• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Neither were the V3 cast.
Lmao
Makoto had an entire dream sequence after that fall
Yeah but that still supports his being Tier 9 in general. V3 cast does not.
Also I don't really understand why K1-B0 being potrayed as pretty weak means his feat is an outlier and not that V3 cast are just stronger?
All of them scaling to the God tiers is complete bullshit and anyone with common sense can figure it out.

Yeah but that still supports his being Tier 9 in general. V3 cast does not.
It literally has the same result as the V3 cast getting hit with the explosives.
All of them scaling to the God tiers is complete bullshit and anyone with common sense can figure it out.
They'd be scaling to K1-B0, not Gonta and Tenko (Who aren't even God Tiers)

Also, Kaito's stated to be more resilient than Maki
"
As for the difficulty, I combined the elements from everyone else to make the hardest boss. That said, her HP is second to Momota. I love how I got to show this layer of characterization in my level design with Momota being in the more resilient and Harukawa being the more experienced fighter instead of just making the next opponent just have all stats higher than the previous one."

It literally has the same result as the V3 cast getting hit with the explosives.
And?
They'd be scaling to K1-B0, not Gonta and Tenko
And the feat is made from them. K1-B0 simply survived that, but that doesn't make sense as everyone would be scaling to someone who has shocked them all with sheer strength. Why would Korekyo say that Gonta is strong enough to crush skulls if everyone is in the same tier as him? Circular scaling as I said.

Drop wanking V3 and try to see what makes sense in the story ffs.
Nice.

Looking at the prologue again, it is consistent that everyone gets one-shotted, but everyone always managed to pick themselves up and challenge the DRoD - for hours, if we consider that before everyone entered where the DRoD was at, it was bright and sunny but by the time they left, it was already night.

Getting knocked out and waking up in a word of hurt is one thing, and doing that thing and seeing everybody else was the same and then being able to get up and challenge the thing that knocked you out again and again - is another thing.

That also begs a better question - are all of the obstacles in DRoD cannon or did Tsumugi somehow manage to Flashback Light everyone into thinking that they went through the road or smth? Cages make sense, and pitfalls make a bit of sense, but getting hit by bombs and flamethrowers is just plain weird.

Essentially, this is an odd case of game mechanics and narrative "working together", for lack of a better word.

That also begs a better question - are all of the obstacles in DRoD cannon or did Tsumugi somehow manage to Flashback Light everyone into thinking that they went through the road or smth? Cages make sense, and pitfalls make a bit of sense, but getting hit by bombs and flamethrowers is just plain weird.
It's not that weird by DR standards tbh. Plus we see the bombs and flamethrowers in the electro-hammer re-run, so they're definitely real memories

Looking at the prologue again, it is consistent that everyone gets one-shotted, but everyone always managed to pick themselves up and challenge the DRoD - for hours, if we consider that before everyone entered where the DRoD was at, it was bright and sunny but by the time they left, it was already night.

Getting knocked out and waking up in a word of hurt is one thing, and doing that thing and seeing everybody else was the same and then being able to get up and challenge the thing that knocked you out again and again - is another thing.
After failing, Kaede wakes up after being unconscious for who knows how many hours, with all her body being painful. That's absolutely not how scaling works at all.

But again, you're also asking to make the weakest characters scale to a thing that one-shots the strongest ones in the bunch, and it does not make sense at all, given is circular logic, leading to something like this:

Why is Gonta 9-B?

Coz he's stronger than Shuichi

Why is Shuichi 9-B?

Coz he tanked this bomb

And what can this bomb do?

Explode, knocking uncounscious and painful the cast, whenever is Gonta or Shuichi who are 9-B for taking the bomb

And so on.

The argument of the bomb would rely on something like this, and everyone knows is dumb.

And the bomb thing just supports everyone being around the same level, pretty sure we can scale Shuichi and co to 9-B via being stronger and more durable than K1-B0 (Pretty sure throwing someone isn't the same as punching them, so K1-B0's durability wouldn't scale to Gonta and Tenko)

what if Bomb>Gonta>K1-B0=3.4 megajoule?
The argument of the bomb is still invalid as is legit superior to anyone.

But counting that Tsumugi died easily to something obviously not in the Megajoule range, and K1-B0 is not any better, eh.
And the bomb thing just supports everyone being around the same level, pretty sure we can scale Shuichi and co to 9-B via being stronger and more durable than K1-B0 (Pretty sure throwing someone isn't the same as punching them, so K1-B0's durability wouldn't scale to Gonta and Tenko)
Being thrown against a wall from a car means absorbing all the KE, and K1-B0 crashed against the glass, absorbing all the force. And this is again trying to scale a real weak character to two of the strongest characters physically, which does not make sense.

Nekomaru died from fall damage
PIS
and Gundham got one-shotted by some random wild animals, and they're both 8-A.
Those wild animals were made from Monokuma as he has total control over the simulation, so not an argument.
Also if the bombs can one-shot Gonta and he's hundreds of times stronger than the rest of the cast, how can Shuichi and K1-B0 survive the explosives?
Game mechanics, simple.

So what stops the Tsumugi thing from being PIS?
Literally all I said before ffs.

You're stonwalling rn with unreasonable stuff, which even contradicts you.

Main Danganronpa has much much more feats in Tier 9/8 than V3, and this is why everyone is Tier 9 minimum and not 10-B.

V3 instead has a single feat which is performed from the strongest characters pre-Chapter 6, and applying to someone who is in the same tier of a guy who has issues with small alligators (which was a regular one unlike Monokuma's eh) or is clearly overpowered from one of said strong characters already tells is outlier, or is even surprised from Gonta's power to the point he says that he can crush skulls, making him in the same tier total bs.

The bomb thing does not work either because saying that Shuichi and co scale despite even Gonta gets one-shot from it equals to making every playable character in Mother 2 Low 2-C as they all can tank attacks from Giygas and all are in the same team as Ness, and this is equally as bad as argument.

So, what is more consistent in the story? Istances of them being killed/overpowered/shocked from multiple cases of Tier 9 power or everyone being 9-B coz of a single feat?

Last edited:
Also, shouldn't Ryoma scale to Kaito and the likes if the latter scales to Maki? Given that almost anyone scales to Tenko at this point, and him being left out sounds pretty weird ngl.

The thread seems to have found its conclusion already. I don't think I have anything left to add to the discussion. With that said, I agree with the downgrades. A lot of the things that StrymULTRA said made sense. Just make sure the scaling is correct, and I have no problems with the thread.

Back