• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I genuinely have thought up matchups in my dreams before, that stuff is crazy. I think one of them was Guillotine from Marvel somehow just beating the life out of half the Justice League, which apparently could work, because that sword has Captain America shield scaling, and she literally fights a Venomized Hulk at one point. Plus she can... summon ghosts? This character's crazy.
Really? That's pretty funny.

Modern VS absolutely lost its senses and now everything is getting way too strong for the dopamine lusting monkey brains we humans have. VSW itself just voted to "actually Tier 1 works differently now teehee" like what do you MEAN it works differently now?

Blame DBS Goku or even DB too, but honestly in some way Fire Emblem Reddit community has better grasp on how characters are actually portrayed than most of us here.

Modern VS debaters are just "but the chart says"-guy from Nostalgia Critic.

Modern VS absolutely lost its senses and now everything is getting way too strong for the dopamine lusting monkey brains we humans have. VSW itself just voted to "actually Tier 1 works differently now teehee" like what do you MEAN it works differently now?

Blame DBS Goku or even DB too, but honestly in some way Fire Emblem Reddit community has better grasp on how characters are actually portrayed than most of us here.

Ok.

What are y'alls opinions when it comes to sexy character designs in video games? Should there be more of it or less?
It all boils down to actual gameplay experience - good looking characters are good and all, but a profit making game is for gamers to actually pay for it.

What are y'alls opinions when it comes to sexy character designs in video games? Should there be more of it or less?

I'm guessing the timing of this question with Stellar Blade's release isn't a coincidence.

Point I'll make, though, is simply to give people options. Massive Melee Mythra should have been the spark that made people realise this, and everyone has just kinda waddled past that fact.

The chart just serve to give a quick and easily way to categorize characters in their respective tier/levels.

And usually people actually explain why a certain character its on that tier, they don't just slap the tier and nothing else.

Beside that, there is a reason why the stats trinity of Speed, Strength and Durability its always brought up no matter who its fighting.

Unless there are other factors that can trully alter the outcome, a physical confrontation will always come down to who its the tougher, faster and/or stronger.

Real life work too, your typical martial artist isn't going to do shit again a tank.

Which is why those who keep trying to sell Batman or other street level characters win simply by skill and such gotta comprehend that you can be talented all you want at that, you aint gonna do shit if the opponent physically is outdoing you

While some verses get wanked and such, i would rather take that over lowball that others used to do before and not like they stopped doing that these days either, the era of debating in 2018-2019 and before it as well is basically taking in consideration just feats and ignoring anything else or going by the popular opinion others have on a character power cuz they say so

See, in theory that should be the case, I too would take some wank over lowballing, even if I prefer the latter, because sometimes people just downplay characters too much for no reason.

But Modern VS is so astronomically wanked that the olden days of downplay are unironically more accurate than some of the wank used nowadays.

VS in general has a lot of asterisks that are ignored, but purely unquestionable VS logic is likely impossible sadly.

i wouldnt consider the lowball from back then more accurate, when you had people use game mechanics or balancing in them as reasons for not being powerful, aka kratos struggling with chests or dante being shot by bullets and impaled by swords as counters for being even at low levels of power

Let alone the fact that you cant use statements and lore, author word and so on, you wouldnt rather have restrictions and double standards or freedom and fairness?

Back