• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Here’s one of my rare once a season comments on this thread:

I have a pet peeve of people abusing the report system over extraordinarily minor things in order to punish a person they don’t like.

I guess I’ll just bite the bullet and admit that yes, this is about Fuji. I’m not accusing anyone specifically of anything, but find it really suspicious that whenever she starts trying to downgrade popular verses like Dragon Ball and GoW, all of a sudden she’s getting reported every other week for something as basic as asking ******* questions in bold.

Look, I get it, I’m not exactly a huge fan of her either, but certain people need to grow up and actually argue their points instead of crying and pulling the “S-She hurt my fweelings!” card to the admins. If you can’t handle someone being slightly aggressive, then you should probably get off of the internet as a whole.

Here’s one of my rare once a season comments on this thread:

I have a pet peeve of people abusing the report system over extraordinarily minor things in order to punish a person they don’t like.

I guess I’ll just bite the bullet and admit that yes, this is about Fuji. I’m not accusing anyone specifically of anything, but find it really suspicious that whenever she starts trying to downgrade popular verses like Dragon Ball and GoW, all of a sudden she’s getting reported every other week for something as basic as asking ******* questions in bold.

Look, I get it, I’m not exactly a huge fan of her either, but certain people need to grow up and actually argue their points instead of crying and pulling the “S-She hurt my fweelings!” card to the admins. If you can’t handle someone being slightly aggressive, then you should probably get off of the internet as a whole.
This was discussed recently, as of message 7955 of this thread. I don't know a lot about that situation, but I have seen her reported a lot and not punished, so I assume it's true that something suspicious is happening.

Excited to see it in 2026.
IMG_3554.png

I literally linked the thread earlier and it went through like months ago

Here's a major pet peeve of mine that slowly changed my way of battleboarding over the years. I've grown tired of sweaty wall-text debates. Y'know, when someone writes an essay intricately addressing every little detail about your own big analysis, maybe even taking points out of context, so then you respond with your own essay while adding extra clarifications, then the other person responds to all the details, including the extra clarifications, and so on, making the quantity of paragraphs keep growing, and then we forget exactly what's addressing what and it takes days just to agree on some of the points? It's so annoying. Nowadays, I try to avoid that as much as I can, and I find it weird how some people actually find that fun. No wonder a lot of people think power scaling is cringe. A lot of battleboarders are so overbearing and obsessed with "debunking." I mean it verbatim, they use the specific word "debunk" more than any other notorious netizens I've seen.

My current pet peeve is; people and groups (death battle, SCP) have referenced this site for catch-all definitive power-scaling. Some people even believe that anything that is on this site is 100% accurate and true to the source material, when that is not always the case.

Some verses even get huge CRT's or end up nuked all the time; while also having actual faked scans. I digress on this line though.

My current pet peeve is; people and groups (death battle, SCP) have referenced this site for catch-all definitive power-scaling. Some people even believe that anything that is on this site is 100% accurate and true to the source material, when that is not always the case.

Some verses even get huge CRT's or end up nuked all the time; while also having actual faked scans. I digress on this line though.
Is that really true? From what I've seen everyone collectively agrees this site ******* sucks at accurate powerscaling.

Here's a major pet peeve of mine that slowly changed my way of battleboarding over the years. I've grown tired of sweaty wall-text debates. Y'know, when someone writes an essay intricately addressing every little detail about your own big analysis, maybe even taking points out of context, so then you respond with your own essay while adding extra clarifications, then the other person responds to all the details, including the extra clarifications, and so on, making the quantity of paragraphs keep growing, and then we forget exactly what's addressing what and it takes days just to agree on some of the points? It's so annoying. Nowadays, I try to avoid that as much as I can, and I find it weird how some people actually find that fun. No wonder a lot of people think power scaling is cringe. A lot of battleboarders are so overbearing and obsessed with "debunking." I mean it verbatim, they use the specific word "debunk" more than any other notorious netizens I've seen.
Womp Womp

What's worse is when the other guy spams fallacies

It's so annoying. Nowadays, I try to avoid that as much as I can
Yeah. I'm in the same boat. Even aside from the general annoyance factor, those sorts of arguments just prevent any meaningful voting because no one wants to sift through the mostly aimless arguing. So I try my best to focus on the most important details

A lot of battleboarders are so overbearing and obsessed with "debunking." I mean it verbatim, they use the specific word "debunk" more than any other notorious netizens I've seen.
You see it's fun when you're completely in the right and your word is accepted as fact while your opposition is completely wrong and doesn't deserve to have any opinions whatsoever

Is that really true?
I've seen half the cast on the Death Battle Podcast use this site as reference material for point of argument/subject several times in the past. Not all the time, but it's more-so uncommon than common. Mainly, it happens when everyone gets confused at hearing something that is possibly contradictory to the match-up discussion-- and they pull out their phones to check here.

SCP is another case though. Writers have used on-site terminology and scaling verbatim to achieve tier 1 hax-- which is part of why the verse is on the chopping block (if it isn't dead already).

And yeah the site does have a bad rep. Although people who search "Powerscaling (their favorite verse)" in search engines will almost always see this site in the top 3 results-- and believe it's a good reference. I really wish there was a disclaimer somewhere.

Yeah. I'm in the same boat. Even aside from the general annoyance factor, those sorts of arguments just prevent any meaningful voting because no one wants to sift through the mostly aimless arguing. So I try my best to focus on the most important details
Irc sometimes CRT goes to 5 pages+ because of the lack of staff replies which would solve the matter way faster

Have you ever seen a 11 pages long CRT 👀?
If you knew...

I've seen half the cast on the Death Battle Podcast use this site as reference material for point of argument/subject several times in the past. Not all the time, but it's more-so uncommon than common. Mainly, it happens when everyone gets confused at hearing something that is possibly contradictory to the match-up discussion-- and they pull out their phones to check here.
Did they ever direct mentioned VSBW?

SCP is another case though. Writers have used on-site terminology and scaling verbatim to achieve tier 1 hax-- which is part of why the verse is on the chopping block (if it isn't dead already).
Ngl, i think the amount of SCP writers who cares about powerscaling or have Tier 1 shenanigans on their stories is inflated

If you knew...
Longest one I've participated in so far:

Back