• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the name of the verses

Dragonite007

He/Him
So, I noted something, some verses have their original name (Kimetsu no Yaiba), even though they have names in English (Demon Slayer).

So, here my questions:

1º Question: When naming the verse, does the original name have more preference than the official name in English?

2º Question: For characters whose English names are different from those in their country of origin, the original name would take precedence above the official English name.

I think the answer to both questions is down to either personal preference by the users, or whatever name is more popularly used. This is just my opinion, however; I can't factually answer this question.

Generally, I usually prefer using the English titles. It's usually automatically more recognizable than the JP titles, since we're an English-speaking wiki.

However, there are titles, usually short ones that go "[Word] no [Word]", that I find roll off the tongue just as well or sometimes better in JP than in EN, in which case JP title is fine.

Generally, I usually prefer using the English titles. It's usually automatically more recognizable than the JP titles, since we're an English-speaking wiki.

However, there are titles, usually short ones that go "[Word] no [Word]", that I find roll off the tongue just as well or sometimes better in JP than in EN, in which case JP title is fine.
Well, even trough this is using a Japanese verse as a exemple, rhis is for a Brazilian one :V

Back