• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

"I wonder which of their carbonforms is truly the mightiest."

It seems like Mark Waid is wasting his time being angry at the powerscaling community for engaging in a harmless hobby again, and is doing what he usually does, i.e. invent an extremely exaggerated, distorted, demonised, and dehumanised malevolent straw man caricature, while imagining or proclaiming himself as the most moral person who ever lived, and projecting all forms of toxic entitlement on the audience, while largely ignoring that of many writers, who tend to have enormously more of a negative cultural impact.

I have rather enjoyed some of Waid's stories, and we do share an appreciation for Superman at his best, and positive forms of heroic ideals, but I do find some of Waid's blindsidedly self-righteous, dishonest, and meanspirited personality traits annoying.

That said, fan behaviour genuinely can get very toxic and intolerant, and I definitely dislike amoral power-madness, if that is all that Waid is aiming for. Our staff has at least tried our best to keep this community as well-behaved and considerate as possible though.
funny thing is
its set in the past so whatever hes trying to complain about is probably already fixed in universe
and the powerscaling thing well
the characters are currently super strong and i dont think anything he does in worlds finest is gonna make them any weaker currently

That said, fan behaviour genuinely can get very toxic and intolerant, and I definitely dislike amoral power-madness, if that is all that Waid is aiming for. Our staff has at least tried our best to keep this community as well-behaved and considerate as possible though.
I mean yeah, DC power scaling has become so toxic that it's one of the few verses I've seen its fandom develop some sort of identity politics.

So, hot take, more proof that average Kryptonians and Daxamites are far below Superman and company

During the Imperiex War, 100,000 Daxamites were empowered by the Yellow Sun AND using Kryptonian War Suits got wrecked by a single Imperiex Probe

Superman was able to beat one when he stopped holding back, was later able to beat a second and as we all know, when his limits went off, was oneshotting them with ease.
It’s not a question that Superman is far above average Kryptonians and Daxamites.

Back