• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hypertimeline Low 1-C question

So, since reading a blog that states that DB shows that time is continuous on a multiversal scale, I'd like to ask about this one scenario:

• Let's say you go to the past, and deliver an object to your past self.
  • That object is going to change the future in 10 days your past self's time.
  • You go back, and you yourself also has to wait 10 days for the change to occur.
Let's also say we have other evidence of a multiverse and multiple timelines.
Would that prove that there is an overarching 5D timeline?

This should clear your mind

So, since reading a blog that states that DB shows that time is continuous on a multiversal scale, I'd like to ask about this one scenario:

• Let's say you go to the past, and deliver an object to your past self.
  • That object is going to change the future in 10 days your past self's time.
  • You go back, and you yourself also has to wait 10 days for the change to occur.
Let's also say we have other evidence of a multiverse and multiple timelines.
Would that prove that there is an overarching 5D timeline?
Seems like weird time travel in-verse stuff but it does suggest and can be used as supporting evidence for existence of higher time dimension but not enough on its own, DB has a lot more than enough stuff for dat.

No, because you physically went to your own past in this scenario.
I don't understand, but if the changed happened in the same past, the effects should happen immediately for your present self's perspective. Yet, it took my past self 10 days to make the change, and in my time I had to wait the same 10 days.

Wouldn't that prove that time is a constant in a multiversal scale?

If there was evidence that my past self, by the consequences of time travel, was actually in a parallel world instead of the true same-timeline past self, wouldn't that 10 day consistency between both timelines prove there's a hypertimeline at play?

That is just... time travel.
Yes...
And I'm asking...
By the mechanics behind the time travel...
If it's proof there is a higher time dimension...

Because...
Time is flowing at the same speed in both timelines...
Regardless of the fact...
Each timeline...
Is independent...
and has it's own...
Space-Time...

Wouldn't that prove that time is a constant in a multiversal scale?
It proves you made a branched timeline. For time travel to involve a hyper timeline you would need to prove that you're travelling to seperate timestreams entirely. The fact that the character traveled to their own past would negate it.

parallel world instead of the true same-timeline past self, wouldn't that 10 day consistency between both timelines prove there's a hypertimeline at play?
That could prove a hyper timeline, maybe. Since you're time travel is going to a previous version of the timestream. The fact that stuff in that other timestream can effect the main one however, would imply that they share the same temporal axis. Which discounts a hypertimeline.

It proves you made a branched timeline. For time travel to involve a hyper timeline you would need to prove that you're travelling to seperate timestreams entirely. The fact that the character traveled to their own past would negate it.

That could prove a hyper timeline, maybe. Since you're time travel is going to a previous version of the timestream. The fact that stuff in that other timestream can effect the main one however, would imply that they share the same temporal axis. Which discounts a hypertimeline.
Thank you very much for your answers, it helped me understand a bit more about how it all works.

To be clear, if there is alternative evidence that each timestream is independent, it would still prove it, correct?

The object in question given to your "past self" is an object that will cause a change in the whole multiverse, as it plays a role in a battle involving all timelines. Would that explain the contradiction?

it would still prove it, correct?
Maybe. Seperate space-times =/= seperate temporal axis. You have to prove that two functionally different time axis would be needed for the cosmology to work, which is difficult to prove.

The object in question given to your "past self" is an object that will cause a change in the whole multiverse, as it plays a role in a battle involving all timelines. Would that explain the contradiction?
Yeah, it just means a single axis would be sufficient for the box to work.

Back