• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Shrine Maiden tries to seal away a Fallen Hero(Kirin{Azure Striker Gunvolt} vs Sephiroth{Final Fantasy})0-0-1

latest

Sephiroth-Final Fantasy VII key

Kirin(Azure Striker Gunvolt)
Inconclusive:1

Distance:100 meters
Speed equal
Sephiroth is 2-A
Kirin is not paired with Gunvolt
Kirin has Djinn's Wish and Golden Trillion
SBA for the rest

Last edited:
Note: The following discussion takes into account all recent changes from Final Fantasy VII (such as Spiritual Energy Manipulation, Jenova Inheritance, and Materia) and Azure Striker Gunvolt (The four part 10th Anniversary CRT)

B…bro…

There’s no way you saw me do that recent Sephiroth CRT to make him the most OP thing ever and thought “aw yeah Kirin victim”

I’ll try tho

Last edited:
B…bro…

There’s no way you saw me do that recent Sephiroth CRT to make him the most OP thing ever and thought “aw yeah Kirin victim”

I’ll try tho
Just so you know I don't make intentional stomp threads. I checked Sephiroth's profile and from what I saw it seemed like this matchup could work.

Sephiroth can probably defend by dodging since Speed Up Materia / Teleport would work to his advantage, but it is true that one seal should be able to do the job.

Honestly, most of the new Spiritual Energy stuff doesn't change too much (yes that includes Cloud vs GV)- unless the Concept / Information stuff just lets characters one shot people who don't have resistance, idk how the rules work (I personally thought that it just lets them interact with that kind of stuff)

Sephiroth can probably defend by dodging since Speed Up Materia / Teleport would work to his advantage, but it is true that one seal should be able to do the job.

Honestly, most of the new Spiritual Energy stuff doesn't change too much (yes that includes Cloud vs GV)- unless the Concept / Information stuff just lets characters one shot people who don't have resistance, idk how the rules work (I personally thought that it just lets them interact with that kind of stuff)
Well, Spiritual Energy strikes the Spirit, which translates into the Mind and Soul, as well as causing emotions to go into disarray and memories to scramble. This is done in conceptual and informational level, so it does need resistance to prevent it. And also warps space-time. And also allows users to interact with abstracts made of information, energy, nonexistent beings and transdual entities.

However, I do recall Gunvolt resisting Conceptual and Informational stuff at the very least. That could also apply to Kirin as well, right?

The Spiritual Energy upgrade also grants users resistance to Sealing, but Kirin's is layered so it would work anyways. FFVII should have layers, but they haven't really been looked into properly.

Worth noting, Sephiroth speed amps cap at x4. Regardless of how many Status Buff Materia you equip the bonus won't go higher than x2, and Sephiroth can theoretically cast Haste on himself for another x2.

Well, Spiritual Energy strikes the Spirit, which translates into the Mind and Soul, as well as causing emotions to go into disarray and memories to scramble. This is done in conceptual and informational level, so it does need resistance to prevent it.
If Kirin had Prevasion it would at least pass through but she don’t got that here
And also warps space-time. And also allows users to interact with abstracts made of information, energy, nonexistent beings and transdual entities.
Guess this one doesn’t apply here, since Prevasion doesn’t exist here, and if it does exist you’d have to hit (Layered? Maybe?) Electrons- which could happen since Fire/Blizzard can accelerate or slow electrons, but still not sure about actually hurting them
However, I do recall Gunvolt resisting Conceptual and Informational stuff at the very least. That could also apply to Kirin as well, right?
GV can Prevade Type 3 Conceptual Soul/Mind, Space, and Time. Informational is a no-no, Kirin does resist them, but uh, not enough for this. Besides any hit would one shot
The Spiritual Energy upgrade also grants users resistance to Sealing, but Kirin's is layered so it would work anyways. FFVII should have layers, but they haven't really been looked into properly.
Well for future reference the upcoming CRT should place her sealing with 2-3 Layers (Glaives < Kirin < Djinn Kirin Sealing). Still not accepted yet tho
Worth noting, Sephiroth speed amps cap at x4. Regardless of how many Status Buff Materia you equip the bonus won't go higher than x2, and Sephiroth can theoretically cast Haste on himself for another x2.
Four times is uh a lot

If Kirin had Prevasion it would at least pass through but she don’t got that here
But that rule can be changed, right? As you mentiond, Mystic can allow her to use the ability to give her a better advantage.
Guess this one doesn’t apply here, since Prevasion doesn’t exist here, and if it does exist you’d have to hit (Layered? Maybe?) Electrons- which could happen since Fire/Blizzard can accelerate or slow electrons, but still not sure about actually hurting them
If Kirin was allowed to use Prevasion, I guess Sephiroth can try to affect her electrons with Blizzaga or Firaga. Figuring this out isn't that unlikely either, given his perma active mind and memory scan can gather information on her abilities. Unless she resist's Telepathy that is.

