Natsu faced was a joke, so it's probably the same. So yes in a sense Natsu is above a god but not a high class deity type god

yeah, but as you said fairy tail has different (pitifully weak) versions of (gods) and our wiki has much higher standards for tier 4 immortality. I think anyway, I'm not quite sure how type 4 works would be nice if someone could clear that up for me

It's a type of immortality mainly for gods it's pretty rare that a character is given actual godly immortality sometimes gods just give characters type 1 immortality longevity.For example like Hades.A character other than a God/Celestial being shouldn't be able to pose a threat to your life even with by bypassing your conventional durability or even striking your soul from what I understood.

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
It's a type of immortality mainly for gods it's pretty rare that a character is given actual godly immortality sometimes gods just give characters type 1 immortality longevity.For example like Hades.A character other than a God/Celestial being shouldn't be able to pose a threat to your life even with by bypassing your conventional durability or even striking your soul from what I understood.
yeah that is what I thought, He got given type 1 immortality and 2 I guess?

CHILLVIBEZZ said:
Pretty sure that's what Zeref has, and even then he's only claimed that beheading won't work, we haven't seen proof...plus as I said how would he survive without a body plus no Regenerationn?

Well I said type 1 because that's what I got from the recent ft chapters.Mavis had the same immortality he did yet she almost died from his death magic which kills living beings apparently.

@Darklord "God" is a pretty loose term and doesn't mean much by itself, when we're saying gods we are talking deities gods, or beings that were granted that protection from that level of gods. considering how zeref thought he would die from natsu.. yeah he doesn't have type 4 immortality, and by extension mavis doesn't either..

there is no indication for any god to be invovled. just a not nearly described type of immortality. we dont even know how his Regenerationn works. i doubt its as potent as Regenerationn from other immortality users

Well we still don't see the outocme of Zeref injuries. Well Yakuma Gods in FT were shown as just elite summons right now. There is nowhere stated that Ankhseram is one of Yakuma. Religion is weird topic in Ft anyways they have catholic (at least looking like one) cathedrals but their gods are Yakuma (rather oriental ones) and Egypt based (from name) Ankhseram.Well we can discuss about it as now Zeref shown only high (relatively) durability and Immortality Type 1 + claimed that he have Type 2 (both granted from deity so it could mean Type 4) Easiest way is to change his (and Mavis) immortality from 4 to 1,2 and potentialy 4 (maybe with note it could be removed by yet unknown means)

Zeref has type 4 immortality, and by extension type 1 immortality also. The terms of immortality given to Zeref by Ankseram aren't absolute, for example, the dead can bypass the contradictory curse. Which is why Natsu could hurt Zeref with Igneels power. Sigh, the only reason i read FT these days is because iv'e sunk so much time into the series.

Well it depends on definition . Zeref might have one but he didn't shown any feat that would show it is more than Type 1 + high durability . However it is stated that it comes form god (it is unknown it is their GOD o just lesser god) and also indicated that he have type 2 too. It is shown that he can take damage if magic used against him comes fom someone already dead and indicated that he can be eradicated. It is unknown he could die - he just said that could happen. If definition means "given by god" only it means he have it. If it means "given and taken by god only" it is implied that he haven't this kind of durability. However it should be noted that he is "more immortal" than any other Immortal in Fairy Tail (with exception of Ankhseram and possibly Acnologia)

I also find no problem with Zeref having (currently as everything can change (not in my opinion but in actual facts in manga)) Type 1+2 witout 4. I find it also stange that i think the same, because I am actually a fan of FT and i don't find the storytelling that bad (as in other works it also happened in even greater scale). However i would like to wait for staff opinion before any change happens.

I agree that type 1 and 2 are obvious, but type 4 is more uncertain. He was apparently cursed immortal by some form of deity, but the power of sufficiently powerful dragons seem able to overcome it.

^which is the reasoning for it to be removed,(if it hasn't already i dunno) the description of "only gods can override it" doesn't fit that scenario where he thought natsu could kill him

I slightly modified the Immortality description instead. The old one did not quite seem to make sense, as a being of greater power than the god in question should be able to override the bestowed immortality, regardless whether or not it is a god itself.

Antvasima said:
I slightly modified the Immortality description instead. The old one did not quite seem to make sense, as a being of greater power than the god in question should be able to override the bestowed immortality, regardless whether or not it is a god itself.
Sometimes the fairy tale verse has a good bit of PS.

Plot Stupidity

True enough. It is supposed to be a mostly friendly and harmless children's series after all.

Well, remember that it is intended to be a manga for 8-12 year olds.

Well, maybe older, if you count the fanservice...

Well, the reason why we may start to shake our heads is that we are more cynical than what the manga is aiming for. It is trying to be kind and inspirational, not mean and depressing.

Back