• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the layering system in naruto correct?

Screenshot_20231226-210613_Chrome.png

because of this scaling, there are those who take 10 layers for naruto verse

1. now in verse x there is one mind mania with 100000 power, in verse y there are 4 mind manias with 1000,900,80,50 power.In verse y the mind mani with 1000 power gets 4 layers, in verse x the mind mani with 100000 power does not get layers. normally the mind mani in verse x is stronger but the mind mani in verse y is considered stronger than the mind mani in verse x. isn't this wrong?

1. now in verse x there is one mind mania with 100000 power, in verse y there are 4 mind manias with 1000,900,80,50 power.In verse y the mind mani with 1000 power gets 4 layers, in verse x the mind mani with 100000 power does not get layers. normally the mind mani in verse x is stronger but the mind mani in verse y is considered stronger than the mind mani in verse x. isn't this wrong?
Most verses don't have the Dragon ball scanners to tell how much power they have, so how can you say verse x has 1000000 power if you only know that verse x has mind manipulation? Powers themselves can also get a sort of tier to them for example Marvel on this wiki has tier 1 mind manipulation that doesn't grant tier 1 in AP. Is the case with Naruto how do you know Sasuke's sharingan has 1000 of power? All you can do is layers to it

Screenshot_20231226-210613_Chrome.png

because of this scaling, there are those who take 10 layers for naruto verse

What? A layered about is an ability that overcome resistance to said hax. If X can resist mind manipulation and Y can successfully use mind manipulation on X then Ys mind manipulation worked through the resistances, making it "layered". This is exactly how genjutsu in Naruto is shown to work. Best example would be Mukai completely resisting Itachis 3t genjutsu but then getting affected by Shisuis MS genjutsu.

I don’t really understand what do you mean by "power" in this case.

What? A layered about is an ability that overcome resistance to said hax. If X can resist mind manipulation and Y can successfully use mind manipulation on X then Ys mind manipulation worked through the resistances, making it "layered". This is exactly how genjutsu in Naruto is shown to work. Best example would be Mukai completely resisting Itachis 3t genjutsu but then getting affected by Shisuis MS genjutsu.

I'm assuming by power he means a situation in a verse where you had a Tsukyome level mind manipulation but because there is no mind reistance it would be considered not layered so inferior to 3T genjutsu

Most verses don't have the Dragon ball scanners to tell how much power they have, so how can you say verse x has 1000000 power if you only know that verse x has mind manipulation? Powers themselves can also get a sort of tier to them for example Marvel on this wiki has tier 1 mind manipulation that doesn't grant tier 1 in AP. Is the case with Naruto how do you know Sasuke's sharingan has 1000 of power? All you can do is layers to it
This is just an illustration, isn't it necessary to break 10 different resistances to get 10 layers and how many people it affects, how big its impact is?

impact level

I'm assuming by power he means a situation in a verse where you had a Tsukyome level mind manipulation but because there is no mind reistance it would be considered not layered so inferior to 3T genjutsu
This is just an illustration, isn't it necessary to break 10 different resistances to get 10 layers and how many people it affects, how big its impact is?
impact level
That's understandable but not how resistances work. Layers don't determine "impact" on the affected but who it can affect.

Let's say X can completely manipulate the mind of 1000 people to such an extent they don't even realize it.
Now Y can only affect 1 person and only make them want to dance.
You would say that X has a much better mind manipulation than Y. But now let's say X tries to use his mind manipulation on someone with baseline resistance and fails. This means his mind manip has 0 layers.
Then Y tries to use his ability on someone who has shown to completely resist mind manipulation in the past and it works. This would mean he has layered mind manipulation.

This means that while getting hit by Xs mind manipulation would be more dangerous, it would be easier to avoid, while getting hit with Ys mind manipulation would be barely an inconvenience, it would be harder to avoid.

That's understandable but not how resistances work. Layers don't determine "impact" on the affected but who it can affect.

Let's say X can completely manipulate the mind of 1000 people to such an extent they don't even realize it.
Now Y can only affect 1 person and only make them want to dance.
You would say that X has a much better mind manipulation than Y. But now let's say X tries to use his mind manipulation on someone with baseline resistance and fails. This means his mind manip has 0 layers.
Then Y tries to use his ability on someone who has shown to completely resist mind manipulation in the past and it works. This would mean he has layered mind manipulation.