I initially thought that if you could harm things that lacked matter at all you could interact with subatomic matter, but I'm not so sure anymore.
GV can Prevade Type 3 Conceptual Soul/Mind, Space, and Time. Informational is a no-no, Kirin does resist them, but uh, not enough for this. Besides any hit would one shot
Okay, I deal very little with more esoteric out there stuff, but does Type 3 protect you from Type 1?

Wait, really? I was 85% sure I was Info Manip somewhere in Gunvolt's profile some time ago. Or did I mix it up?

Yeah, the AP difference is a thing. I legit want to think young Sephiroth is High 6-A to expand his choices, but haven't touched Ever Crisis. What answers does Kirin have for large stat gaps? I mean, if the topic was pitting her against a much stronger foe in terms of stats with Prevasion restricted, she has to have other options.

Well for future reference the upcoming CRT should place her sealing with 2-3 Layers (Glaives < Kirin < Djinn Kirin Sealing). Still not accepted yet tho
Still good enough if you ask me. Even if both Sephiroth and Kirin are baseline right now, Kirin's sealing feats are better than what Sephiroth can resist which is just Aerith's Seal Evil sealing the movements of the enemy.
Four times is uh a lot
Ah... frig. Well, it's not a blitz or anything. I was just pointing out that Sephiroth can't just emulate uncountable Speed Plus Materia for a 100x amp or something

What I'm worried about is that giving Kirin Prevasion might make her completely unhittable, so if Sephiroth has the means to bypass it then I guess it's fine.

I thought Cloud was the only one that could negate Mid-Godly regen.

Yeah, the AP difference is a thing. I legit want to think young Sephiroth is High 6-A to expand his choices, but haven't touched Ever Crisis. What answers does Kirin have for large stat gaps? I mean, if the topic was pitting her against a much stronger foe in terms of stats with Prevasion restricted, she has to have other options.
Kirin doe have these::
-Energy Manipulation, and Damage Boost (seals and stores concussive energy into her talismans, when applying tags with these thrown talismans, they detonate with even more power when her blade makes contact with the foe, she can also charge up these talismans even more to increase the amount of energy stored within them and in turn deal more damage with her sword with Perfect Talisman Infusion), Statistics Reduction (Weakens her enemies' defenses with her thrown talismans imbued with her Septima, "accumulating damage" on them which will be dealt with her next sword slash, allowing her to damage foes far superior to her in physical stats such as Gunvolt)
-Duplication (Can create purple illusory clones of herself where her talismans are thrown that fly towards the enemy to attack- likely by sealing those clones in a charged Talisman Storm - Final. Also via Merak, Copen, and Milas's Image Pulses)
-Attack Reflection (with Warden Flash, she can "counter" all melee attacks that contact her)
-Forcefield Creation (Zed's Aura is increased in size and now is a forcefield that blocks physical projectiles- an aura which he had given to Kirin. Lola's battle pod Image Pulse, which creates a defensive forcefield around Kirin at all times to block physical projectiles, one of Shiron's Image Pulses creates orbiting spheres to protect Kirin while firing blasts, Shiron's Brilliant Raid protects Kirin with a matrix of lasers, many boss enemies project massive barriers of damage dealing attacks, and one of Nova's Image Pulses creates a barrier that reflects all physical projectiles as energy bolts))
-Danmaku (many Image Pulses like Zed's, Teseo's, Asroc's, Viper's, etc. have massive screen covering attacks that would guarentee hitting an opponent)
- Invulnerability (4D - Multiversal+; With the Djinn's Image Pulse, Kirin can become completely invincible for approximately 90 seconds in gameplay, even against Moebius-Gunvolt's Astral Order)

If Kirin was allowed to use Prevasion, I guess Sephiroth can try to affect her electrons with Blizzaga or Firaga. Figuring this out isn't that unlikely either, given his perma active mind and memory scan can gather information on her abilities. Unless she resist's Telepathy that is.
Tbh I'm not entirely sure if it'll even work because accelerating and deccelerating doesn't mean you can hurt the thing. However Sephiroth can simply Time Stop instead and hit Kirin before she becomes electrons to defend anyways
I initially thought that if you could harm things that lacked matter at all you could interact with subatomic matter, but I'm not so sure anymore.
Nope, different types of intangibility require different feats to bypass (elemental NPI to beat elemental intang, soul NPI to beat soul intang)
Okay, I deal very little with more esoteric out there stuff, but does Type 3 protect you from Type 1?
Nah, I'm pretty sure the hierarchy is 1 > 2 > 3. Tbh idk this specific stuff either

