• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fanfiction Recommendations

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
It'd be an understatement to say that I LOVE reading, which is part of the reason why I've stuck with this site for almost a year now. That said, I'm also a fan of all sorts of manga, anime, video games, and comic books, which is why I enjoy reading fanfiction once in a while.

So I thought, "Why not find what everyone else likes to read?"

So, what fanfics did you guys really like? I'd appreciate it if you could leave a link along with the title (I might find something new to enjoy!). Remember, keep it clean, this site has standards.

Here are some of my favorites:

God Slaying Blade Works by Marcus Galen Sands: A very detailed Fate/Stay Night/Campione! Crossover. The setting is rich and detailed and the author tries to do something with Shirou's presence rather than rehash the plot of the Campione! series outright.

Innocence and Experience by redgrass-and-silvertrees: The single best Young Justice/Pre-New 52 Damian Crossover IMO. It has its flaws, occasional grammar errors and an almost entirely angst-driven plot, but the fact that it's original and fresh by trying to canon weld Damins's Pre-New 52 backstory to the Young Justice timeline makes it a great read.

Fragments of Chaldea by GhostXavier: A really fun series of Fate/Grand Order one-shots that manage to be funny and memorable amongst the deluge of constant modern-day shipping fics that surround it. Definitely recommended for die-hard Type-Moon lovers (looking at you Kamiyasha and Alakabaam).

Type-Moon T-Moon Complex : A sadly unfinished doujinshi that is probably one the best Fate/Stay Night/Tsukihime crossover I've read, with fast pacing and a solid plot. Follows the events of /Hollow Ataraxia

The Message by Lina Darkstar: My god! Something that isn't Type-Moon related! As a Mega Man fan, this one-shot is just so emotional that I can't help but love it. It won't make much sense to those who are unacquainted with the timeline, but it's just so heartwarming and tear jerking if you are.

I've got more, but l guess I shouldn't make this post longer than it already is (not that it will matter if no one reads it). So if you have read it, thanks, and I hope you enjoy the stories I posted. Remember to leave a review for the authors if it's still going.

Sorry for my tastes but these are my recommendations.

RWBY

Professor Arc(Or any story of Cour Al Aran really; A story where Jaune's enrollment documents made him overqualified to be a student) - Ongoing

Not This Time Fate(Another Cour story where Jaune is faced with a Re:Zero-esque Semblance) - Ongoing

Just a Few Pointers (A story where Jaune asks Weiss something other than going out on a date; White Knight) - Ongoing

NARUTO

Ninja of Unlimited Blades (Crossover with Fate Stay Night obviously, where Shirou grew up under Zabuza's tutelage and Haku's watchful eye) - Ongoing

A Ninja's Parents (Crossover with Sword Art Online; Short and rather weird but oddly satisfying) - Finished

The Mating Frenzy (In which Godaime Hokage, Tsunade attempts to resolve Konoha's weakened state) - Ongoing

FATE STAY NIGHT

From Fake Dreams (A story where Kiritsugu had visions of the future) - Ongoing

Shinji Doesn't Care (A story where Shinji is pushed to the point of being apathetic to everything) - Finished

Unlimited Badass Works (A story where the red Counter Guardian shows the reason for the creation for the word, GAR) - Finished

Illyasviel von Einzbern's School of Combat and Magic (Crossover with Danmachi; Ilya and a few others becomes a beacon of knowledge) - Ongoing

Contractual Obligations (A story where Alaya sends her favorite miserable Counter Guardian in red on a mission / vacation; Extremely well-researched for a fanfic) - Ongoing

The Lucid Berserker (Crossover with Naruto; Ilya tried summoning the greatest hero of the Greeks, what she got was a lucid, blonde man) - Ongoing

A Different Path (Crossover with Sword Art Online; In which a sword summons a swordsman) - Finished // Has 3 different endings

SWORD ART ONLINE

Aincrad's Landing (Crossover with Log Horizon where Aincrad's flying castle fell in a river) - Finished

So He Thought He Had Game (Sinon demonstrates how to turn someone down) - Finished

Swords of the Living Dead (A twist to the original game where they are instead fighting through hordes of zombies; Kirinon) - Hiatus

Halkegenia Online (A supercrossover with Zero no Tsukaima; In which an entire kingdom of flying elves gets summoned into Halkegenia; This would be among the best crossovers for Zero no Tsukaima imo) Part 2and Part 3of the supercrossover.

GRIMGAR OF FANTASY AND ASHES

Grimgal of Fantasy and Schizoprenia (An OC main with voices inside his head) - Hiatus

HIGHSCHOOL DXD

A Demon Lord's Hero(The best DXD crossover there is; Crossover with Fate Stay Night) - Ongoing

Devil Arts Online (Kirito gets reincarnated into Rias' peerage) - Ongoing

A Gamer's Guide to the Underworld (Crossover with Highschool DXD; Kirito is reincarnated into a devil under the leadership of an unlikely person) - Ongoing

Through the World Door (Crossover with Zero no Tsukaima; In which Saito from a version of ZnT that did not play for laughs his tortures gets to return to his own world) - Hiatus

MUSHOKU TENSEI

The First Listed Mushoku Tensei Fanfictio (The first listed Mushoku Tensei Fanfiction) - Ongoing

GAMES

The History of Lighthalze (RAGNAROK ONLINE; The founding of the flying city and how a key group of people were connected to it) - Hiatus

Emperor Through The Gates (ELDER SCROLLS; Crossover with GATE; Finally, he can find the exciting adventure he has longed for) - Ongoing

Back