• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I have developed a comprehensive timeline of HOSTLESS because I have no life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
HOSTLESS appears to have first made contact with the JBW sphere on April 29, 2018, though like many, MANY other entities present currently in the wiki, he most likely is far more ancient by an indeterminate amount. He either originates from the Noneverse or is the creator of it. Or both.

At some point HOSTLESS became entangled in a conflict known as the Paradox, a catastrophic event caused by the converging of many beings of a similar level to himself that nearly destroyed the wiki and all of reality. However, while inside the Paradox, he formed an unlikely friendship with another powerful being, Daniel, and proceeded to plot their escape as well the destruction of the reality crime they had committed. Along with a myriad of other powerful beings, they forged The Overpowered Characters of Joke Battles Wiki Alliance and erased the Paradox.

The group became properly formalized not too long after, and they presumably hanged out in King's apartment, drinking and playing video games while engaging in occasional fights with other beings and even each other.

However, upon one fateful day, HOSTLESS, either through sheer arrogance or boredom (or both) decided to fight a handicapped match against many powerful beings, including his teammates. HOSTLESS was ultimately slain in battle as expected, though upon his death, Theodore Roosevelt personally offered him training in the Badass-sphere, which he accepted. Through several gajilion years of training (read: about a month and a half) and beating and absorbing a unknowable Glitch, HOSTLESS ascended into NIGHTMARE HOSTLESS, whereupon Roosevelt deemed further training unnecessary and sent him back down to the Mortal Plane (or well, as mortal as you can get with someone like HOSTLESS).

Depending on the interpretation of certain prophecies, HOSTLESS, along with several other members of the TOCOJBWA, will either be slain by or defeat Crimson Khorne, an extra-dimensional entity of pure evil, in the future, as either a reformed group known as the The Neo Overpowered Alliance or simply some variation of the already existing TOCOJBWA. However, conflicting interpretations also present other mysterious entities such as The Evil Itself or HATE as potential candidates for the role of Khornic Destroyer, or perhaps even all three at the same time, leaving the fate of HOSTLESS and his compatriots uknowable at this current time.

Christian Higdon said:
Never expected this to happen, but yes, this is his timeline.
Yeah, gotta imagine it would be weird to have created a character for funsies that eventually becomes (semi-)serious enough for weirdo losers on the Internet to from actual cohesive narratives around him.

Yeah, honestly, when creating HOSTLESS, i felt that it was a no-win scenario, and i still do. If i made him too OP, people would make him the template for most verses (like they are now), but if he was too weak, the recognition he would have now wouldn't be. I didn't feel like it would be that popular.

Also, a timeline on how the beast was made, this was going to originally be HOSTLESS. Then i said to myself "Eh, i'll save it for another day." Then i made the first design. A dark red version of Twisted Freddy, which didn't seem too bad. Problem was that red is a tad bit overused for scary characters. Though, we know what happened then.

So, i used a dark tone of purple, and it actually looked a bit terrifying. I put up the picture, and made the page. It caught the spam virus a few days later, but then it became one that is beyond. A veteran fighter.

MaxForward said:
Can you make a timeline like this, but with Daniel instead of HOSTLESS?
I would, but I can't for three main reasons:

Number 1: Writing this much about what is basically a glorified OC has already made me question my sanity. You can imagine what doing it for two would do to me.

Number 2: I don't really like Daniel's profile. I used to see both him and HOSTLESS as just two other drab Godmodes. HOSTLESS has grown on me, maybe because he is based on something I regard as nostalgic of a time where critical thought was nonexistent, but Daniel has not.

Number 3 and the most important of all: Their stories are just too similar in layout. Contact with JBW, Paradox, TOCOJBWA, Khorne/TEI/HATE/all of the above. Removed the bit about dying and becoming Roosevelt's apprentice and you basically got the History of Daniel (why am I making so many DBZ references as of late?)

Christian Higdon said:
HOSTLESS grew on you that way? I need a bigger explanation.
Probably the quality images and the fact that its actually funny

FNAF was one of the first things to really induce my, shall we say, "frenzy period". Essentially me being obsessed with a particular media for a month or two. However, as I got older, I started to see all the many, maaaaaaany holes in it, but still, it has some nostalgic value.

HOSTLESS also straight up has a lot more lore than many other Godmodes, that is to say anything is an improvement over nothing, but still, it feels as if it brings an air of authenticity to him.

I also like that once in a while you do admit that he loses, that alone puts him miles above a ton of other characters that become joyless, worthless husks by constantly repeating "CaNnOt LoSe" over and over again.

Ok maybe not funny, but better than "BEYOND THE CONCEPT OF (insert literally anything)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back