• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extraordinary Genius Combat Intelligence

I've seen quite a few characters popping up such as Mash, Kenshiro & Karate Kid who all possess EG Combat Intelligence. So what feats/standard is required to obtain such a rating because I doubt we can use the "surpass the upper limit of real world humans" that a general EG rating would require as most character with a Genius combat rating already do this

Looking at the description for eg

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals whose knowledge spreads over multiple fields of science and who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits. At this level, many are capable of creating extremely advanced futuristic technology, executing complex strategies even under high pressure, outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

The three things I bolded would be things to account for in combat. Specifically fields of science in combat would be the way the body functions, the limits of the body, and more commonly styles of combat.

Executing complex strats under high pressure I would look to characters like Minato having to save the village from Kurama, figure out counters to Kamui while knowing whats at stake, setting up numerous kunais in advantageous positions. The war arc overall though for the high tiers at least would be good examples.

Predicting the future would be characters like Aizen though I would say his prediction are more about understanding emotions and behavior still should be fine.

This does bring up the issue though that eg needs to be updated with a more detailed description for how one can obtain it since a lot of characters would fall under it and that ends up devaluing its significance.

and more commonly styles of combat.

Also how many martial arts should be mastered to obtain this rating?, what about those who can create entirely new forms of combat mid-fight/short amount of time

How would experience factor into it, as it is heavily sited on several combat geniuses profiles.

Also how many martial arts should be mastered to obtain this rating?, what about those who can create entirely new forms of combat mid-fight/short amount of time
Maybe five? Not sure but ten seems also good. And yeah creating new forms mid combat would be good I think

How would experience factor into it, as it is heavily sited on several combat geniuses profiles.
Experience can be misunderstood with time lived so if you see character pages with "lived for x years" then I would ignore it. Though characters where they've spent most their lives fighting like Goku or Naruto I'd think its good evidence of their intelligence but it still shouldn't be taken as a factor.

Extraordinary Genius: Individuals [...] who vastly surpass the real world's upper human limits.
Karate Kid can make earthquakes just by hitting the ground's pressure points

That's surpassing the real world's upper limits, methinks

on a godly level, yes, perhaps beyond the real world's upper human limits, even

and no it's literally just knowing how to affect materials with strikes, it makes no sense but that's his main mechanic

INT is probably the most difficult to pin down on a single area, considering there are entirely different fields of study regarding different intelligences and inherent ways of learning.

So then it has to do with knowing materials, not strikes.
Halfway correct, that would be an Info Analysis feat, aka skill. Being capable of affecting something incredibly tough with your strikes, even with in-depth knowledge of their structure, requires skill of its own, so it's both

Halfway correct, that would be an Info Analysis feat, aka skill. Being capable of affecting something incredibly tough with your strikes, even with in-depth knowledge of their structure, requires skill of its own, so it's both
Yeah I just wouldn't say its combat intelligence is all.

idk what to say, it's part of his combat training, it's a skill that rotates entirely around combat for him, and it's something he uses in combat a lot, i think it is

idk what to say, it's part of his combat training, it's a skill that rotates entirely around combat for him, and it's something he uses in combat a lot, i think it is
It's applying science to combat, that's the main difference. Also reading the comic, his kick is strong enough, that's a greater reason he's capable of doing this, not because did this through scientific skill alone. I mean the comic even explains he does it through counter vibrations.

If you read the actual profile and not just the scan you would know the energy he outputs is primarily reliant on precision, not sheer AP, and in fact he is only rated as 8-C in terms of physical strength. I don't know what kind of mindset it takes to see an allegedly normal human being shattering planet-sized chains, putting Superman in a joint lock, making earthquakes with kicks and hitting the pressure points of energy constructs all through his training and going "yeah these aren't skill feats, it's just science" but I don't have a reason to spend much more time convincing you otherwise.

Back