So if Kirin hypothetically got exposed to Spiritual Energy she should be... in a bad spot? I don't know what level of exposure Sephiroth will be dealing out but if it's anything at or above giving instant Mako Poisoning it would definitely incap her.
Wait, really? I was 85% sure I was Info Manip somewhere in Gunvolt's profile some time ago. Or did I mix it up?
There is Teseo who can convert matter into computer data and vice versa... so... I mean if its computer data that has information about reality, and therefore Teseo states he can affect reality with that power- and space even warps/loops in his stage which was made from his Septima... I guess that counts as some kind of Type 2 Information? He can transform GV into data to instant kill him until GV3 decided to say "no", but Kirin doesn't have this herself without GV turning her back from being data
Still good enough if you ask me. Even if both Sephiroth and Kirin are baseline right now, Kirin's sealing feats are better than what Sephiroth can resist which is just Aerith's Seal Evil sealing the movements of the enemy.
She got it
Ah... frig. Well, it's not a blitz or anything. I was just pointing out that Sephiroth can't just emulate uncountable Speed Plus Materia for a 100x amp or something
Tbh it comes down to what Sephiroth decides to use first, Time Stop would be his best option, and it's probably more likely for it to happen than using Materia abilities he hasn't directly showcased

Last edited:
Tbh I'm not entirely sure if it'll even work because accelerating and deccelerating doesn't mean you can hurt the thing. However Sephiroth can simply Time Stop instead and hit Kirin before she becomes electrons to defend anyways
I'd want to ask on if this Time Stop is of the kind that allows doing damage in Sephiroth's relative time, or the damage only happens once the Time Stop wears off, if it's the latter then Prevasion would trigger, I'd think.

I'd want to ask on if this Time Stop is of the kind that allows doing damage in Sephiroth's relative time, or the damage only happens once the Time Stop wears off, if it's the latter then Prevasion would trigger, I'd think.
If Remake is to go by, it damage follows the caster rather than the time of the target.

Gimme a bit and I'll try to respond to the rest, guys.

What I'm worried about is that giving Kirin Prevasion might make her completely unhittable, so if Sephiroth has the means to bypass it then I guess it's fine.

I thought Cloud was the only one that could negate Mid-Godly regen.
Physically yes, if Sephiroth's NPI isn't good enough. He can still target souls directly with his attacks.

Cloud was the only one for a long while, but due to a recent revision now everybody of a certain level onwards negate High-Godly.
Kirin doe have these::
-Energy Manipulation, and Damage Boost (seals and stores concussive energy into her talismans, when applying tags with these thrown talismans, they detonate with even more power when her blade makes contact with the foe, she can also charge up these talismans even more to increase the amount of energy stored within them and in turn deal more damage with her sword with Perfect Talisman Infusion), Statistics Reduction (Weakens her enemies' defenses with her thrown talismans imbued with her Septima, "accumulating damage" on them which will be dealt with her next sword slash, allowing her to damage foes far superior to her in physical stats such as Gunvolt)
These are pretty good, but the stat gap is too big. Sephiroth also resists Stat Reduction.
-Duplication (Can create purple illusory clones of herself where her talismans are thrown that fly towards the enemy to attack- likely by sealing those clones in a charged Talisman Storm - Final. Also via Merak, Copen, and Milas's Image Pulses)
-Attack Reflection (with Warden Flash, she can "counter" all melee attacks that contact her)
I guess Warden Flash would normally work for Sephiroth's regular attacks, but again, the stat gap is too big.
-Forcefield Creation (Zed's Aura is increased in size and now is a forcefield that blocks physical projectiles- an aura which he had given to Kirin. Lola's battle pod Image Pulse, which creates a defensive forcefield around Kirin at all times to block physical projectiles, one of Shiron's Image Pulses creates orbiting spheres to protect Kirin while firing blasts, Shiron's Brilliant Raid protects Kirin with a matrix of lasers, many boss enemies project massive barriers of damage dealing attacks, and one of Nova's Image Pulses creates a barrier that reflects all physical projectiles as energy bolts))
Hmmm... none of Sephiroth's ranged attacks are physical, they are all informational/conceptual. Not to mention, Spiritual Energy bypasses shields, barriers, reflection, even alter space-time alterations.
-Danmaku (many Image Pulses like Zed's, Teseo's, Asroc's, Viper's, etc. have massive screen covering attacks that would guarentee hitting an opponent)
Normally this would work pretty well, but the stat gap is an issue again.
- Invulnerability (4D - Multiversal+; With the Djinn's Image Pulse, Kirin can become completely invincible for approximately 90 seconds in gameplay, even against Moebius-Gunvolt's Astral Order)
Dispel might be an issue here. Limit Breaks also bypass invulnerability so Octaslash would work..
Strictly speaking, it alters electrons with enough potency to create combustion or slow them enough to reduce temperature to freezing point. But, you got me there I really don't know how it would deal with prevasion.
Nope, different types of intangibility require different feats to bypass (elemental NPI to beat elemental intang, soul NPI to beat soul intang)
Hmmm... got it. There are some feats here and there but dunno if they would amount to anything.
Nah, I'm pretty sure the hierarchy is 1 > 2 > 3. Tbh idk this specific stuff either
Was checking out and yeah, this is the case.
So if Kirin hypothetically got exposed to Spiritual Energy she should be... in a bad spot? I don't know what level of exposure Sephiroth will be dealing out but if it's anything at or above giving instant Mako Poisoning it would definitely incap her.
This is something that it's talked about in the blog but isn't exactly applied yet and is somewhat related to layering. The power of Spiritual Energy is tied directly to how strong a person's Spirit is and that can be gauged by how resillient their Spirit is shown to be. People can get Mako Poisoning from prolongued or big exposure to Mako (even something like staying for too long on a place where there's mako fumes nearby, which is what got Jessie's dad in a Mako Poisoning induced coma). Sephiroth on his end can stay inside the Lifestream itself without issue, which is the accumulated Spiritual Energy of all living beings that have ever lived in the Planet (which Rebirth apparently Retconned into the universe across an infinite Multiverse). Additionally, in the final battle of the original game, he could harm Cloud's Spirit in the one on one duel, despite Cloud also enduring the Lifestream.
There is Teseo who can convert matter into computer data and vice versa... so... I mean if its computer data that has information about reality, and therefore Teseo states he can affect reality with that power... I guess that counts as some kind of Type 2 Information?
Yeah, I think that would count as Info Type 2. If Gunvolt nopes that ability then he should be resistant.

