• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Australopithecus vs Chimpanzee

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Apparently these two are comparable to each other according to their profiles. However, I think it's easier to argue for the chimp than it is for Australopithecus since while there is much more information on the chimpanzee's strengths, the only article that could really help Australopithecus out is this: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5130205/

It's likely that the profile for Australopithecus is working on assumptions in this case.

Fossil evidence of butchery by Australopithecus was found. This article on it is publicly available: https://www.nature.com/scitable/kno...ce-for-meat-eating-by-early-humans-103874273/

There is another fossil of a bovine leg with evidence of butchery 3.4 million years ago, although the fossil having been found in sandstone makes said fossil evidence dubious.

Chimpanzees have a wider range of tools to use. As it currently stands, chimpanzees were found to have used stone tools along with sticks, rocks, grasses, and leaves. They have fashioned sticks into scoops for foraging honey and insects, and have made spears in order to hunt smaller primates such as bushbabies. They have made use of leaves to use as sponges to gather water. I recall seeing on a Casual Geographic video that those guys can wage war against each other, but I don't remember which one and I may have went through the Mandela effect in that regard.

From this, I would imagine butchering is a step further in regards to meat-eating, although chimpanzees are more of a jack-of-trades than Australopithecus is. Without further ado, this matchup will be fully SBA. Here are their profiles.:

Australopithecus' Profile
Chimpanzee's Profile

Who takes this?

Southern Ape: 0
Murder Ape: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Back