• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball AP, sad downgrade (Raditz/Saiyan/Namek Saga Tiers only)

How are you sure about that? If they were the same then how come Goku didn't just say "Kaio-ken" over "Kaio-ken x2" after using base Kaio-ken?

image doesn't work

also what stops normal Kaioken to not multiply by 2 times? all that Goku says in the scan you posted earlier is that he can boost himself by 2 times with kaioken......what is the proof he wasn't talking about 2x Kaioken already?

The confusion is reasonable though, because KK and x2 seem to be different forms yet KK already doubles power.
The reason behind this is just that the writers didn't put much thought into it (something I suspect happens a lot more which cause us to take this to face value which were likely mistakes, but I digress.)
I think we needn't stretch this thread longer.

Goku in the fight against King Piccolo had a Power level of 260, hypothetically he can transform into an Oozaru which boosts him to 2,600, that's over Raditz and Gohan...downscaling from Raditz/Gohan's current value (305.677822299 Yottatons) by 1/10th for Goku's base of it and we get 30.5677822299 Yottatons, that's Large Planet level.
Hypothetically speaking, what stops Raditz from transforming into an Oozaru with a PL of 15,000? We can go all day with what if's?

You cannot used a what if or hypothetical scenario to downgrade.

Oh but it gets worse, Goku during the 22nd Budokai has a Battle Power of 180, multiply that by 10x via Oozaru and we get 1800, AGAIN over Raditz and Gohan, meaning base Goku at this time is 30.5677822299 Yottatons.

This is obviously goes against the consistent moon feats these characters are touted to be in many times, (also Oozaru Pilaf Saga Goku has a BP of 100 meanwhile 22nd budokai is 180, take that as you will lmao) therefore BP should only be used to place one character over the other, specifically if that's shown to be the case and not with any hypotheticals.
No, it does not. It is consistent. You cannot use hypothetical scaling to downgrade something that currently works great.

At this point, there should be a Discussion Rule about Multipliers. We get a multiplier, AP Upgrade, or Downgrade thread every couple of months.

Hypothetically speaking, what stops Raditz from transforming into an Oozaru with a PL of 15,000? We can go all day with what if's?

You cannot used a what if or hypothetical scenario to downgrade.
Ok but this thread aims at removing hypotheticals from the scaling entirely with the examples used, if hypothetical multipliers break the scaling then they shouldn't be used
At this point, there should be a Discussion Rule about Multipliers. We get a multiplier, AP Upgrade, or Downgrade thread every couple of months.
Every AP thread has something new to offer with multipliers, whether it be re-justifying old ones, bringing in new ones, or removing past ones, it's not just one multiplier discussed throughout all of these threads

Ok but this thread aims at removing hypotheticals from the scaling entirely with the examples used, if hypothetical multipliers break the scaling then they shouldn't be used

Every AP thread has something new to offer with multipliers, whether it be re-justifying old ones, bringing in new ones, or removing past ones, it's not just one multiplier discussed throughout all of these threads
This thread already passed, you can apply it already

This thread already passed, you can apply it already
Well we have 3 mods that agree with the downgrading (Damage, DDM and Maverick Zero), and 3 mods for the average planet level calc (KingTemp, DDM and Maverick Zero) so yeah I guess we can apply it.

Someone else will have to update the profiles though since I'm busy for today and tomorrow, unless you guys are fine with me applying it much later. I can change the blog rn tho

Well we have 3 mods that agree with the downgrading (Damage, DDM and Maverick Zero), and 3 mods for the average planet level calc (KingTemp, DDM and Maverick Zero) so yeah I guess we can apply it.

Someone else will have to update the profiles though since I'm busy for today and tomorrow, unless you guys are fine with me applying it much later. I can change the blog rn tho
Change the blog, we can work from there

I'll also update Vegeta's profile myself, but a heads up for anyone who wants to work on Goku:
For Saiyan Saga, remove "1/10th of his Namek Saga self" and add "1/3rd of his Kaio-ken x3 self"

I decided to calculate Planet Vegeta's destruction, adjusting for the size of the planet, and I got 1.5485826595748609124548878250904797988715e+40 J (High 5-A+), this is over 18 times the current amount we go by

Just to ask though, what do you think of these keys?

Key: Beginning of Saiyan Arc | Post-North Kai training | Ginyu Fight | Frieza Fight | Beginning of Cell Arc | Post-Room of Spirit and Time Training | Buu Arc

Just make sure to tell @GarrixianXD when you're done
Oh I was done a while ago, Goku's profile can be locked now, Piccolo already got his locked
Just to ask though, what do you think of these keys?

Key: Beginning of Saiyan Arc | Post-North Kai training | Ginyu Fight | Frieza Fight | Beginning of Cell Arc | Post-Room of Spirit and Time Training | Buu Arc
The current keys we have and these ones both work, can't decide which is better sorry

Back