He can transform GV into data to instant kill him until GV3 decided to say "no", but Kirin doesn't have this herself without GV turning her back from being data
So in Kirin's case is not exactly a resistance, more like regenerating or being restored from it thanks to Gunvolt. Which makes me think, if Gunvolt can turn restore a person from data into a real individual, that would count as limited Info Manip for him, wouldn't it?

Still, I don't know if that would really counter Sephiroth's Info stuff, since he wouldn't be turning Kirin into data, just straight up trying to kill her.
She got it
You can't beat the miko girl with the power of J-Pop backing her up.
Tbh it comes down to what Sephiroth decides to use first, Time Stop would be his best option, and it's probably more likely for it to happen than using Materia abilities he hasn't directly showcased
He does use Slow and Stop rather frequently in his battle. He also tries to immobilize and kill his enemies with telekinesis.

Normally, Sephiroth colossal arrogance would lead to him messing around for a while with swordplay or offensive magic to reduce his opponent, but his FFVII key is the only Sephiroth that has his ego in check and actually tries to win.

Last edited:
Physically yes, if Sephiroth's NPI isn't good enough. He can still target souls directly with his attacks.

Cloud was the only one for a long while, but due to a recent revision now everybody of a certain level onwards negate High-Godly.

These are pretty good, but the stat gap is too big. Sephiroth also resists Stat Reduction.

I guess Warden Flash would normally work for Sephiroth's regular attacks, but again, the stat gap is too big.

Hmmm... none of Sephiroth's ranged attacks are physical, they are all informational/conceptual. Not to mention, Spiritual Energy bypasses shields, barriers, reflection, even alter space-time alterations.

Dispel might be an issue here. Limit Breaks also bypass invulnerability so Octaslash would work..
A couple of other things I forgot to mention:
- Limited Mind Manipulation, Ectoplasm Manipulation, and Soul Manipulation (Can summon Black Badge as an Image Pulse, who can create thought projections and attacks made out of the energy of souls, one of his attacks being able to damage the soul itself)
-Darkness Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, and Existence Erasure (via Jota's "Phosphatorium" Image Pulse)
- Magnetism Manipulation, Power Nullification, and Statistics Reduction (Copen's Image Pulse fires Greed Snatcher, which is capable of bypassing certain kinds of Immortality and Intangibility, as well as instantly kill foes, can also summon Carrera's Image Pulses, one of which able to do the same thing)

Last edited:
I would respond fully to the whole soul thing but wrapping my head around how Prevasion and Soul damage attacks interact is confusing af right now, especially when the interaction in ASG actually exists and I'm trying to figure out if it applies here

Basically, a guy named Tenjian can freeze the soul and another guy named Black Badge uses soul energy to damage souls, but Tenjian got through Prevasion because Tenjian’s soul freezing move is an upgrade to a move that just... inexplicably hits electrons/Prevasion- and Black Badge just... couldn't

But also both are only 3D (GVs is Layered 4D but he's not here right now), but also Sephiroth can't hit electrons at all regardless of dimensionality, but also he can make em move faster so idk- and even if he can't do it at all Kirin still needs to breathe and interact with the outside world which is just teeming with Spirit Energy but Kirin can see ghosts so she's probably well attuned to Spiritual stuff she might not get Mako Poisoned immediately so...??????

