• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does the existence of a 4 dimensional object prove a timeline is 5D?

I hate dimensional shenanigans so I'm pretty bad at this in general.

My question is basically this:
Let's say a series shows the existence of a physical 4 dimensional object. Since a 4 dimensional object can't exist in a 3 dimensional space, would this prove that the space in that verse has 4 dimensions?
Furthermore, since space would have 4 dimensions, would that mean the timeline/spacetime would be a 5 dimensional construct (4D of space +1D of time)?

Let's say a series shows the existence of a physical 4 dimensional object. Since a 4 dimensional object can't exist in a 3 dimensional space, would this prove that the space in that verse has 4 dimensions?
four-dimensional beings can partially exist in three-dimensional spaces with only a cross section of their existence. That's why we usually assume that's what's going on.

four-dimensional beings can partially exist in three-dimensional spaces with only a cross section of their existence.
Wouldn't that still require the verse itself to have at least 4 spatial dimensions besides time?
That's why we usually assume that's what's going on.
What if the 4 dimensional object specifically serves as a gateway between 2 or more different realms/dimensions?

Wouldn't that still require the verse itself to have at least 4 spatial dimensions besides time?

What if the 4 dimensional object specifically serves as a gateway between 2 or more different realms/dimensions?
In order for a 4-dimensional being to exist in the universe, it is sufficient to have 3 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension. In other words, the presence of a 4d entity in the universe or cosmology does not mean that the universe/cosmology is 5d.

In order for a 4-dimensional being to exist in the universe, it is sufficient to have 3 spatial dimensions and 1 temporal dimension. In other words, the presence of a 4d entity in the universe or cosmology does not mean that the universe/cosmology is 5d.
How? How does a character who's 2 meters tall exist in a universe without the concept of height…?

Furthermore, since space would have 4 dimensions, would that mean the timeline/spacetime would be a 5 dimensional construct (4D of space +1D of time)?
No

A 4 dimensional being can exist in a 3D space by lowering its dimensionality

If you remove a Spatial Dimension from an object, it very much loses 1 Dimension and thus is no longer the same Dimensionality as before.

That's like saying a cube in a drawing is 3 Dimensional, it's not. The best thing you can do represent its shape from a 2-D perspective.

If you remove a Spatial Dimension from an object, it very much loses 1 Dimension and thus is no longer the same Dimensionality as before.

That's like saying a cube in a drawing is 3 Dimensional, it's not. The best thing you can do represent its shape from a 2-D perspective.
Ye and his real self will still maintains its 4D status, he just downscaled his dimensionality to interact in a 3D structure

I hate dimensional shenanigans so I'm pretty bad at this in general.

That would apply if a 4D structure contains 2 time axis or in short Hypertimelines like Dragon Balls verse have
Another way of reaching 5D is if X object views a 4D structure as fiction, and fills the R>F requirements

Because the existance of a 4D Object ≠ There is a higher dimensional space above 4D existing in a verse
But the existence of a 4D object should mean there are 4 spatial axis, meaning a spacetime/timeline would be 5 dimensional right? How else could there be 4 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time

But the existence of a 4D object should mean there are 4 spatial axis, meaning a spacetime/timeline would be 5 dimensional right? How else could there be 4 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time
It simply implies that 4D object exists in a 4D space, or in short, he exists in a higher dimensional space then the 3D spaces. The object's true self would have to exists in a space higher dimensional space then a 4D space to affirm a 5D space exists in the verse.

In short, this is the situation of the 4D object according to what your question:
image.png

It simply implies that 4D object exists in a 4D space, or in short, he exists in a higher dimensional space then the 3D spaces. The object's true self would have to exists in a space higher dimensional space then a 4D space to affirm a 5D space exists in the verse.

In short, this is the situation of the 4D object according to what your question:
image.png
Sure but wouldn't this then again mean than a timeline that fully contains this 4D object would be 5 dimensional?

Sure but wouldn't this then again mean than a timeline that fully contains this 4D object would be 5 dimensional?
Ah I think I get what you mean now
Merely encompassing a 4D construct can still cap you at 4D, you'd need to prove the timeline encompass 4D AND is a higher dimensional space of nature

Ah I think I get what you mean now
Merely encompassing a 4D construct can still cap you at 4D, you'd need to prove the timeline encompass 4D AND is a higher dimensional space of nature
Hmm but shouldn't scaling above the verse in general still be 5D regardless then?
Assuming the timeline itself is only 4D (3D of space and 1D of time) but there is a 4th spatial dimension since somewhere a 4D physical construct exists, that would still mean 5 dimensions in total exit as the 4th dimension would be completely different for both constructs right?

