• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A needed addition to verse pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about this for a bit and decided to make this thread.

So we have a CRT limit for verses around 3 for most verses while a greater amount for expansive verses such as DC/Marvel/Dragon Ball. However this is rarely ever enforced so I want to propose something that would fix this.

I propose the addition of an "Ongoing Content Revisions" section to verse pages under the summary. This will not be something that will be required for every verse page to have this instant but something that verse "supporters" will gradually add to the page to keep track of ongoing CRTs. We should also heavily encourage users who make CRTs for verses to add their revisions onto the verse page to create habit for it so it gets to a point where it's basically obligatory.

The format would look something a little like this using the Bleach page as an example.

It will purely be the users obligation to add and remove their CRT to and from the verse page and if they miss it then someone can remind them or that person do it themself.

The issue is that ideally our existing discussion tag links in the verse pages should handle the problem of finding all current and past content revision threads for each verse, but most of our members have apparently usually been very bad at selecting the accurate forum verse tags/categories that exactly correspond with the titles of our wiki pages.

I have repeatedly tried to make them listen and only use discussion thread tags/categories that are exactly the same as the titles of our current wiki pages for verses and characters, but they still spam nonsense tags, often with the sign "#" at the beginning of them.

I have also repeatedly asked our administrators and thread moderators for help with handling cleanup work/making systematic corrections by together replacing all inaccurate discussion thread tags from the past few years (since we moved to this forum, as only accurate forum tags/categories could be used before that point), but I do not know if any of them have made an effort to help out in that particular regard.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Mr._Bambu @Celestial_Pegasus @Wokistan @Ultima_Reality @Elizhaa @Qawsedf234 @ByAsura @Sir_Ovens @Damage3245 @Starter_Pack @Abstractions @LordGriffin1000 @Colonel_Krukov @SamanPatou @GyroNutz @Firestorm808 @Everything12 @Maverick_Zero_X @Crabwhale @Agnaa @Just_a_Random_Butler @JustSomeWeirdo @Theglassman12 @Eficiente @DarkGrath @Moritzva @DemonGodMitchAubin @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @Armorchompy @CrimsonStarFallen @LordTracer @Emirp sumitpo @Lonkitt @LephyrTheRevanchist @Deagonx @FinePoint @Elizio33

Would you be willing to help out with a discussion tags/category cleanup project? It is extremely important.

I really do not think that ongoing content revision threads belong on the verse pages. That'd be a nightmare to keep up to date and enforce.

People staying on top of tags for threads would be more beneficial.

Yes, the top topic has been rejected, but the crucial issue is that we need a massive ongoing project to clean up our forum discussion thread tags, beginning with our staff forum and content revision forum, which are the most relevant in this regard.

Yes, the top topic has been rejected, but the crucial issue is that we need a massive ongoing project to clean up our forum discussion thread tags, beginning with our staff forum and content revision forum, which are the most relevant in this regard.
I do not think it would be a good use of our time to go through old threads on the forum and make sure they're properly tagged. We should just put out a reminder for users to properly tag their threads going forwards.

I do not think it would be a good use of our time to go through old threads on the forum and make sure they're properly tagged. We should just put out a reminder for users to properly tag their threads going forwards.
It is definitely a good use of our time at some point, as our members and visitors need to be able to find all of our revision threads for different topics, even though the projects you and I have been planning are more prioritised right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back