I'm gonna need some time to think about that in the meantime I can answer about everything else

As said before, idk how the interaction works, but Kirin has showcased Prevading attacks that directly damage her soul, it may not be on a Information/Concept level, but the fact that Prevasion is a factor at all would mean that you'd have to get past it to hit her soul (as in, the soul isn't just floating seperately, suspectible to being hit by soul targetting attacks- because if it was then Prevasion would just... never ever work against those types of attacks, but it clearly did).

If I understand it right, Spirit Energy doesn't damage the concept or information of a person, but rather the soul- which has those properties inside of it. But if you can't hit the soul for whatever reason (in this case Prevasion), you can't really damage the conceptual or informational properties of said soul

Maybe that's how it works? Idk
It scales off of her Radiant Fetters' Sealing stuff

Yeah, Image Pulsing buffs are probably a no go, and yeah, Limit Breaks too
Strictly speaking, it alters electrons with enough potency to create combustion or slow them enough to reduce temperature to freezing point. But, you got me there I really don't know how it would deal with prevasion.
Mhm, if reducing the temperatures a person's body to below AZ (somehow below AZ exists) doesn't work, I don't think a Blizzaga will either
Hmmm... got it. There are some feats here and there but dunno if they would amount to anything.
While I personally say that hitting electricity is good enough, pretty sure how it actually works in the system is that you have to specifically hit electrons which is kind of unfair ngl, but it is what it is
Was checking out and yeah, this is the case.

This is something that it's talked about in the blog but isn't exactly applied yet and is somewhat related to layering. The power of Spiritual Energy is tied directly to how strong a person's Spirit is and that can be gauged by how resillient their Spirit is shown to be. People can get Mako Poisoning from prolongued or big exposure to Mako (even something like staying for too long on a place where there's mako fumes nearby, which is what got Jessie's dad in a Mako Poisoning induced coma). Sephiroth on his end can stay inside the Lifestream itself without issue, which is the accumulated Spiritual Energy of all living beings that have ever lived in the Planet (which Rebirth apparently Retconned into the universe across an infinite Multiverse). Additionally, in the final battle of the original game, he could harm Cloud's Spirit in the one on one duel, despite Cloud also enduring the Lifestream.
Again, gonna need more time to figure out how the interaction works
Yeah, I think that would count as Info Type 2. If Gunvolt nopes that ability then he should be resistant.
Guess that's one more thing to add to the CRT... even though it's technically there already...
So in Kirin's case is not exactly a resistance, more like regenerating or being restored from it thanks to Gunvolt. Which makes me think, if Gunvolt can turn restore a person from data into a real individual, that would count as limited Info Manip for him, wouldn't it? Still, I don't know if that would really counter Sephiroth's Info stuff, since he wouldn't be turning Kirin into data, just straight up trying to kill her.
Yeah, this ability is him replicating the same Teseo Info Manip, directly referencing him as someone who can turn things into electronic data and back. Tbh, this doesn't really matter for Kirin since GV isn't even there, and Sephiroth's thing is just kinda different tbh
You can't beat the miko girl with the power of J-Pop backing her up.
i still have no clue how i managed to have her beat a Fate character
He does use Slow and Stop rather frequently in his battle. He also tries to immobilize and kill his enemies with telekinesis.
Time Stop is probably his best bet assuming the soulhax doesn't work. Kirin can just teleport out of telekinesis.
Normally, Sephiroth colossal arrogance would lead to him messing around for a while with swordplay or offensive magic to reduce his opponent, but his FFVII key is the only Sephiroth that has his ego in check and actually tries to win.
Kirin goes for the seal 100% of the time as her opening move, and I'm assuming this is Bizarro Sephiroth? I find it hard to believe that he would opt to dodge than block somehow

A couple of other things I forgot to mention:
- Limited Mind Manipulation, Ectoplasm Manipulation, and Soul Manipulation(Can summon Black Badge as an Image Pulse, who can create thought projections and attacks made out of the energy of souls, one of his attacks being able to damage the soul itself)
-Darkness Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, and Existence Erasure (via Jota's "Phosphatorium" Image Pulse)
Hmmm... not good. Sephiroth resists all that.
- Magnetism Manipulation, Power Nullification, and Statistics Reduction (Copen's Image Pulse fires Greed Snatcher, which is capable of bypassing certain kinds of Immortality and Intangibility, as well as instantly kill foes, can also summon Carrera's Image Pulses, one of which able to do the same thing)
While Sephiroth does resist Power Null, I think this would actually work normally. Sephiroth's intangibility isn't particularly noteworthy beyond phasing through matter. Immortality also isn't a major issue, given Sephiroth's is not combat applicable.

