• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eyeless Jack CRT

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Three things really

1) Remove the split between his teeth/claws and the rest of his physicals. Claws and teeth are literally a part of his body, why would we assume they're not just his regular AP?
Only IRL animal pages do this kind of split because we want to show how IRL there is a difference between claws vs blunt hits. Otherwise, unless there are feats for it we'd just assume 9-C all around

2) Change durability to 9-C since Eyeless Jack does all his killing physically, so we'd assume Newton's Third Law applies here.

3) Change his standard equipment to "None notable" because his claws and teeth are his body, you're not equipped with your arm.

Three things really

1) Remove the split between his teeth/claws and the rest of his physicals. Claws and teeth are literally a part of his body, why would we assume they're not just his regular AP?
Only IRL animal pages do this kind of split because we want to show how IRL there is a difference between claws vs blunt hits. Otherwise, unless there are feats for it we'd just assume 9-C all around
I mean, having claws makes cutting stuff a lot easier. Tearing through one's chest is def 9-C anyways, though. It's a Class 5 feat, in fact.

Everything else seems good.

I mean, having claws makes cutting stuff a lot easier. Tearing through one's chest is def 9-C anyways, though. It's a Class 5 feat, in fact.
Well until this is added to the reference to common feats I probably can't do that rip
Also either way we don't treat claws like that, same way we don't say bullets are actually way higher tier due to surface area letting them hurt people above 9-C

Well until this is added to the reference to common feats I probably can't do that rip
I asked for it to be added, nobody even acknowledged me. Honestly go ahead IMO, I've seen calcs done for a verse be added for other verses when they're general enough to fit

Well when I can apply the CRT I'll slap Class 5 LS too sure

Hi, I'm the guy who made the profile.
I originally thought of putting it at 9-C generally, but considering I've seen profiles where claws and teeth are considered superior to punches because of the whole piercing damage thing and such, I left it as "10-B, 9-C with claws and teeth." Additionally, Mitch kicked him in the face, apparently doing him notable damage, as Mitch had enough time to escape the house before Jack got back up.
3) Change his standard equipment to "None notable" because his claws and teeth are his body, you're not equipped with your arm.
I thought natural weaponry should be added to standard equipment.

Hi, I'm the guy who made the profile.

I originally thought of putting it at 9-C generally, but considering I've seen profiles where claws and teeth are considered superior to punches because of the whole piercing damage thing and such, I left it as "10-B, 9-C with claws and teeth."
Again they're just his body, plus ripping someone's chest open would not really be done with just claws so
Additionally, Mitch kicked him in the face, apparently doing him notable damage, as Mitch had enough time to escape the house before Jack got back up.
That sounds like either an outlier or that Jack has shit durability, does he have anything else for durability?
I thought natural weaponry should be added to standard equipment.
No, it should not

Again they're just his body, plus ripping someone's chest open would not really be done with just claws so
The animals' teeth are also part of their body and in their profiles it still says "higher with piercing damage." Also, I suppose that if it is possible, he would just have to tear the ribs with his claws until they are destroyed and it is easier to remove them, or something like that.
That sounds like either an outlier or that Jack has shit durability
Well, to me it sounds like Jack is only 9-C with his teeth and claws because they are pointy things and probably sharp, his teeth were even compared to those of a shark by the author. Also, in that part of the story, Jack had lunged at Mitch and was trying to cut his chest, meaning that Mitch should have had Jack on him, so he had to have freed himself from him and then kicked him in the face, saying that Jack is 10-B physically and only 9-C with his claws makes more sense than thinking that Jack could tear apart someone who escaped from him so easily with his bare hands.
"After the picture took, the creature lunged at me and tried to claw open my chest to get to my lungs. I stopped it by kicking it in the face. As I ran out of my room, I grabbed my wallet. I would need the money. I ran out of my brother's house into the night. I eventually ended up in the woods near Edwin's house and tripped on a rock." - fragment of the story
, does he have anything else for durability?
The author says that it is twice as durable as a normal human.

The animals' teeth are also part of their body and in their profiles it still says "higher with piercing damage." Also, I suppose that if it is possible, he would just have to tear the ribs with his claws until they are destroyed and it is easier to remove them, or something like that.
Did you just gloss over how in my OP I said "IRL animal pages use different standards" ?
Well, to me it sounds like Jack is only 9-C with his teeth and claws because they are pointy things and probably sharp, his teeth were even compared to those of a shark by the author. Also, in that part of the story, Jack had lunged at Mitch and was trying to cut his chest, meaning that Mitch should have had Jack on him, so he had to have freed himself from him and then kicked him in the face, saying that Jack is 10-B physically and only 9-C with his claws makes more sense than thinking that Jack could tear apart someone who escaped from him so easily with his bare hands.
Kicking him off would not really disprove 9-C, that would be if anything against Class 5 or Jack having 9-C durability

I think off what we have it makes more sense to give Jack 9-C AP and 10-A durability due to his apparent frailty

In the story, the protagonist kicks him and runs away, we don't know if he got knocked out or simply gave up chase, the latter of which is actually a fairly common slasher trope

Well if we don't know what his state was after the kick it can't really be used against durability then
So 9-C all around can still be a thing

Back