• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beerus Striking Strength- needs to be edited

Hello fellow forumers. I propose to the mod to change Beerus striking strenght and add appropiate feat to validate. What they will change it into is their wish

First of all, it's written that Beerus "casually curb-stomped the Z Fighters' top tiers using only his fingers and pressure points, and spanking in the case of Gotenks. Superior to Golden Frieza"

Point to be noted:

1. Curbstomping the Z fighters is not a striking feat, nor it displayed any DC. It was a pressure point attack which shows Beerus skill in martial arts.

2. No Z-fighter has supernova durability, Goku explicitly stated in FnF manga that he would be dead if Beerus' starbusting Ki blast hit them. Z fighters having supernova durability is totally baseless. They can't be powerscaled from filler characters like Cooler

3. The best striking feat in DBZ is Beerus destroying around 9 planets by blitzing through them. Nothing else comes close to this in any DB movie, anime or the manga. To say Beerus has XTJ striking strenght doesn't make any sense, since Beerus himself displayed the best striking feat in the entire series, which is only multi-planet level

4. There's no base for any DBZ character to have XTJ striking strength, it's not supported by manga/movies or hype. DBZ characters always had better DC in energy projection than their physical striking attacks. All the DBZ characters who have destroyed regular planets (except Beerus) did so by using energy attacks. They barely have planetery level striking feats, let alone star level

As a DBZ fan, I know how powerscaling works in DBZ. However, all powerscaling has a base, and there's literally nothing that supports XTJ striking strength for Beerus. I hope mods change it accordingly and include the appropiate feat, where Beerus actually destroys some planets with striking strength at the end of Battle of Gods movies after eating Wasabi, which is by far the best display of striking strength in DBZ, and the absolute limit. Striking strenght and DC have separate categories in vsbattles, so they should be treated separately.

On the one hand I think that you have a point. On the other, theZ-fighters should logically not be able to hurt each other with physical strikes if this is the case.

"Curbstomping the Z fighters is not a striking feat, nor it displayed any DC. It was a pressure point attack which shows Beerus skill in martial arts."

Where were those wonderfully delicate pressure point attacks when Beerus kicked the Ultimate out of Gohan or spanked the Super Saiyan out of Gotenks?

@Unclechairman- None of those prove Gotenks or Gohan has star level durability. Nobody in DBZ does. Nor it proves Beerus can destroy stars with punches. Why do people keep on mixing Ki blast with striking strength? Both are separate categories

Attack potency from punches should be comparable in power to their energy blasts, just without the flashy AoE. This whole idea on "Split Durability" is flawed and can't be proven to exist in DBZ, you're basically suggesting that they have Planet level blasts with Mountain level strikes...

All this is, is AoE vs Potentcy. The punches from Goku can't destroy a Solar System but they can harm Beerus who has Solar System level+ durability. So Goku's punches can't destroy a Solar System (AoE) but they can produce enough energy to hurt a Solar System durability level character (Potentcy)

This is the exact same thing as AoE vs Potencty.

@SwordSlayer This is true. Perhaps we should adjust the explanations at the attack potency page a little to avoid confusion regarding this matter?

"@SwordSlayer This is true. Perhaps we should adjust the explanations at the attack potency page a little to avoid confusion regarding this matter?"

Yeah. I think we should adjust it / give a better explanation so people won't be confused by AoE vs Potentcy.

I made a small adjustment. Feel free to tell me if I should change it further?

Hmm I think the change you made is good enough. But I do think that you need an example to better show what you are talking about.

What change did you make? @antivasima

Split durability does exist in DBZ, Frieza can survive planet explosion but gets cut by Trunks' sword slash. Nothing implies Trunks can destroy a planet with his sword. Nobody except Beerus has destroyed planets with physical attacks @sheoth

" Frieza can survive planet explosion but gets cut by Trunks' sword slash. Nothing implies Trunks can destroy a planet with his sword"

Trunk's sword has Planet level Potentcy but not AoE. Trunks can't destroy a planet with his sword, but he can harm characters with Planet level durability.

"Split durability does exist in DBZ"

No it doesn't. All it is, is AoE vs Potentcy. AoE = Size of the explosion, Potentcy = The amount of energy produced. Trunks sword obviously doesn't have Planet level AoE but if it can harm Planet level durability characters, then it has Planet level Potentcy.

What I'm seeing is that attack potency is being applied to striking strength and is powerscaled from Ki blasts, which is inappropiate as energy attacks have always shown to be much stronger than punches. The punches may have theoretical potency but in practical they are far behind the Ki attacks. Which proves they indeed have split durability

As for this thread, Beerus has showed the best striking feat in DBZ and there's no way to powerscale that any higher, because that's the maximum limit shown so far. Respecting the separate categories for striking strength and DC, they should be made separate.

BTW my words are just my opinion, which I believe is reasonable. This website is very repuatable so I hope the character power level should be set accordingly, not based on preference and bias

Most Dragonball fans rather think that we have a preference and bias to lowball DB characters. In any case, I think that you do have a point in a certain amount of inconsistence for the franchise, but split durability seems too uncertain to apply to the character pages. My apologies, but nobody seems to agree with you. It is probably time for you to leave.

The reason their punches are scaled from their ki blasts is because ki is what powers their punches. Ki is nearly if not outright the source of all power in Dragon Ball. It powers their punches, their blasts, their speed, etc. Your failure to properly address any of my arguments makes me think you're either clueless, stubborn or a troll. If you look at Goku's page on the wiki , and scroll down to the comments, you will see some people from before who peddled very similar arguments to what you are trying to present here. They were ultimately banned, and I daresy you may be heading down the same path.

"Frieza can survive planet explosion but gets cut by Trunks' sword slash. Nothing implies Trunks can destroy a planet with his sword"

Except the fact that he cut up Frieza who, as you stated, tanked a planet exploding almost literally in his face. It's nothing special about his sword, either, as he easily blocked it when King Cold tried to use it on him. The power of Trunks' sword comes from Trunks himself.

You are wearing out your welcome here. I'd suggest you just drop this and proceed as normal on the wiki before you draw the ire of anyone else with your stubbornness.

http://ex2.unixmanga.net/onlineread...Vol 029/Db29ch09/db29_137.gif&server=nas.html - The thing that debunks this entire statement. Ki can not only be used in blasts, but it can also be used an increasing one's strength. Why shouldn't ki be capable of blasting with melee combat when it can also blast planets apart in a condensed blast. All it is is ki mixed with physical striking force. There you go.

https://youtu.be/Lu9C4K3MB50?t=169

http://************/watch-online/dragon-ball-kai-episode-062 - Go to 15:30, Piccolo explains it closer to the English Translated Manga Version.

Back