• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deleting inactive and banned members from verse page lists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I've already been removing banned members from various verse pages whenever I see them, since it only seems to be common sense that being banned means they cannot be relied on for help on the wiki.

As for inactive members, I'm fine with either option proposed. If they're removed, and eventually come back, then they can add themselves back. Same with being labeled as inactive, as they can just remove it when they feel they can be around for the time being. For personal preference, I suppose I would choose the latter option, since they'd still be able to show their support for their favorite verses despite not contributing anymore.

I do not mind if we label member who have been missing for over a year as "(Inactive)" to the right of their usernames, instead of removing them entirely. However, if they have been missing for over 2 years, I still think that they should be removed.

Also, members who are banned for a rather limited period of time should probably also remain.

Listing them as inactive as well seems fine.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Maybe we should list members banned for less than a year as "inactive" or "unavailable" or something like that?
That's too much work for very little gain if you keep in mind the number of verse pages and knowledgeable members list you'll have to edit everytime someone is banned and unbanned, or goes inactive for 3 months and then comes back.

The foremost focus of the wiki should be on removing those people who have left the wiki (either inactive for over a year or permabanned). And then if you guys personally want to list temporarily banned or temporarily inactive members as such, then there's really no problem with me.

I agree with @Abstractions. Users that haven't been banned should simply be labelled as inactive in the lists, because just not being on the list anymore doesn't discount their knowledge of the verse.

If it's only for several months, I think it might be better to just list them as inactive. If it's for years, that might be removal worthy, unless they're someone with revolutionary stuff in their contributions. But I'd say it's optional. Permabanned users and those with disabled accounts should be removed for sure.

Should we create a new thread to deal with this project, or should people just got their removals here?

@Damage3245

A new organised project thread is probably best.

I was hoping that an Admin or Bureaucrat could make the project thread.

I don't see why that should be the case when everyone has pretty much agreed to it.

Also, in case anybody is considering it, I think this project should be open to anyone willing to contribute rather than just staff members.

I didn't mean that staff members would be the only ones involved; but hopefully that a staff member would create the thread where people can post about removed users from verse pages.

Since Ant did say that a new project thread would be best.

Wasn't exactly referring to you, just wanted to say that as a general note for everyone involved.

You can create such a thread if you wish Damage. I always appreciate help, since I am very distracted and overworked, so it is harder for me to focus properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back