Also, if it can instantly kill foes, should that count as Death Manipulation?
I would respond fully to the whole soul thing but wrapping my head around how Prevasion and Soul damage attacks interact is confusing af right now, especially when the interaction in ASG actually exists and I'm trying to figure out if it applies here

Basically, a guy named Tenjian can freeze the soul and another guy named Black Badge uses soul energy to damage souls, but Tenjian got through Prevasion because Tenjian’s soul freezing move is an upgrade to a move that just... inexplicably hits electrons/Prevasion- and Black Badge just... couldn't
If you ask me it sounds like Tenjian's abilities also have the NPI required to interact with Prevasion, while the Black Badge user doesn't. They both target the soul, but given only Tenjian has the proper NPI, only his abilities work, while the other individual's simply miss. Though it's kinda trippy that Prevasion which affects matter can turn the immaterial soul into electrons too.
But also both are only 3D (GVs is Layered 4D but he's not here right now), but also Sephiroth can't hit electrons at all regardless of dimensionality, but also he can make em move faster so idk- and even if he can't do it at all Kirin still needs to breathe and interact with the outside world which is just teeming with Spirit Energy but Kirin can see ghosts so she's probably well attuned to Spiritual stuff she might not get Mako Poisoned immediately so...??????

I'm gonna need some time to think about that in the meantime I can answer about everything else
Did Gunvolt's abilities were already 4D when he fought Tenjian and the Black Badge guy or they evolved into 4D after their encounter? Maybe GV had 3D abilities by the time he fought those two and they got stronger later on. As far as I know, Gunvolt became magnitudes stronger between ASG2 and 3, right? If that's the case then it wouldn't be strange that Tenjian's abilities worked given what I mentioned above and they would simply fail to affect GV by the time his abilities reach 4D.

I was thinking... remember I mentioned there were a couple of feats here and there? Sephiroth upscales from Yuffie who can defeat Ramuh, who is made of lightning, and Zack who defeated Bahamut Fury who is made of light. I'd mention destroying Reno's Pyramid technique, but I have no confirmation of that beyond it looks electric-ish. Does that amount to anything?

Yeah, I'm not sure myself on how the Blizzard and Fire spells would work here either.

So, Kirin needs to get out of Prevasion to go on the offensive? Well, seeing ghosts is mostly Enhanced Senses (and that's in the case the ghosts are invisible to begin with) rather than spiritual stuff. That said, it's not like Sephiroth fills the environment with Spiritual Energy in this key (he can do it in his Advent Children key by Summoning Negative Lifestream). Spiritual Energy is concentrated in his techniques and that would be it. If Kirin manages to avoid them she's safe. The only other character that passively emanates Spiritual Energy is Minerva.

EDIT: Weird case of ninja'd.

Well, a lot has to do with my lack of knowledge on ASG. I thought the soul didn't really came up in the game, thus the sould remained hidden away the same way we can't touch our souls in real life or something, lol.

Have to go to sleep now, tomorrow I'll put my thoughts on your update.

B…bro…

I’ll try tho

Sephiroth is unlikely to use magic he's never shown to use before in a fight like this His teleport is useful, but he doesn't use it to avoid every attack

Sephiroth is unlikely to use magic he's never shown to use before in a fight like this His teleport is useful, but he doesn't use it to avoid every attack
He uses magic in his Crisis Core boss fight against Zack, despite that being the moment where his megalomania broke out, and also in Remake where he pretty much was toying around. This is also the original FFVII key, where he uses magic very frequently during that battle as Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth.

He uses magic in his Crisis Core boss fight against Zack, despite that being the moment where his megalomania broke out, and also in Remake where he pretty much was toying around. This is also the original FFVII key, where he uses magic very frequently during that battle as Bizarro and Safer Sephiroth.
I didn't say he doesn't use magic often, just that he's unlikely to use spells he's never shown to use

I didn't say he doesn't use magic often, just that he's unlikely to use spells he's never shown to use
Ah, my bad, I misread your post. Instead of: "Sephiroth is unlikely to use magic he's never shown to use..." I read it as "Sephiroth is unlikely to use magic, he's never shown to use..."

Anyhow, I agree on that one.

