• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Island-Level One-Hit Wonders (Trina Riffin vs Megumin)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so I was gonna hold this off because I've made one too many threads over the last week, but dangit! Curiosity's really taking its toll on me here! Okay, so here's the deal. We have Trina Riffin, a teenager with a hair trigger temper, pitted against Megumin, a wizard who only uses an explosion spell that makes her get drunk and pass out if she uses it just once. I did a little more research on Trina just to see how long Trina will need before she can enter Diary Mode again.

The only episode I got a recharging time for Trina's Diary Mode (the time Trina needs before she can use Diary Mode again after having used it) in was the two-part episode "Here Us, Rock!" There, it shows that Trina would need around 15 minutes before she can enter Diary Mode again (given it was specifically stated that Grojband was given only five minutes of astronaut training and the time of day both Diary Mode fits happen was the same). As for Megumin, I've no idea how long Megumin needs to recharge after straight-up passing out from an explosion considering help is usually around when she does it.

That aside, here are the terms.

1. This is 6-C Trina vs 6-C Megumin

2. Speed is equalized.

That aside, considering Megumin's explosion spell involves a spoken word while Trina's actions involve writing a diary entry within a crazy fast time frame, well, I looked up how fast speech and handwriting is respectively. Speech normally goes for 120 to 150 words per minute in a conversation while writing normally goes for 68 characters (approximately 13 words per minute), yet going off an actual diary entry from Trina (https://grojband.fandom.com/wiki/Entry_4987:_My_Secret_Fear_and_Junk ), which had 56 words written in it, Trina's handwriting speed is at least 168 words per minute, meaning Trina's writing is 1.12 to 1.4x faster than human speech.

AP's a little out-of-the way, of course. Trina's AP is make-or-break in this match, with a range from 14 to 46.8 Gigatons, but she can get right back up (albeit back into her base form) after pulling that off. Megumin has an AP of 59.3 Gigatons, which, depending on what end is used for Trina, can either utterly nail her or get treated like a punch to the chest (Low regen doesn't give bonus points to anyone; least that's my guess). But either way, Megumin would still pass out immediately afterwards. Essentially we're pitting a 14-47G character who can still get up from her own attack agaist a 59G wizard who passes out from her own attack.

Without further ado, here are their profiles.:

Trina's Profile

Megumin's Profile

Which of these one-hit wonders (essentially, characters who can only land a single hit on his/her target) takes the cake here?

Diary Mode Trina About to Attack
When you see that look on her face, chances are you're going to die.

Konosuba Megumin (Render)
Trina Riffin: 0
Megumin: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Bumping this one. This is the only match where either character would see each other as fair game, so... Might as well get this out there

Back