Hmm but shouldn't scaling above the verse in general still be 5D regardless then?
Assuming the timeline itself is only 4D (3D of space and 1D of time) but there is a 4th spatial dimension since somewhere a 4D physical construct exists, that would still mean 5 dimensions in total exit as the 4th dimension would be completely different for both constructs right?
there are 4 sizes in total

If by 4D you mean the person has 4 spatial dimensions without taking into consideration a time axis, then yes the universe would have to be also to support a 4d space, however that doesn't mean that the 4d space is tierable

The person could come from a 4d space the size of a solar system

The universe would still be L2c

If by 4D you mean the person has 4 spatial dimensions without taking into consideration a time axis, then yes the universe would have to be also to support a 4d space, however that doesn't mean that the 4d space is tierable

The person could come from a 4d space the size of a solar system

The universe would still be L2c
I'm not sure I understand. Why exactly would the size of the 4th dimension matter?

I'm not sure I understand. Why exactly would the size of the 4th dimension matter?
If the 4th dimension is spatial AKA 4 dimensions of space rather 3D space + 1D time dimension, then the 4th spatial dimension must be of significant size (at least universal) to be tiered on the wiki.

If the 4th dimension is spatial AKA 4 dimensions of space rather 3D space + 1D time dimension, then the 4th spatial dimension must be of significant size (at least universal) to be tiered on the wiki.
Why? What exactly is significant size?

How can a "dimension" even have a size? An object can have size in a certain dimension (like being 2 meters tall) but how does the dimension itself (like height) have its own "size"?

If a true physical 4-dimensional object exists in a 3-dimensional space
you have to consider reasons as to why is that. sometimes they are compacted in a way that their outer layer does not truly reflect the full size of their inner size. which is where it means it could mean the space is compacted to exist in such space. a 4 dimensional object being compacted may also mean funny fiction thing so unless there are other reasons to believe that the universe can contain a 4D object without assistance or any other reasons such as plot-related things
then we cannot simply assume 5D that quick

Also about size
if it's not of significant size
it's like putting your leg through a piece of paper with a hole
the circumference of your legs is limited so sometimes the paper can encircle your entire leg. now imagine it being way smaller like 2cm and such
although the leg has a height that is still large a splice of it is still within a paper due to how small its other measurements are.
so if it is not of significant size as per our requirement (universal in size) it cannot be assumed to be low 2-C or higher tiers unless otherwise shown to still exhibit traits that would make you assume otherwise

If a true physical 4-dimensional object exists in a 3-dimensional space
you have to consider reasons as to why is that. sometimes they are compacted in a way that their outer layer does not truly reflect the full size of their inner size. which is where it means it could mean the space is compacted to exist in such space. a 4 dimensional object being compacted may also mean funny fiction thing so unless there are other reasons to believe that the universe can contain a 4D object without assistance or any other reasons such as plot-related things
then we cannot simply assume 5D that quick
What you're talking about is like imagining the universe as a box and talking about whether the 4d object exist within the box completely or partially.
But I'm not referring to the box itself. I'm talking about everything what's in and out of the box in general being 5 dimensional (since at least 4 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time exist)

What you're talking about is like imagining the universe as a box and talking about whether the 4d object exist within the box completely or partially.
But I'm not referring to the box itself. I'm talking about everything what's in and out of the box in general being 5 dimensional (since at least 4 dimensions of space and 1 dimension of time exist)
Ye but again, based on your info, there isn't enough evidence prove a 5D space exists, it just seems like the 4D guy comes from a higher dimensional space that encompass the 3D beings (that Higher Dimensional Space being 4D). Could u give more infos on how the object is 4D and how the encompassing stuff work ?

I gave you an example on how they cannot be 5 dimensional as a whole cause you gave a vague situation without much context.

So if you want direct answer. No it is not unless further context or info about it is given to believe so

Depends

By default time is 4 dimensional thing, if we have 4 dimensional space, i think it just mean more thing in 4 dimensional plane

And 4D object can exist in 3D space. Well just a little of

Back