While Sephiroth does resist Power Null, I think this would actually work normally. Sephiroth's intangibility isn't particularly noteworthy beyond phasing through matter. Immortality also isn't a major issue, given Sephiroth's is not combat applicable.

Also, if it can instantly kill foes, should that count as Death Manipulation?
Greed Snatcher actually scales even higher than Kirin's Radiant Fetters when it comes to power null, so that's another Layer to worry about

Also no it's not Death Manipulation, people who only get grazed by Greed Snatcher don't die, but they experience being completely power nulled and just aren't able to move- and are demonstrated to just get hurt by normal humans. Direct hits instantly kill because it's also a damaging projectile that scales way higher than normal human
If you ask me it sounds like Tenjian's abilities also have the NPI required to interact with Prevasion, while the Black Badge user doesn't. They both target the soul, but given only Tenjian has the proper NPI, only his abilities work, while the other individual's simply miss. Though it's kinda trippy that Prevasion which affects matter can turn the immaterial soul into electrons too.

Did Gunvolt's abilities were already 4D when he fought Tenjian and the Black Badge guy or they evolved into 4D after their encounter? Maybe GV had 3D abilities by the time he fought those two and they got stronger later on. As far as I know, Gunvolt became magnitudes stronger between ASG2 and 3, right? If that's the case then it wouldn't be strange that Tenjian's abilities worked given what I mentioned above and they would simply fail to affect GV by the time his abilities reach 4D.
GV fought Tenjian in GV2 and GV3. The first time he just completely died to the soul freeze. The second time he was 4D by the time he fought Tenjian.

Kirin fought Tenjian in GV3, and earlier on in that game she fought Black Badge. Her Prevasion never makes it up to 4D.
  • Black Badge does not get past her Prevasion to hit her soul
  • Tenjian manages to get past Prevasion and then hit her soul

So clearly getting past Prevasion is a pre-requisite to getting to the soul
I was thinking... remember I mentioned there were a couple of feats here and there? Sephiroth upscales from Yuffie who can defeat Ramuh, who is made of lightning, and Zack who defeated Bahamut Fury who is made of light. I'd mention destroying Reno's Pyramid technique, but I have no confirmation of that beyond it looks electric-ish. Does that amount to anything?
There are several moments where you're able to hit all types of elemental manip, and even electrical constructs, but the thing that hit the electrical constructs just doesn't work on Prevasion- so for the sake of sticking to consistency, so unforrtunately I'd say no. Prevasion is fricking annoying to deal with, but Kirin actually needs it to survive
Yeah, I'm not sure myself on how the Blizzard and Fire spells would work here either.
Actually, after some thinking, I've come to the conclusion that it wouldn't HURT Kirin, but it would inflict Mako Poisoning.

When we want to change an aspect of something (in this case the soul), we need to interact with it. If I need to change a property of a pen, like taking the ink out, I'd need to actually touch the pen first or somehow interact with it before I can alter an aspect of it- regardless of what aspects you want to change of it (in this case, the concept of the soul).

Sephiroth... can't do this- aside from using Firaga/Blizzaga

At the end of the day, those spells do indeed touch electrons (with Spiritual Energy) to move them, or at least his Spiritual Energy can affect electrons. So if they can touched Kirin's electrons, they would give her Mako Poisoning even if the resulting combustion or freezing didn't actually hurt. Though, since Prevasion is passive follow up attacks wouldn't exactly hurt-

But this is basically another wincon for Sephiroth alongside Time Sto-
Prevasion: Layered Passive Elemental Intangibility (via Prevasion

Bruh.

So, Kirin needs to get out of Prevasion to go on the offensive?
Nah, she's very much capable of doing all of her attacks while Prevading, the only one who disables Prevasion while attacking is GV in GV1&2 when specifically using his Flashfield
Well, seeing ghosts is mostly Enhanced Senses (and that's in the case the ghosts are invisible to begin with) rather than spiritual stuff. That said, it's not like Sephiroth fills the environment with Spiritual Energy in this key (he can do it in his Advent Children key by Summoning Negative Lifestream). Spiritual Energy is concentrated in his techniques and that would be it. If Kirin manages to avoid them she's safe.
Oh, then Teleport Spam moment into Sealing

Since both really just have to rely on who presses their instant win button first, it's pretty much a incon- though it's important to know that Sephiroth only has one move (that being Stop), that can guarentee the win, but the more powers you have the less likely you are to chose the one you need at random. Meanwhile Kirin always goes for the seal immediately. At the same time though, her sealing isn't something that can just spawn on you, she actually needs to land one of her projectiles to do it, Sephirot can use Jenova teleportation or illusions to make that harder while he tries to figure out what works on Prevasion

