• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

InuYasha Fate and Reality Manipulation + more

Setsuna

Fate Manipulation
45a8f822694a2aa276b2073134893e72.jpg

During the series, Setsuna gains the power to slice the threads of fate. Allowing her to prevent others' death or tethering connections to others destiny.
(If you're familiar with Black Clover's Red Threads of Fate, well she's able to cut those things.)
This power is used a lot during the 2 seasons, which is why i'm assuming her page never got updated.
Looks good.

Naraku

A lot of these concepts are on his page in terms of feats, but no tags or anything, so i'm confused here. Anyways what about Reality warping?​

Reality Manipulation: idk why he doesn't have it. He matches pretty much a good chunk of our examples. (Resurrection, Spatial manipulation*needs to be added too*, cause an entire chain of events to playout after death via jewel, resisted hax anti-regeneration)

Spatial Manipulation: I've noticed he didn't have this on his page even though he's done so inside his body. The size of it is much larger than the outside of it.

2847438dccd38a105a3cad2f2950497a.png
b29592bbe72da3e45481735d098ac6f6.png

Perception Manipulation: Created illusions that prevented others from seeing each other.
f1a6e69b2537e929615acd9321c4b841.png

9e5a7e6eb800a89772b110a216464c39.png
Seems fine at a glance.

Causality Manipulation (Via Jewel)
Not that well versed with Causality Manip so no idea what to make of this.

Resistance to Power Nullification: Took hits from Bakusaiga and hiraikotsu (both preventing regeneration), and he still regenerated.

The first scan would be almost a nullification of some sort. That the jewel has performed on everyone's behalf. They all should be dead, but the effects are being ignored.

9493fae032a407e4927aa42fec2ff3a1.png
Looks fine at a glance.

Event Manipulation: The second is a series of events that were setup via jewel will. The slash on Kagome didn't do anything. But later, it activates after Naraku's death. Meidou zangetsuha is then changed to open into the jewel rather the underworld.

a38c6aa8cab9e27ab91ed5495d7a9e84.png
We don't have Event Manipulation, that being said, I have no idea what this would amount to, perhaps ask a few more staff about it?

Empathic Manipulation: Turn one of the most powerful monks in the series into a minion.
Source and scan needed.

Minor Update​

Inuyasha has soul and mind manipulation resistance. Without the sword.
He can soul manipulate via Dragon Scale. Locking spirits in his Aura.
Seems fine.

Kirinmaru (Forgot to add this on the page) He is able to grab his daughter's soul and chain it down into an object.
Soul Manipulation
Scan needed.

Sesshomaru,Setsuna,Towa,Moroha, Kikyo/Kagome and Inuyasha are missing: Non-Physical Interaction

All of them have fought beings not of this world at one point. Sesshomaru killed the guardian of death.
Towa, Setsuna, And Moroha either have killed barriers of death or fought spirits
The all also have Illusion resistance. Only Naraku has put everyone in a greater one after every other power-up. Only his EOS form had the greatest Illusion spell.
Seems fine, as long as you get all the relevant scans.

I already commented thinking it looks good mostly, and KLOL's thoughts are more or less the same as mine.

I, too, am basically in line with KLOL's opinions here.

Although I must add that with Event Manipulation, after looking both the proposition here, as well the Powerlisting page, which describes it as "The ability to manipulate past, present, or future events," that seems to be Causality and/or Fate Manipulation. Unsure of the nuances of this, but this is my take on it.

@KLOL506 @Starter_Pack @DarkDragonMedeus
Scans and sources updated. (Organized a lot better so you can read what section is which)

Everything during the Causality part outside of the Empath manipulation is all about supporting that said power. All of it was ultimately leading as evidence as to what he could do.

It looks good now but I don't see scans or evidence of how the Shikon Jewel manipulates Causality.

It looks good now but I don't see scans or evidence of how the Shikon Jewel manipulates Causality.
Event manipulation is causality manipulation, we don't have the ability, but it is causality according to our standards.

Causality has a subset of powers and abilities. Naraku has shown most of them.
How exactly do you define causality?

84873e71b71441b830b9a6c997a430aa.png

How exactly do you define causality?
It is primarily defined as the influence by which an event, process, state or an object (A cause) contributes to the production of another event, process, state or an object (Effect).

As per our Causality Manipulation page:

"The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely, making a specific effect impossible to be caused or a specific cause not producing any effect.

This allows one to achieve virtually anything by redirecting the selected cause to the desired effect. A finger snap that normally causes sound and kinetic force could instead cause a sun explosion or a massive resurrection. The user could also instantly erase anything from existence, by making its existence the cause of its own nonexistence. Another possibility is the instant rewriting of a whole reality, by making Reality X (the current reality) the cause of Reality Y (a tailor-made one).

At a high level, the user would be able to rewrite the laws of causality as a whole, essentially playing God."

I am unable to determine which parts of these Naraku has fulfilled, and it will require smarter minds than mine.

It is primarily defined as the influence by which an event, process, state or an object (A cause) contributes to the production of another event, process, state or an object (Effect).

As per our Causality Manipulation page:

"The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely, making a specific effect impossible to be caused or a specific cause not producing any effect.

This allows one to achieve virtually anything by redirecting the selected cause to the desired effect. A finger snap that normally causes sound and kinetic force could instead cause a sun explosion or a massive resurrection. The user could also instantly erase anything from existence, by making its existence the cause of its own nonexistence. Another possibility is the instant rewriting of a whole reality, by making Reality X (the current reality) the cause of Reality Y (a tailor-made one).

At a high level, the user would be able to rewrite the laws of causality as a whole, essentially playing God."

I am unable to determine which parts of these Naraku has fulfilled, and it will require smarter minds than mine.
Basically, a form of reality manipulation and or fate manipulation to be exact. The power to change the cause and or effect of an (Event/Person/or Objective) manipulation. It's only hard to understand because we're so vague with the meaning of it.

In my list of examples, Naraku does exactly most of these things. Ultimately the jewel's power is to change fate and reality. Causality is just the sub-power of those things.

Causality powers normally allow you to: Negate powers, probability(fate), and change events.

Basically, a form of reality manipulation and or fate manipulation to be exact. The power to change the cause and or effect of an (Event/Person/or Objective) manipulation. It's only hard to understand because we're so vague with the meaning of it.

In my list of examples, Naraku does exactly most of these things. Ultimately the jewel's power is to change fate and reality. Causality is just the sub-power of those things.

Causality powers normally allow you to: Negate powers, probability(fate), and change events.
Hmmmmmmmm.

Im curious to ask if Kagome should possess similar abilities to Kikyo besides her spiritual powers, like Matter Manipulation

Back