• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Accelerated Development Re-Addition (New Evidence)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Previously, Danny's Accelerated Development was removed because the feats used were more akin to Reactive Evolution as I showed on this thread. However, another user brought up some points on whether Danny should regain his Accelerated Development and while the points brought forth weren't too compelling, it did make me decide to go back and see if more evidence could be found.

So let's get to it, first, the description for Accelerated Development...

"Accelerated Development is the ability to raise ones statistics and/or abilities at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to. Users of this ability are able to reap the fruits of their training with far less effort and time than most, with some characters improving their overall power effortlessly."

Now that we know the powers description, let's go on to the evidence...

Vlad's Development vs Danny's Development

I believe the most clear cut showing of Danny having accelerated development is when you compare his growth to that of Vlad's, because it fits this section of the power "raise ones statistics and/or abilities at a much faster pace than a normal character in the setting is able to. Users of this ability are able to reap the fruits of their training with far less effort and time than most"

In season 1, episode "Bitter Reunions", Danny has his first encounter with Vlad. When, Vlad shows off his energy shield and his duplication, he states...

Vlad: "Ha! An ectoplasmic energy blast... So year one. Tell me, child, can you do, this yet!"

Danny: "No, I can't! How are you doing, all this?"

Vlad: "Years of practice."

So we have direct conformation that it took Vlad years to develop and learn how to use all of his ghost powers. However, Danny has displayed that his development is much faster than that.

Development Evidence (Passive)

As Vlad stated, he developed and learned his powers over the course of years through practice and the ectoplasmic energy blast was a year one move. However, Danny required no practice to develop his energy blast.

In season 1, episode "What You Want", Danny naturally developed his energy blast for the first time and it was an accident as shown here (1:23 to 1:49)

As you can see, he required no training and it wasn't in reaction to combat because Desiree wasn't trying to fight him.

It's been shown other times before Danny even started training, he had multiple abilities Vlad had shown. For example, Vlad could break his body down, so could Danny, Vlad could make shields, Danny showed that power in the same episode, Vlad can amp himself, Danny later shows the ability to do the same.

Edit: In less than a year in season 1 alone, Danny (who had less knowledge on ghosts then Vlad and didn't really train until later) was naturally learning his abilities and mastering them without the need of training. A blatant showcase of this is in season 1 episode "Parental Bonding". When not even knowing what Overshadowing (possession) was, Danny accidentally used it on Dash the first time. Yet despite this fact, he perfectly replicated what happened the moment he got home in that same episode.

This is proof that Danny's accelerated development is passive as he naturally developed abilities and these weren't hinted at being achieved by his Reactive Evolution as they weren't shown/stated/hinted to be from combat. This means Danny should have passive accelerated development as it fits it's description...

Passive: The character can train by doing either nothing in particular, only everyday activities or things that they can constantly do at the side during everyday life.

Danny's powers naturally develop outside of combat and he didn't start training until later in the season.

Development Evidence (Training)

Danny has also been shown to develop his abilities quickly through training. In season 1, episode "Maternal Instincts", Danny is finally shown training and attempts duplication, however he cannot properly do it. But later in season 2, episode "Beauty Marked", Danny showed he can properly duplicate himself, and in season 3, episode "Torrent of Terror", Danny could make multiple duplicates using his energy.

This all happened while Danny was still 14, so through training, Danny developed his duplication in less than a year which is much faster than Vlad, who states it took him years of practice to develop and learn how to use his powers.

Conclusion

Danny should regain his Accelerated Development using the new evidence that doesn't involve his Reactive Evolution.

Accelerated Development (Passive & Training; Abilities. Danny has shown to naturally develop his abilities and increase their effectiveness through training in less than a year, compared to Vlad Plasmius, who required years to develop and learn how to use the same abilities)

Thoughts? I don't believe Danny's strength increases through training as all of his showings are visually based around his Reactive Evolution.

Last edited:
But Danny already has Accelerated Development, doesn't he? I remember adding it.
Nevermind I read it properly this time.
Yeah, this thread is to show he has accelerated development, that doesn't use evidence from his Reactive Evolution which are different powers. The previous evidence were showings of him evolving in combat so we need new evidence.

I personally would note his AD happens through Battle as well even if RE is in the profile, but maybe you right and it's redundant.

it's possible
but you can't ignore the fact that on many occasions Accelerated Development is separate from Reactive Evolution but they are still related to each other.
there are many cases in which characters that have Accelerated Development from the beginning and then acquire Reactive Evolution at one point while there are others in which these two abilities go hand in hand
so we could use Accelerated Development as something that demonstrates the abilities that Danny would naturally possess just from his human side
He doesn't seem like a genius like his mother or sister but instead he learns very quickly both in combat and out of it which was shown on some occasions when he learns sign language to communicate with the gorilla or like him alone with a few hours of study, he managed to get an almost perfect qualifying grade without problems, getting 90% of the exam, so it could be said that Danny learns and analyzes new information at a fairly fast pace and then shows how to use what he learned in quite creative ways.
but this was not explored or exploited as much in the series due to the misdirection of the writers by concentrating so much on comedy

