• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kengan-verse revision(3'rd attempt)

Overall, I agree.

Though about who scales and stuff is the real problem here. Kuroki should be comparable to Shen Wulong in terms of speed considering the fact that he could content with him, even though it was short. Gaoh Mukaku too (probably since I don’t remember his feat that well).

Overall, I agree.

Though about who scales and stuff is the real problem here. Kuroki should be comparable to Shen Wulong in terms of speed considering the fact that he could content with him, even though it was short. Gaoh Mukaku too (probably since I don’t remember his feat that well).
None of them scale because they fought against a frivolous Shen who didn't even try

Kuroki's non-seriousness and Shen's non-seriousness are completely different things.
Kuroki didn't give it his all, but he admitted his helplessness and intended to kill.

Shen did not use any techniques at all, relying only on his strength, I would be completely relaxed.

Kuroki used the Devil Spear, his main weapon. Shen used one hand slap and one kick.

Kuroki's non-seriousness and Shen's non-seriousness are completely different things.
Kuroki didn't give it his all, but he admitted his helplessness and intended to kill.
Yes, but that doesn’t deny the fact that none of them gave it their all + people should scale to Mikazuchi’s feat in other ways.

Yes, but that doesn’t deny the fact that none of them gave it their all + people should scale to Mikazuchi’s feat in other ways.
Doesn't matter if they gave it their all or not. If I spar with a 10 year old and I throw a punch which they dodge, would they be relative to me at full power because we were both holding back?
We don't know what degree each character is holding back so we can't scale them to each other based on the fact they are both holding back.

I also don't know what you mean by "people should scale to Mikazuchi’s feat in other ways." Rei was explicitly faster then anyone he fought, including Kuroki.
Kuroki straight up admits that he couldn't even see him during the fight.
No one in the KAT scales to Rei.

Last edited:
i dun really care about the speed ones beyond stating the infamous "Kuroki had to train to use Pre-Initiative to block an 800m/s bullet"
AP ones i have issues with though. i left comments on them.
Wasn't he blocking by lifting something heavy though? Shouldn't that at least partially explain his need for it?

Last edited:
Are you guys talking about base Rei scaling or Boosted Rei scaling?

Several characters in the KAT scale (in reaction speed) to base Rei’s dash. But no one scales to R3 Rei. He’s explicitly far faster than anyone in the tournament in that state.

Raian reacts to base Rei. Everyone who scales to Raian will have high hypersonic.

However, only Niko, Edward and Shen scale to Fei

Doesn't matter if they gave it their all or not. If I spar with a 10 year old and I throw a punch which they dodge, would they be relative to me at full power because we were both holding back?
We don't know what degree each character is holding back so we can't scale them to each other based on the fact they are both holding back.
Yeah, what I said.

I also don't know what you mean by "people should scale to Mikazuchi’s feat in other ways." Rei was explicitly faster then anyone he fought, including Kuroki.
I’m talking about his base acceleration, not the one where he was practically blitzing everyone.

However, only Niko, Edward and Shen scale to Fei
If Niko scales to Fei, so does Setsuna since they were on even grounds and could react to each others attacks and the same for Edward too.

I was only saying that both of them were equally unserious, not that Kuroki was on his level. Kuroki is still below his level.
They fought to a draw in that fight so that's not possible. If I fight at level 16 seriously and you fight at level 20 seriously but when we spar we only go 50%, you'll still be stronger, because I'll be at 8 and you at 10. If they were equally holding back and still equal after holding back, they must therefore have been equal when at full power (which as you say, is not the case).
It's clear Shen was holding back more anyways, Kuroki says that Shen was only using one side of his body. In other words, Shen was more "unserious."

They fought to a draw in that fight so that's not possible. If I fight at level 16 seriously and you fight at level 20 seriously but when we spar we only go 50%, you'll still be stronger, because I'll be at 8 and you at 10. If they were equally holding back and still equal after holding back, they must therefore have been equal when at full power (which as you say, is not the case).
It's clear Shen was holding back more anyways, Kuroki says that Shen was only using one side of his body. In other words, Shen was more "unserious."
Umm yeah, I only said they were both equally unserious not that their power was at the same level. So I don’t see why this argument is still a thing when I’m literally agreeing on the notion of ‘Shen is stronger than Kuroki’.

Back