There is also the giant forcefield he can create, but Kirin can probably use one of her techniques like Issen Dash or just teleport there. Her Image Pulse Greed Snatcher can also nullify it as it can negate Septimal phemoena on contact

Last edited:
Greed Snatcher actually scales even higher than Kirin's Radiant Fetters when it comes to power null, so that's another Layer to worry about

Also no it's not Death Manipulation, people who only get grazed by Greed Snatcher don't die, but they experience being completely power nulled and just aren't able to move- and are demonstrated to just get hurt by normal humans. Direct hits instantly kill because it's also a damaging projectile that scales way higher than normal human

GV fought Tenjian in GV2 and GV3. The first time he just completely died to the soul freeze. The second time he was 4D by the time he fought Tenjian.

Kirin fought Tenjian in GV3, and earlier on in that game she fought Black Badge. Her Prevasion never makes it up to 4D.
  • Black Badge does not get past her Prevasion to hit her soul
  • Tenjian manages to get past Prevasion and then hit her soul

So clearly getting past Prevasion is a pre-requisite to getting to the soul

There are several moments where you're able to hit all types of elemental manip, and even electrical constructs, but the thing that hit the electrical constructs just doesn't work on Prevasion- so for the sake of sticking to consistency, so unforrtunately I'd say no. Prevasion is fricking annoying to deal with, but Kirin actually needs it to survive

Actually, after some thinking, I've come to the conclusion that it wouldn't HURT Kirin, but it would inflict Mako Poisoning.

When we want to change an aspect of something (in this case the soul), we need to interact with it. If I need to change a property of a pen, like taking the ink out, I'd need to actually touch the pen first or somehow interact with it before I can alter an aspect of it- regardless of what aspects you want to change of it (in this case, the concept of the soul).

Sephiroth... can't do this- aside from using Firaga/Blizzaga

At the end of the day, those spells do indeed touch electrons (with Spiritual Energy) to move them, or at least his Spiritual Energy can affect electrons. So if they can touched Kirin's electrons, they would give her Mako Poisoning even if the resulting combustion or freezing didn't actually hurt. Though, since Prevasion is passive follow up attacks wouldn't exactly hurt-

But this is basically another wincon for Sephiroth alongside Time Sto-

Bruh.

Nah, she's very much capable of doing all of her attacks while Prevading, the only one who disables Prevasion while attacking is GV in GV1&2 when specifically using his Flashfield

Oh, then Teleport Spam moment into Sealing

Since both really just have to rely on who presses their instant win button first, it's pretty much a incon- though it's important to know that Sephiroth only has one move (that being Stop), that can guarentee the win, but the more powers you have the less likely you are to chose the one you need at random. Meanwhile Kirin always goes for the seal immediately. At the same time though, her sealing isn't something that can just spawn on you, she actually needs to land one of her projectiles to do it, Sephirot can use Jenova teleportation or illusions to make that harder while he tries to figure out what works on Prevasion

There is also the giant forcefield he can create, but Kirin can probably use one of her techniques like Issen Dash or just teleport there. Her Image Pulse Greed Snatcher can also nullify it as it can negate Septimal phemoena on contact
By the way, is Sepiroth's Time Stop layered/highly potent? Cause Kirin does have have Resistance to Time Stop (Is unaffected by Copen's tagged Cryo Flash)

Last edited:
Not sure. But now that the new Layers do exist Firaga may work because Kirins Prevasion is now a "possibly Layered"

However her time stop resistance is based on a Time Stop that focuses on her, and the Time Slow variant is the one with the big range

Not sure. But now that the new Layers do exist Firaga may work because Kirins Prevasion is now a "possibly Layered"

However her time stop resistance is based on a Time Stop that focuses on her, and the Time Slow variant is the one with the big range
Even if it's a possibly that's still 2-3 Layers that Sephiroth needs to get past, and judging by his profile it doesn't seem like any of his hax are layered.

Even if it's a possibly that's still 2-3 Layers that Sephiroth needs to get past, and judging by his profile it doesn't seem like any of his hax are layered.
That's because layers have never been looked into in FFVII. I do have some stuff that could translate into something, but need to eventually take it to the layer evaluation thread or make a CRT.

Say, can we put this match on hold for a bit? I'm trying to get the last FFVII CRT approved so I can finally post Sephiroth's updated profile (and fixing some details).

That's because layers have never been looked into in FFVII. I do have some stuff that could translate into something, but need to eventually take it to the layer evaluation thread or make a CRT.

Say, can we put this match on hold for a bit? I'm trying to get the last FFVII CRT approved so I can finally post Sephiroth's updated profile (and fixing some details).
Yeah, ok. But I'll still be bumping this so that no one forgets about it.

Back