I personally would note his AD happens through Battle as well even if RE is in the profile, but maybe you right and it's redundant.
it's possible
but you can't ignore the fact that on many occasions Accelerated Development is separate from Reactive Evolution but they are still related to each other.
there are many cases in which characters that have Accelerated Development from the beginning and then acquire Reactive Evolution at one point while there are others in which these two abilities go hand in hand
so we could use Accelerated Development as something that demonstrates the abilities that Danny would naturally possess just from his human side
He doesn't seem like a genius like his mother or sister but instead he learns very quickly both in combat and out of it which was shown on some occasions when he learns sign language to communicate with the gorilla or like him alone with a few hours of study, he managed to get an almost perfect qualifying grade without problems, getting 90% of the exam, so it could be said that Danny learns and analyzes new information at a fairly fast pace and then shows how to use what he learned in quite creative ways.
but this was not explored or exploited as much in the series due to the misdirection of the writers by concentrating so much on comedy
Well, if it can go in hand with Reactive Evolution, then I guess the Battle type can be added.

Well, this are abilities they can naturally grow to have, it makes perfect sense that a character who doesn't know he can have them would take years to get them via training and a character who sees another of his kind already having the powers can get them in a lesser amount of time via training. It's notable to write somewhere but I don't think this bit is part of a superpower.

Well, this are abilities they can naturally grow to have, it makes perfect sense that a character who doesn't know he can have them would take years to get them via training and a character who sees another of his kind already having the powers can get them in a lesser amount of time via training. It's notable to write somewhere but I don't think this bit is part of a superpower.
What? That doesn't make any sense...

Vlad even before getting his powers new more about ghosts and their abilities than Danny did. He studied them, and despite knowing them it took him years. Danny had yet to see ghosts use an ectoplasmic energy blast or the likes of possession bore he got them but they naturally awaked and despite it had been his first time using or even knowing ghosts could possess people, mastered it and used it on his father as soon as he got home. He had nothing to go off of, meanwhile Vlad did yet it took him far longer than Danny to learn and master his abilities. Danny clearly developed faster than Vlad, despite the knowledge difference.

That's an external factor where there are some things to consider; Did he see ghosts using those powers? If so did he think they were exclusive to individual ghosts rather than something all ghosts had? How much care did he put his training next to Danny? On the latter, he could already rob banks fine while Danny wanted to 1 up Vlad while living as a superhero.

I apologize
If I say something that doesn't make sense, I apologize because I may have expressed myself in the wrong way.
Although I do maintain my opinion that Danny is someone who learns things at a very fast speed.

Vlad had to train to develop his Ghost Powers while Danny developed them without even trying or knowing, plus even if he saw him doing them he never explained him HOW they're done so it would have done diddly squat for Danny.

Danny did train while having in mind that Vlad had an advantage in experience and powers, wanting to catch up and having an idea of the results that would come. If the moments Danny where got his new powers are not technically training that doesn't matter as every time he's a ghost he's making efforts as a superhero.

it would be something like
I gained this power but I still don't have any experience in using it so I have to practice/train in my few free moments to learn how to use them which are off screen
on the other hand there are also the cases of people who learn faster in practice or use fighting as training
but I'm not sure if this would be conclusive here

Hey so I’m a bit late to the conversation. I recalled another piece possible evidence, but please correct me it in wrong

I remember during the Dan Phantom storyline, Danny uses Ghostly Wail on his evil counterpart. After being hit with it, Dan is confused, stating that he didn’t learn that technique until “10 years from now”

Prior to actually interacting with Dan, Danny only ever viewed him perform the Ghostly Wail

Would this be applicable as a case of AD?

If it is considered as having both, could it be accepted that Danny could have both Accelerated Development and Reactive Evolution?

Hi everyone
I apologize for bothering and being insistent but I would like to know what would happen with this discussion and if the proposal that would be made regarding the topic being analyzed would be accepted or denied

Hi everyone
I apologize for bothering and being insistent but I would like to know what would happen with this discussion and if the proposal that would be made regarding the topic being analyzed would be accepted or denied
I'm currently stepping away from Danny Phantom revisions at this time so I have not responded.

I hard disagree with Eficiente as Danny fits the description of the power but I will not be debating for the time being so currently this thread will be inactive until I get back into revisions. I'll re-open this thread when I start things back up again.

Alright, I'm re-opening this.

So far, the arguments against this have had no backing I've provided blatant proof that Danny learned and mastered his abilities at a much faster rate then Vlad. Vlad states it took him years of practice to learn how to use his powers despite having higher knowledge and information on ghosts, not to mention him wanting to use these powers to accumulate wealth and get his revenge. So he has every reason to train hard and make sure he can use the abilities he had.

However! In less than a year in season 1 alone, Danny (who had less knowledge on ghosts then Vlad and didn't really train until later) was naturally learning his abilities and mastering them without the need of training. A blatant showcase of this is in season 1 episode "Parental Bonding". When not even knowing what Overshadowing (possession) was, Danny accidentally used it on Dash the first time. Yet despite this fact, he perfectly replicated what happened the moment he got home in that same episode.

So that is proof that without practicing or knowing what he did. Danny learned and perfectly used possession on his very next attempt without training. This shouldn't even be a debate given the evidence I've provided in the OP and above. It fits our Accelerated Development standards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back