This means that while getting hit by Xs mind manipulation would be more dangerous, it would be easier to avoid, while getting hit with Ys mind manipulation would be barely an inconvenience, it would be harder to avoid.
I don't know much about naruto verse, but there is a question I want to ask, does each of these genjutsu break resistance, for example, is there a place where someone who can resist mugen tsukiyomi can't resist sasuke's genjutsu?

I don't know much about naruto verse, but there is a question I want to ask, does each of these genjutsu break resistance, for example, is there a place where someone who can resist mugen tsukiyomi can't resist sasuke's genjutsu?
Yes, but it's usually not directly shown on screen. The thing is that 9/10 times, when someone can resist their opponents genjutsu the opponent knows it and simply won't use genjutsu preserve chakra.

Especially high level genjutsu like Tsukuyomi which are very chakra tasking.

Yes, but it's usually not directly shown on screen. The thing is that 9/10 times, when someone can resist their opponents genjutsu the opponent knows it and simply won't use genjutsu preserve chakra.

Especially high level genjutsu like Tsukuyomi which are very chakra tasking.
Can you name someone who can resist tsukiyomi but not kotaamatsukami?
why are these genjutsu not stratified according to the people whose resistance they break, instead of stratifying them like this?

So6p Users can resist Infinite Tsukuyomi for example Hamura and Hagoromo,Sasuke's Genjutsu is known as the most powerful genjutsu This puts it above IT

Hebi Sasuke.

I'm not sure what exactly are you asking
And I want to ask you something, for example, in the dragon ball verse there is a mind manipulation like infinite tsukiyomi that keeps you in the dream world forever, they have the same effect, and in the dragon ball verse there is no other mind manipulation, now there are 5 other mind manipulations that are inferior to the infinite tsukiyomi in the naruto verse, and it gets tiered as superior to them, and is the infinite tsukiyomi in the naruto verse considered superior to the mind manipulation in the dragon ball verse even though their effects are the same?

Ve size bir şey sormak istiyorum, örneğin Dragon Ball ayetinde sizi sonsuza kadar rüya aleminde tutan sonsuz tsukiyomi gibi bir zihin manipülasyonu var, aynı etkiye sahipler ve Dragon Ball ayetinde başka bir zihin yok manipülasyon, şimdi naruto ayetindeki sonsuz tsukiyomi'den daha düşük olan 5 zihin manipülasyonu daha var ve onlardan üstün olarak kademelendiriliyor ve naruto ayetindeki sonsuz tsukiyomi, dragon ball ayetindeki zihin manipülasyonundan daha üstün kabul ediliyor etkileri aynı olmasına rağmen mi?
can you answer the question @DavidTPPM

translate opens at the top right so I mistakenly typed another language, edited sorry
No problem
And I want to ask you something, for example, in the dragon ball verse there is a mind manipulation like infinite tsukiyomi that keeps you in the dream world forever, they have the same effect, and in the dragon ball verse there is no other mind manipulation, now there are 5 other mind manipulations that are inferior to the infinite tsukiyomi in the naruto verse, and it gets tiered as superior to them, and is the infinite tsukiyomi in the naruto verse considered superior to the mind manipulation in the dragon ball verse even though their effects are the same?
It's the same thing as I explained. The effects are not what decides who it can affect. It just decides how the person gets affected.

So the potency of the genjutsu is superior even tho the effects themselves are the same.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Hax It says here that for mind manipulation it is important how it works
What's important is how the hax works with resistance to said hax. For example
In GoH when someone resists mind manipulation they are completely unaffected as if it didn't even exist. But in Naruto, people usually still get put under the genjutsu and can break out of it. Meaning while in one verse characters resist mind manipulation completely passively, in Naruto mind manipulation usually gets resisted consciously and actively.

For example, Danzo can resist Sasukes genjutsu. But for that he needs to notice it. Meaning when Sasuke used genjutsu that Danzo didn't notice, he didn't resist it because he didn't know he was under one.

What's important is how the hax works with resistance to said hax. For example
In GoH when someone resists mind manipulation they are completely unaffected as if it didn't even exist. But in Naruto, people usually still get put under the genjutsu and can break out of it. Meaning while in one verse characters resist mind manipulation completely passively, in Naruto mind manipulation usually gets resisted consciously and actively.

For example, Danzo can resist Sasukes genjutsu. But for that he needs to notice it. Meaning when Sasuke used genjutsu that Danzo didn't notice, he didn't resist it because he didn't know he was under one.
is this layering accepted in the crossverse

Back