• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terraria Discussion thread #2: Journey's end

You pretty much summed up why it’s inconsistent.

Again, would help if someone just asks them somehow.

It ain’t to big of a problem anyways, since people just equalize speed regardless on matches.
It's not inconsistent, Terraria just has different physics from real life
Terraria weapons are just slower than how they are in real life
The Terraria island is just small, or well, it isn't small since it's hundreds of feats wide

As far as I remember, in terraria we don't have things in 1 block = 1 meter like in minecraft, so it doesn't even matter.

And we didn't even walk all over the world. We only walk a part of it and there is still the background world part. Unless you wanted to say that the planet of terraria is very small, flat not being round and is 2D having no depth.

Also, the tooltip for one of the fastest arrows in the game the Luminite Arrow is implied to go at the speed of sound. The speedmeter serves to show at least the real speed of the player, so that's it.
1 block = 2 feet.

Not what I meant.
Then be clearer in what you mean.
You said you aren't sure if the speedometer was a quirky mechanic and if it was accurate, I told you it was. Accurate in the sense of "blocks are a known size so I calculated how many blocks per second the Terrarian can move and translated it to mph, the game's speedometer is accurate".

You brought up the fact that the Terrarian can cross from one side of the world to the other, the only real explanation (which Phs already mentioned) is that you only walk on a small island part of the planet, which makes sense since you're bounded by Ocean on either side.

Last edited:
I have defeated Moon Lord on Legendary mode Get Fixed Boi Seed with pre Moon Lord summoner gear only.

If you don't like summoner, you are not good at the game.

Hating summoners is a skill issue, it is the most fun class.

I could do what you did with ranger gear as well. Your achievement is not an achievement. Summoner is dogshit.
Ranger is easy mode. It's not a challenge, it's a class for *******.

You can't do what I do because you have skill issues.

Try grabbing a real weapon like summoner items next time you baby.

"Wah wah achktually ranger is for ******* and uh uh summoner is best!!!!!" - 🤡
You are literally playing on easy mode

Summoners are macho men that have to get close

Rangers get away from the screen, outrange the bosses and fly away like *******

Every class has to get close to a boss dumbass 🤡
Don't tell me that you as a ranger haven't figured out how to attack bosses while they're outside of your screen?

I can't comprehend how you can say Rangers have to get as close to bosses as summoners and melee players, range is literally in their name.

Summoner and melee players literally have items that shoot projectiles, most hard mode melee weapons shoot projectiles, wtf are you talking about.......

Summoner and melee players literally have items that shoot projectiles, most hard mode melee weapons shoot projectiles, wtf are you talking about.......
Bosses have to be in your screen or else summons will teleport to you.

Melee in pre hardmode is more centered towards close quarter combat but even in hardmode they struggle to attack from a distance since their proyectiles disappear after a certain short distance or their proyectiles fall to the floor. Melee can't hit reliably at a long distance so even in hardmode they have to risk getting close to get better damage.

You're coping. Just accept that Ranger is an easier class than the others and move on.

Just downloaded terraria a few days ago, and managed to finish calamity mod revengence mode melee, ranger, and mage only run.

Time for the summoner shit. I hope it's actually not shit like before.

Bosses have to be in your screen or else summons will teleport to you.
The screen in terraria is large lol, you can still range spam a boss and still have it be in the screen.
Melee in pre hardmode is more centered towards close quarter combat but even in hardmode they struggle to attack from a distance since their proyectiles disappear after a certain short distance or their proyectiles fall to the floor. Melee can't hit reliably at a long distance so even in hardmode they have to risk getting close to get better damage.
Rangers don't always reliably hit at a long distance to. Any boss that's actually difficult is constantly dashing through the screen, making it impossible to get to a range, especially when you play with mods. This is the same for any other class.
You're coping. Just accept that Ranger is an easier class than the others and move on.
I'm not coping, I'm just saying the fax that you can't accept. Summoner is bad, move on.

