• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About author statements steming from questions.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I know we have rules about author statements and we really only use then if they are backed. But usually these statements stem from questions by fans on scoial media or interviews, so I'm wondering if asking an author about a specific statement made in a series was suppose to be literal or not and they gave a genuine answer, would this be considered usable or not? Because I've seen Twitter statements like this used but wouldn't it be considered a loaded question or something?

Only time it'd be considered a leading question is if the fan asked about something not present in the source material itself, i.e. the primary canon and secondary canons.

Most of the time asking questions about whether statements are considered literal or not usually have the source material in tow, so I think it should be fine, since it's merely asking for clarification, and not adding anything new in response to the fan's question.

For example, if someone asked if a speed of light statement in the story was considered literal or not, that would not be a leading question.

However, if you asked shit like "Are there platonic concepts" or "Does this construct have infinite dimensions" (Assuming the story never references them even once), then it'd be a leading question through and through.

It's largely depended on the context of the question to determine if it's a leading question.

"Was there any other way for Alice to get to the Nether World aside from the death portal?" isn't what I'd quite call a leading question since its largely a lore and plot clarification.

"Is it true that Bob can destroy the universe with his raw power?" is more than a bit leading.

Back