• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War General CRT V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planck69

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Introduction

Another round of revisions, additions, and removals. This one is pretty small so let's get into it.

Removals

• Abstract Existence (Type 2) from Greek Godhood. While the Greek deities have a very intrinsic connection to their domains and embody it to a degree, the lack of conditional existence and immortality based on said domains makes this shaky.
  • Conceptual Absorption (Type 1) from Kratos' God of War key. It's based on him absorbing Thanatos and substantiated by a frankly, flimsy statement. He already has this listed in an earlier key so it's redundant.

Additions

Tiering Adjustment

To be frank, the High 6-A low-end for Kratos' Demigod key.... can honestly go. It's a feat performed by other characters that he solidly scales above, said feat merely being the swinging of a weapon. As opposed to the 4-A end having two feats from characters that he kills directly and a supporting 4-B feat from them at that. While I acknowledge the other reason for it being there (the lack of sureness regarding the feats being creation feats), the reasoning felt rather flimsy after giving it further thought.

Agree: 14 (DarkDragonMedeus, Elizhaa, LordGriffin1000, KingTempest, Theglassman12, KLOL506, Eseseso, Pepsimanslover_69, Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara, chosen, LuffyRuffy46307, BlastX, Excellence616)

Disagree: 0

Neutral: 0

Last edited:
Looks fine with me, never really understood why Kratos needed to have the Redeemed warrior stats there when he fights the furies in the first place.

All seems fine, But I think Gods should get Resistance to Curse manipulation as well, as Gods can't affect their piers who are more powerful or equal to them, Athena incapable of affecting water boy or no scope god. Which would explain the narrative problems that would arise (why didn't Athena Curse Ares as an example)

All seems fine, But I think Gods should get Resistance to Curse manipulation as well, as Gods can't affect their piers who are more powerful or equal to them, Athena incapable of affecting water boy or no scope god. Which would explain the narrative problems that would arise (why didn't Athena Curse Ares as an example)
Gods can curse each other, rare as it may be. Poseidon threatened to make Ares share Sysiphus curse, and Gaia cursed her entire lineage.

I get that, my main problem with that was the narrative showcasing God's can't use it to those equal to them or more powerful, Athena's precog showcasing she can't do shit to Ares or Poseiden, Or Gods not just dealing with Titains like that in GOW3.

But since Gaia apparently can use it on literally everybody I guess I'm going to have to live with that. I guess I can argue it's specific to her but since Kratos was cursed with Immortality by the other Gods there's no way around it.

Contrary to popular belief, gods aren't necessarily immune to weaker divine beings.

Morpheus is nothing to even Helios yet he put the entirety of the Olympians to sleep forcefully. Athena could seal Hope and Zeus could seal the Great Evils, etc.

Yeah I’ve brought this up specifically with Poseidon, commentaries from Barlog and others outright state Athena can do absolutely nothing to Poseidon

Yeah I’ve brought this up specifically with Poseidon, commentaries from Barlog and others outright state Athena can do absolutely nothing to Poseidon
Can you provide the links to those? Because wee even got some guidebook confirmation that Athena could also do absolutely nothing to Kratos in terms of power nulling him.

This has been unanimously accepted so I suppose I'll get to editing.

Just so y'all know, only Kratos and Zeus would retain AE2 because of Hope and Fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back