Just downloaded terraria a few days ago, and managed to finish calamity mod revengence mode melee, ranger, and mage only run.

Time for the summoner shit. I hope it's actually not shit like before.
Vanilla Summoner is actually really fun and enjoyable. It's the most enjoyable class thanks to whips and the buffs to the summoner class.

Vanilla Summoner is actually really fun and enjoyable. It's the most enjoyable class thanks to whips and the buffs to the summoner class.
I've heard. I saw some vids on it, and it genuinely did seem fun. The whips were cool, too.

I've also seen some really interesting damage. Saw some dude kill Empress of light in daytime in like less than a minute via summoner.

The screen in terraria is large lol, you can still range spam a boss and still have it be in the screen.
You might be the only ranger I know that fights bosses while they're on your screen. Most of all the other rangers I see attack bosses from a long distance. Because you personally don't do that it doesn't mean others can't do that.
Rangers don't always reliably hit at a long distance to.
Either you are being disingenuous on purpose in a sad attempt to troll or you are too stupid to understand how a machine gun that shoots dozens of bullets per second that are fast as hell and has bullets that don't despawn after crossing a certain distance is way more reliable at hitting enemies from a distance than proyectiles that despawn, are slower, shoot in a loop, and are shot at slower rates like Melee proyectiles.

That and for summoners, like I said, summons teleport to you if you get too far away from the bosses.

Honestly I am starting to doubt if you have even played classes that aren't ranger. You are straight up wrong about lots of things that you would know if you played other classes more.
Any boss that's actually difficult is constantly dashing through the screen, making it impossible to get to a range, especially when you play with mods. This is the same for any other class.
I am starting to doubt if you're even good at the game. How are you as a Ranger incapable of finding ways to distance yourself from bosses? You can outrun them, outflight them, outrun/outfly them with mounts or use gravitation potions. Maybe you have serious skill issues.

You can't play all 4 different classes and end up thinking that they have the same range nor that they're the same.
What buffs did they give summoner?
The fact that you're asking me this question further proves my theory that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

But I feel nice today so I will explain you the buffs.
  • They gave whips to summoners
  • Summoners can whipstack
  • They gave summoners new and smarter minions
  • Summons gained better invulnerability frames
  • Summoner class received better items and got their weapons buffed

I've heard. I saw some vids on it, and it genuinely did seem fun. The whips were cool, too.

I've also seen some really interesting damage. Saw some dude kill Empress of light in daytime in like less than a minute via summoner.
It is really fun. It is a mixture of high risk and high reward. Do you get close to get better damage or do you try to get away and get worse damage? Whips made summoner a class that focuses on skill and dodging abilities. It's fun as hell.

You might be the only ranger I know that fights bosses while they're on your screen.
Good for me, I guess?
Either you are being disingenuous on purpose in a sad attempt to troll or you are too stupid to understand how a machine gun that shoots dozens of bullets per second that are fast as hell and has bullets that don't despawn after crossing a certain distance is way more reliable at hitting enemies from a distance than proyectiles that despawn, are slower, shoot in a loop, and are shot at slower rates like Melee proyectiles.
I'm not trolling or being disingenuous I'm speaking from how I've played the game, if you don't want to see it from my perspective then at the very least don't be condescending about it just because I happen to have played the game differently than you.
I am starting to doubt if you're even good at the game. How are you as a Ranger incapable of finding ways to distance yourself from bosses? You can outrun them, outflight them, outrun/outfly them with mounts or use gravitation potions. Maybe you have serious skill issues.
You can't outrun most bosses, they fly fast as well so they catch up quickly, and most mounts are to slow to reliably get out of the screen. I admittedly didn't think of using gravitation potions, though.
The fact that you're asking me this question further proves my theory that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Can you stop being a dick??? Jesus Christ.

Good for me, I guess?

