• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
God i WISH

But hey, more skill wank is always a good thing
image.png

We got a new trailer for the Titan Dogoo spin-off overnight.

As cool as them using the models for the cutscenes is, they're definitely doing this because it's a budget thing. So I doubt it'll remain for long. Just like how they didn't do the models in cutscenes until Virtual Stars after mk2 did it.

7 more days, y'all. . .7 more days and we'll be blessed with GMR:E. Which also means 7 more days until I'm burdened with more revisions (fun)

Hell yeah, brother. Genuinely excited to play this game in English; I had a fun time in the Japanese version, and even though I couldn't understand pretty much anything being said, the voice acting was superb and makes me even more curious what they're actually saying.

I've just finished the game.

Damn, that was actually pretty fun.

Gameplay-wise, it's a pretty big improvement from Sisters. Combat feels better, the bike is an awesome addition for faster dungeon travel, and the little minigames (the races and time attacks) are fun distractions that don't waste your time before getting back to the main gameplay. They even added a neat puzzle in the temple dungeon that's actually a brain teaser, unlike the "puzzles" from Sisters.

Character-wise, I'm honestly on the fence about it. On one hand, I loved every new character that they added. The Failure Goddesses are awesome and cute, having fun interactions with Big Nep and the others, and the Copy Trio were hilarious and reminded me a lot of Steamax and Affimojas. F-Sha is a nice addition too, though I'm not as keen on her. But on the other hand, I also felt the same way with SVS, where all of the new characters were pretty great and a breath of fresh air, and having them tie into emotional drama and character development (i.e. Maho and Anri) makes them a lot more favorable for me. Lideo is still a great character though, and Pipi's Japanese voice actor fuсking killed it.

Story-wise, Sisters hands down takes it. As much as I love Neptunia chaos and hijinks, I can't deny that a truly well-written and emotionally gripping narrative triumphs over a more lighthearted, casual story that's not as focused on the emotion, drama, or character development. Now, that's not to say I didn't feel engaged with Game Maker's story, however, I didn't feel as much weight or narrative drive behind this one as it was more focused on the fun, silliness, and chaos. I much prefer a story that has me really empathize and attached to the characters' writing than a story that tries to make me laugh (which it did, admittedly) from its absurdity.

Honestly, at the moment, I think Game Maker and Sisters are equal in quality in my eyes. The gameplay is a pretty big step-up from Sisters, however, I'm a bit more in a gray area with the characters, and the story in Sisters blows Game Maker out the water, for my money. I enjoyed both experiences though, and I really hope that CH/IF bring back the Failure Goddesses again. They're a fantastic set of characters that I would love to see make a comeback, especially if they were to meet the Hyper Dimension versions of the veteran cast.

Back