• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Honestly, all the Gods should have had genius ratings regarding their domains, With maybe Athena having Extraordinary genius as her domain is basically Intelligence.

Imagine how confused everybody is when they Poseidon has Genius regarding the ocean:Knows all things regarding his domain, that being the sea.

I think the latter. He still held hope and some sense of decency for his family, if nothing else. But every time he held hope for things to get better, they got worse, until he went mad and lost all reason.

As for the inability to forget, that did directly contribute but for all his faults, Zeus was right that simply forgetting your past didn't mean that it never happened or you could be absolved of it.

What would be good evidence for Kratos being a genius?
In a panel with the other team members, one of the long time developers Jason McDonald literally used the word genius to describe Kratos for solving the puzzles that he does. Especially considering that Kratos would not have the pulled back camera vantage point that us the players would.

Remember that reality bending puzzle in Hera's garden in GoW3? It switched up perspectives similar to the famous M.C. Escher artwork with all twisted stair cases.

And yet kratos was still able to escape the garden on his own, with no problem. He very casually solved that puzzle, wasnt even pressed after he finished.

In a panel with the other team members, one of the long time developers Jason McDonald literally used the word genius to describe Kratos for solving the puzzles that he does. Especially considering that Kratos would not have the pulled back camera vantage point that us the players would.

Remember that reality bending puzzle in Hera's garden in GoW3? It switched up perspectives similar to the famous M.C. Escher artwork with all twisted stair cases.

And yet kratos was still able to escape the garden on his own, with no problem. He very casually solved that puzzle, wasnt even pressed after he finished.
Kratos Intellect

Nah, that's not it. It wasn't the raising Kratos documentary and it wasn't a statement by Matt Sophos (who is the lead writer).

It was Jason McDonald, the og Lead Combat Designer who explicitly called Kratos a genius and it was during a panel with other Santa Monica devs onstage too. I believe it was at a convention, possibly Comic Con. I'll try to find it.

Hey, real fast, I saw that GV's match with Kratos was removed from his profile

So I'm wondering like... why so? I know that Kratos's tier has changed but, the match was deemed inconclusive because Gunvolt can Time Travel- so I don't see why this should be removed even if it was a match where H6A variants were used since it was a hax battle more than a stat battle
Even with the tier difference put aside, there have been a lot of changes since then to the general verse abilities. It's moreso that the revision was when I noticed it was still up and decided to finally remove it.

GoW in general had some major revisions plus the fight was balanced since Kratos was a glass cannon at that point, not anymore with the new buffs.
fair enough, guess I'll remove the incon on my side too- im gonna assume the changes defend against time travel

(nooo my incon streak)

That match is so old that Kratos was still a 4-D smurf and didn't have innate CM Type 1 applied to him and the verse. Even with Time Travel, it could go very differently (since survivability was a big part of Gunvolt's argument at the time). So we can't just leave it up at that point.

That match is so old that Kratos was still a 4-D smurf and didn't have innate CM Type 1 applied to him and the verse. Even with Time Travel, it could go very differently (since survivability was a big part of Gunvolt's argument at the time). So we can't just leave it up at that point.
dw about it, i found it in the Power of the Fates section for resistances thx

Back