I'm not trolling or being disingenuous I'm speaking from how I've played the game, if you don't want to see it from my perspective then at the very least don't be condescending about it just because I happen to have played the game differently than you.
You don't seem to know as much about the game as I do. Yet you still do wrongful claims.
You can't outrun most bosses, they fly fast as well so they catch up quickly, and most mounts are to slow to reliably get out of the screen. I admittedly didn't think of using gravitation potions, though.
King Slime - Can be outrunned with hermes boots
Eye of Cthulhu - Can be outrunned with hermes boots and gravitation potions
Brain of Cthulhu - Can't be outrunned
Eater of worlds - You can literally grab rope and outrange him or make your platforms high and outrange him
Queen Bee - Can't be outrunned
Skeletron - Can be outrunned with hermes boots, gravitation potions and minecarts
Wall of flesh - Can be outrunned with hermes boots and a good mount like the horse mount or the tennis cart mount
Queen Slime - Can be outmanouvered with gravitation potions, Goat/Unicorn mount, a minecart and the flying dutchman
The Twins & Skeletron prime - Can be outmanouvered with gravitation potions, Unicorn mount and minecarts
The Destroyer - Can be outmanouvered with gravitation potions, unicorn mounts, minecarts and by literally just making a platform so high that he can't reach it
Plantera - Can be outmanouvered with just wings, a large arena and going in circles and a giant hole for the second form
Golem - Literally the easiest boss in the game, a large arena and flight is enough to outmanouver him and outrange him
Empress of light - Can't be outrunned
Duke Fishron - The unicorn mount and gravitation potions can easily outrange and outrun an enraged duke fishron
Lunatic Cultist - He doesn't follow you so you can easily outrange him by running
Moon Lord - He can be outrunned with asphalt blocks/unicorn mount/infinite flight mounts and wings

You are just straight up wrong.

You don't seem to know as much about the game as I do. Yet you still do wrongful claims.

Never seen anyone use gravitation potion for EoC, don't think it's ever worth to do that unless you have like 100 hp max and no equipments or smth. As for hermes boots, that completely depnds on if It's Expert or not. If it's expert, good luck ever outrunning that mf with a non-upgraded hermes boots. You can outmaneuver him by timing his dashes, sure, but outrunning him with hermes boots alone like you'd outrun other bosses with mounts/maxed out hermes boots + swiftness and other shit? No.
Skeletron - Can be outrunned with hermes boots, gravitation potions and minecarts
Who tf uses Minecarts and Gravitation potions against Skeletron??? Minecarts against skeletron??? Dude, are you playing on Master Mode^2 or smth? Though, Bottle + Hermes boots alone is enough tbh, but Minecraft and gravitation potions are just an overkill.

Everything else is correct, though.

King Slime is easy.
He can't be outrun in Expert Mode.
Eater of worlds - You can literally grab rope and outrange him or make your platforms high and outrange him
Eater of Worlds is easy.
Skeletron is easy.
Wall of flesh - Can be outrunned with hermes boots and a good mount like the horse mount or the tennis cart mount
Wall of Flesh travels in a straight line.
Queen Slime - Can be outmanouvered with gravitation potions, Goat/Unicorn mount, a minecart and the flying dutchman
Another slime boss, easy.
The Twins & Skeletron prime - Can be outmanouvered with gravitation potions, Unicorn mount and minecarts
Neither Twins or Skeletron Prime have reliable ranged options which makes outmaneuvering necessary.
The Destroyer - Can be outmanouvered with gravitation potions, unicorn mounts, minecarts and by literally just making a platform so high that he can't reach it
Fair, I'd suppose.
Plantera - Can be outmanouvered with just wings, a large arena and going in circles and a giant hole for the second form
Plantera also doesn't have reliable ranged options which makes this necessary. People who find it necessary to outrun Plantera have a skill issue.
Golem - Literally the easiest boss in the game, a large arena and flight is enough to outmanouver him and outrange him
As you said, Golem is easy.
Duke Fishron - The unicorn mount and gravitation potions can easily outrange and outrun an enraged duke fishron
Fair enough.
Lunatic Cultist - He doesn't follow you so you can easily outrange him by running
You don't need to outrun the cultist.
He can be outrunned with asphalt blocks/unicorn mount/infinite flight mounts and wings
Read Above.
You are just straight up wrong.
No.

