• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why the disparity between Saiyan Saga Yamcha's DC and Durability?

Unclechairman

VS Battles
Retired
Not only does this violate the way ki usually works in Dragon Ball (as it's the source of power durability and speed, the statisitcs should not be different except in very special cases where it's explained in-universe, as with USSj Trunks vs. Perfect Cell), but it's based on a faulty justification. The attack that killed Yamcha was a self-destruction attack, which are typically far more powerful than what the user is normally capable of, or their use wouldn't be warranted in the first place. To give an (obvious) example, Majin Vegeta was ragdolled by Buu, but his Final Explosion was strong enough to blast Buu to bits, and Buu only survived because of his extremely potent Regenerationn. Yamcha was doing fairly well against the Saibaman until it self-destructed on him. The only logical explanation that comes to my mind is that self-destruction techniques are simply far more powerful than conventional techniques, and in this case, the Saibaman self-destructing allowed it to kill an opponent who otherwise had an advantage over it.

You can adjust his AP and Durability ratings to match each other if you wish.

Done. By the way, I don't think Yamcha was totally superior to the Saibaman he was fighting, and they're as strong as Raditz, so I changed the information for his AP as well. I hope you don't mind this.

Back