• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante (Devil May Cry 5) vs Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne)

IMO it would throw things off if I just say "He starts out with a party of demons" and noone knows wtf he starts out with lmao

Idk if any of the demons make a difference now that I think about it, unless its like, the late game demons.

Yeah under VSBW rules their debuffs or status ailments can't apply to Dante

Heck, none of these demons actually solve Demi-Fiend's problems at all

No defense buffs, no offense debuffs, Cu has Sukukaja but just one stack probably wouldn't stop Dante from hitting him for any more than a second.

Yeah all they're good for is being a momentary distraction but due to Dante sensing power level that won't happen either

All right, I updated the demons DF uses in the battle so that they give DF more useful hax at his disposal. I forget if DF has 4 demons in a single party at once, if he doesn't then I'll just axe Cu.

Last edited:
It's 3 demons+himself on a team

You really should play Nocturne and gain this information for yourself it is a good game

... And again, Loki doesn't have any buffs or debuffs (at least, in his Nocturne incarnation and not accounting for passed skills in fusion), and shadow is more towards Endgame considering you'd probably get him by the tower of Kagatsuhi, by which point you're already more than capable of fighting the likes of Metatron.

So like

Well, okay, let's just skip the rifraf and just say, he has a team of demons with various buffs and debuffs, War Cry, Rakukaja, all that.

Even if Dante is debuffed to the max, the scaling chain on him is like, what

DMC 5 Dante at the end=Vergil>>>Urizen Pos-Fruit>Urizen Pre-Fruit>>>DMC 5 Dante at start=>DMC 4 Dante>DMC 2 Dante>>>Void Mundus>>Mundus=Argosax, Despair Embodied>>>Argosax the Chaos=Low 2-C feat with a very large universe

so like, assuming they can scrape out survival via liberal use of buffs and debuffs, that's still just, mostly survival, and if Dante decides to go Devil Trigger they're probably going to be dying off anyways. Attack Mirrors may help a little bit, but, it's mostly just delaying the inevitable when the AP gap is several layers of people stomping people vs just reversing a single stomp.

I think if the Demi-Fiend's winning it's gonna be through status effects. I mean there's gotta be something he doesn't resist.

I've been scanning through Dante's resistances, and it seems the only status effect he doesn't resist is sleep lmao

I also updated OP AGAIN to just describe that the demons he has use status effect attacks and buffs

I mean even then, what do they actually do while Dante is asleep?

If they try to focus into a heavy hitting physical attack, they'll probably do some good damage but he'll Regen it off and wake right back up. They could buff and debuff to the max, but, again, the gap is way too big overall on everything save speed, which would still be countered by just using devil trigger.

I'm not entirely sure what that's from or if it applies here but if it does h

Yeah kinda, Demi Fiend just can't do anything but delay seeing that game over screen for the 70th time this playthrough

I suppose the match could be changed to an earlier Dante with lower AP

Just keep in mind that DT is a 10x multiplier to strength, so I don't think there's a single key in which Dante doesn't one-shot with DT

Isn't DMC 1 Dante only tier 2 with his devil trigger? Maybe that could work idk

I don't know, but if we need to go THIS far in order to make the match even remotely fair, it's probably not worth doing in the first place

the problem is that dmc1 Sparda DT dante is basically 2 times the baseline in the best of cases, so it would be a stomp in favor of Demi-fiend

I was actually expecting Demi Fiend to win against Dante yet again, because of the amount of sheer hax present in Shin Megami Tensei that all of the protags and even demons have been shown of no selling, and having that being thrown at Dante. I guess Dante having all of the stuff that actually makes him him really does make a difference, compared to when he fought Demi Fiend in Nocturne.

I can't help but feel sorry for Demi Fiend if he ever finds and fights Vergil...

Also I can't help but wonder why tf all of my big matchups have ended up being stomps. First Doom Slayer vs Ichigo and now this...

Last edited:
Honestly SMT's hax is absolutely nowhere near impressive as the profiles try to make it out to be

If you read the profiles you'd probably think Almighty attacks were absolute, all powerful blasts that will kill anything without good defensive hax

When really it just boils down to resistance, absorption, and attack reflection negation.

Not to mention some of the stuff on the demon physiology page is wanked but

Yeah, someone like Dante can absolutely kill Demi-Fiend via just killing them

... I will admit, up to this point I have forgotten about observation but we barely have a frame of reference to how much observation does to depower opponents heck all it does to YHVH is send him into a somehow harder phase of his boss fighfight lol but yeah

Isn't it kinda weird that all demons, even crummy, weak ones have immortality but this powerful half-demon doesn't?

Demi Fiend already fought that Dante, I made this match specifically because Shin Megami Tensei was downgraded from 2-C to Low 2-C, and because canon Dante is Low 2-C.
Yeah, I was joking. Though, technically this Demi-Fiend has never fought Dante, since we use the canon version, AKA the Raidou one.

Isn't it kinda weird that all demons, even crummy, weak ones have immortality but this powerful half-demon doesn't?
Well, the whole point of Lucifer's tests were to see if he was worthy of immortality, him fighting the fiends was him repeatedly conquering death and scrapping away from his end at nearly every turn. Honestly it's my personal explaination for why the hard mode tutorial in particular is so unrelentingly brutal. Chaos doesn't joke around with it's ideology man, it's sink or swim till you get to the 6th kalpa.

Back