I kinda feel at this point I'm honestly playing the game harder on purpose without knowing it. Who needs to OUTRUN half these bosses?

I kinda feel at this point I'm honestly playing the game harder on purpose without knowing it. Who needs to OUTRUN half these bosses?
No one. The only time I'd think you want to do that is if you are running Calamity with death/malice mode or smth. Otherwise, there isn't even a need to outrun those mfs.

Never seen anyone use gravitation potion for EoC, don't think it's ever worth to do that unless you have like 100 hp max and no equipments or smth.
I listed Gravitation potions because they're obtainable pre-boss and make the eye of cthulhu's fight a breeze.
As for hermes boots, that completely depnds on if It's Expert or not. If it's expert, good luck ever outrunning that mf with a non-upgraded hermes boots. You can outmaneuver him by timing his dashes, sure, but outrunning him with hermes boots alone like you'd outrun other bosses with mounts/maxed out hermes boots + swiftness and other shit? No.
He can't be outrun in Expert Mode.
Blatantly wrong, Hermes boots + Swiftness potions is enough to outrun EOC. Minecarts, Horse mounts, sunflowers and lightning boots are overkill. Watch this video.

This youtuber easily outran the master mode eye of cthulhu just by running side to side.
Who tf uses Minecarts and Gravitation potions against Skeletron??? Minecarts against skeletron??? Dude, are you playing on Master Mode^2 or smth? Though, Bottle + Hermes boots alone is enough tbh, but Minecraft and gravitation potions are just an overkill.
Against Skeletron I used 4 rows of platforms with a slime mount and I easily managed to beat him up in the legendary mode get fixed boi seed with just summoner gear. You're right about minecarts and gravitation potions being overkill but that just proves my point even more.
Wall of Flesh travels in a straight line.
And? My point still stands, you said.
Yet most Terraria bosses can be outrunned.
Neither Twins or Skeletron Prime have reliable ranged options which makes outmaneuvering necessary.
The Twins and Skeletron Prime are slower than minecarts, gravitation potions, simply running to side to side with good mobility accessories and the goat mount/unicorn mount. You are just blatantly wrong.

This same strategy can be used on Skeletron prime. He's slower than the goat mount.
https://youtube.com/shorts/D5UgpB3g68g?feature=share
He also has other ways of being outranged easily.

Using the same strategy as this guy and having longer platforms + being better at turning around makes the Skeletron Prime fight a breeze just by outrunning him and shooting him at a distance.
Plantera also doesn't have reliable ranged options which makes this necessary. People who find it necessary to outrun Plantera have a skill issue.
Rangers can just move in circles around her and dodge her. Then just fly through a hole while shooting her. Plantera is easy, I even defeated her with summoner gear on Get Fixed Boi + Legendary mode without the need to distance myself a lot from her.
Read Above.

No.
You literally admitted that most of the bosses are easy or that they can be easily outmanouvered. You're the one who's wrong.
Let me quote you on what you where wrong again in case you forgot.
You can't outrun most bosses, they fly fast as well so they catch up quickly, and most mounts are to slow to reliably get out of the screen.

You literally admitted that most of the bosses are easy or that they can be easily outmanouvered. You're the one who's wrong.
Then do allow me to rephrase my stance.

You do not NEED to outrun most bosses. If you find such a need, you are bad at the game. I do not. Simple.

Then do allow me to rephrase my stance.

You do not NEED to outrun most bosses. If you find such a need, you are bad at the game. I do not. Simple.
Well then, the attack speed of Ranger make the class the easy mode of Terraria.

I believe you have just met mostly rangers who don't give af about actually playing the game and just use minecarts to snipe bosses. If you play like that, then yeah, you are a pussy. The best solution? Don't play like that.

The class isn't the problem, it's the players.

Back