• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Archie Sonic Retconned Feats

Friction-based striking attacks must at least have Mach 5 stipulations to even be virtually possible unless Knuckles can somehow manipulate the friction of his molecules which I highly doubt.

It seems we have here a very similar situation to Sonic '06 with the game profiles. Sonic '06 retconned itself and so is almost doubtlessly non-canon, but can feats from it still be applicable? I had accounted for Sonic '06 in Silver's profile because most of his feats come from that game, but not for anyone else; Silver was merely an exception.

So, if we're not going to account for Sonic '06 in the game canon, should we account for Worlds Unite (and for that matter, Worlds Collide as well) in the comicbook continuity since the situation is almost exactly the same?

this was brought up when we were arguing on the blog

also one of the reasons i was arguing against having feats and abilities from it

Yes, feats can still be applicable. It doesn't take away the defeat against his opponents he'd done with his own power. And don't forget that Crisis City showed up in Sonic Generations, too.

Davy0 said:
Crisis City showed up in Sonic Generations, too.
Don't even try to suggest that Sonic '06 is canon just because of that. It could have just as easily been the Time Eater jerking with the timestream.

OK... And Sonic Generations is canon, so is the battle with Silver as there is also a cutscene showing them... within Crisis City... fighting... It's canon. Even Ian said it was canon, it just wrote itself out of existence with the retcon... And he gets the actual plots for the games so that he knows what he can and can't use from Sega.

the argument was that while it is noncanon the feats are still there because the characters would still be able to do those feats

Correct. It doesn't take from their capacity to perform the feats that they did so long as an outside source didn't amplify their powers. Some type of plot device or another.

Just gave evidence. Sega and Ian's staff have a partnership, what they condone as canon is given to him, and he can make what he wishes to be canon should he see fit to. However, he states that Sega also sees Sonic '06 as canon, no matter how bad the game is. It's just that Silver had to be in such a horrid game that he has a bad reputation. (shrug)

Davy0 said:
It's just that Silver had to be in such a horrid game that he has a bad reputation. (shrug)
That's not the reason I hate the thought of Sonic '06 being canon or even remotely relevant to Sonic continuity. Besides, whatever bad reputation Silver had when he was first introduced has mostly dissipated by now. He's now one of the most popular characters in the series and frequently shows up in fan works.

Knuckles is Piccolo, his gullibility has gone down, and he is from an ancient race that came back from disaster I guess.

Back