• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Command Block Range Upgrade (STAFF MEMBER NEEDED)

IDK3465

He/Him
So, after a lengthy question thread regarding the Command Block's tier, everyone agreed that it could only affect space and not the full spacetime of all dimensions. sadge ):
However, what was generally agreed upon was that the command block could still affect the physical space of all dimensions, and (due to evidence within the aforementioned thread) each dimension is a completely separate universe from each other. Due to commands like /kill and /difficulty working across all dimensions simultaneously, it seems pretty clear that the Command Block's range should be upgraded to Low Multiverse level. Adding onto this, we already accept the nether portal as having that range, so this shouldn't be that controversial.
This should also scale to the Wither Storm due to its power coming from a Command Block and likely having similar reality-warping abilities.

Thats all.

Agree: Lloydblitzed, GarrixianXD, Accelerated_Evolution
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Agree, and with the 1st April special update, you could argue it has 2-A range since it could affect all dimensions, who are, in this update, infinite

Agree, and with the 1st April special update, you could argue it has 2-A range since it could affect all dimensions, who are, in this update, infinite
Has the MC cosmology been discussed to be Infinite? Haven’t caught up lately.

Ehhhhhh, that was just an April Fool’s update. I wouldn’t say that it’s actually canon at all. However, if I remember correctly, story mode does show a large number of dimensions so maybe 2-B range?

Low Multiversal range seems good. I’m not sure if Minecraft Story Mode has any canonicity towards the main game itself.

As for 2-A, I’d like to hear the OP discuss about that if he wishes.

Well, I don’t know the exact amount, but in story mode we see a long hallway of different portals each to (what I assume) is their own dimension, I’ll need to look at some scans again but now I’m thinking of it, probably less than 1,000 dimensions so would just likely be a higher form of 2-C.

Low Multiversal range seems good. I’m not sure if Minecraft Story Mode has any canonicity towards the main game itself.
The literal only reason we have the command block’s profile is due to its appearance in story mode, normally the block itself is a non-cannon gameplay feature. I don’t think story mode being canon or not really matters here.

Well, I don’t know the exact amount, but in story mode we see a long hallway of different portals each to (what I assume) is their own dimension, I’ll need to look at some scans again but now I’m thinking of it, probably less than 1,000 dimensions so would just likely be a higher form of 2-C.
Not really a higher form but ik what u mean

The literal only reason we have the command block’s profile is due to its appearance in story mode, normally the block itself is a non-cannon gameplay feature. I don’t think story mode being canon or not really matters here.
Oh. If it’s the story mode version then a possibly 2-B rating should be plausible. Since we didn’t see that there were over 1001 portals, we can’t be definitive on that.

Was the hall ever been stated to be endless? It’s been a real long time since I played that game.
I don't think it was; if somebody wants to look through the full playthrough, there might be something, but it's likely just a finite amount of dimensions.

In regard to the amount of dimensions, i think that an "At least 2-C" range looks fine

And about the unrelated discussion above, OG minecraft and Story Mode are two completely different games afaik, so no, they will not scale to each other in any level

Back