• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Griffith Vs Thorffin(0-0-1)

Hiiilt

They/Them
Rules
Human Griffith is being used.
Speed Equalized.
Both have their standard equipment.
Starting Distance: 15 Meters.

Results:Votes
"A dream, It's something you do for yourself, not for others"
"Just how much longer will it take... When, if ever, will I truly be able to change to a better person..."
Inconclusive

CrackerVolley​

Last edited:
In the middle of the fight, Thorfinn will scan how strong Griffith is and then he will think of a way to defeat him.

Looking at the two, it somewhat feels like a coinflip type of matchup. As mentioned, Griffith has better skill while Thorfinn has a better combat speed. This unintentionally compliments their weapons as Griffith would be able to keep the latter at bay with the saber's longer range, while Thorfinn has the capacity to evade or parry before shanking him. And while Griffith can further place distance due to his acrobatics, Thorfinn could simply just chuck a throwing knife at him. I'm also unsure if pain tolerance would be a defining factor since both feats were measures of long term endurance instead of powering through something mid-combat.

As previously mentioned, it does seem like a coinflip-esque match up, so I'm going to vote inconclusive.

Looking at the two, it somewhat feels like a coinflip type of matchup. As mentioned, Griffith has better skill while Thorfinn has a better combat speed. This unintentionally compliments their weapons as Griffith would be able to keep the latter at bay with the saber's longer range, while Thorfinn has the capacity to evade or parry before shanking him. And while Griffith can further place distance due to his acrobatics, Thorfinn could simply just chuck a throwing knife at him. I'm also unsure if pain tolerance would be a defining factor since both feats were measures of long term endurance instead of powering through something mid-combat.

As previously mentioned, it does seem like a coinflip-esque match up, so I'm going to vote inconclusive.
Counted!

This is post-farm Thorfinn, so he doesn't use knives. Thorfinn does however have good feats of keeping up with other prodigal fighters who had the advantage of reach and bladed weaponry (namely Garm), though they weren't the same manner of calm, collected, and calculating fighter that Griffith is. In terms of overall mindset and strats, I'd say Griffith is akin to Askeladd, who Thorfinn (albeit as a rash teenager) never managed to best. However, Throfinn is a far superior fighter to how he was due to his attitude shift and added experience, so Griffith isn't gonna dogwalk him the way Askeladd did, even with Griffith being in his prime compared to Askeladd being middle-aged.
Also, Thorfinn has better combat-applicable stamina feats, such as being able to swim across a river to flee from Thorkell after getting his ribs smashed against the ground by him, and again when he continued to fight Thorkell after regaining consciousness from being kicked 40 meters straight up by him, despite (again) shattering multiple ribs and essentially having to have his arm put back on by Askeladd. In terms of staying power, I give it to Thorfinn.
To sum up my thoughts, I'm not at all certain that Thorfinn can get in range, given Griffith's skill. But if he does, and it goes to the ground the way the first fight between Guts and Griffith did, Griffith is absolutely boned because unarmed combat is Thorfinn's strongest skill and Griffith is not securing that submission hold the way he did against Guts' basic brawling

Back