• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legend of Zelda General Discussion Thread

Nearly done with my Zant rework I've been doing on and off for the last week, probs will be able to make a CRT in a few hours if I decide not to be lazy and add the finishing touches like gifs for his notable techniques and putting in an actual summary beyond "This is Zant from Twilight Princess"

Looks good. Just missing a resistance to Light Manipulation since as a Twili he would normally be hurt by being in the Light World, and Absorption as Ganondorf has it via scaling to Zant creating shadow crystals that absorb light.

Also would he not have Matter Manipulation like Midna and Ganondorf due to the usage of Twilight magic?

Last edited:
I forget how good Dust is at making profiles.
Also in the Twilight Princess Picross game, Zant’s sprite is pogging, so uhhh if you want to include that

Nearly done with my Zant rework I've been doing on and off for the last week, probs will be able to make a CRT in a few hours if I decide not to be lazy and add the finishing touches like gifs for his notable techniques and putting in an actual summary beyond "This is Zant from Twilight Princess"
Do ya want a clip of it negging every freeze item like chuchu, frost talus, etc, or just like Naydra or Gleeok horn or some shit.

Why would you demonstrate the weakest example of freezing in the game it can neg (they dont even freeze you anyway last i checked), as opposed to the actual good shit like the spiritual embodiment of cold or big ice flash freezing explosions that can freeze lava 🗿

Why would you demonstrate the weakest example of freezing in the game it can neg (they dont even freeze you anyway last i checked), as opposed to the actual good shit like the spiritual embodiment of cold or big ice flash freezing explosions that can freeze lava 🗿
You know why.

I literally don't, why would we use the worst possible showing in the whole game to demonstrate its ability as opposed to literally anything else, even ice fruit better, like I actually don't know why you'd do that. It's just bad indexing at that point.
Untitled521_20230202233338.png

I literally don't, why would we use the worst possible showing in the whole game to demonstrate its ability as opposed to literally anything else, even ice fruit better, like I actually don't know why you'd do that. It's just bad indexing at that point.
Untitled521_20230202233338.png
I legitimately cannot remember a single thing we’ve agreed on

Pretty sure Link rapidly dies if he falls into a frozen river regardless of the equipment he has, could be wrong tho
Not wrong, even just got a tip explaining why. States that it saps his body heat, and food and stuff wont help with it. Same as being frozen actually, if ya dont break out, youll take damage every few seconds.

Anyway Ive got the clips, but im grabbing potency examples like freezing lava or dudes with huge mass just to show the lv of freezing being dealt with for the helmet.

Looks good. Just missing a resistance to Light Manipulation since as a Twili he would normally be hurt by being in the Light World, and Absorption as Ganondorf has it via scaling to Zant creating shadow crystals that absorb light.

Also would he not have Matter Manipulation like Midna and Ganondorf due to the usage of Twilight magic?
I think that's less of a resistance and more of a lack of weakness to light that the other Twili have since he's suped up on Ganons magic. Yeah been meaning to add the Light absorption just need to get a new scan for it.

Zant doesn't really have much in terms of twilight magic, it's a key plot point that the chosen ruler of the realm gets bonus magical powers and he got passed over in favor of Midna and she and Ganondorf are shown using the whacky matter based Teleportation while Zant does basic stuff like just blipping in and out. Pretty much every instance of him using magic is said to just be him using Ganons magic as well, even the actual twilight clouds he spreads are due to Ganons evil magic allowing him to do some funky spatial manipulation to fuse parts of Hyrule with the Twilight Realm.

I think that's less of a resistance and more of a lack of weakness to light that the other Twili have since he's souped up on Ganons magic.

Interesting. Would have thought it’d be the same as Midna since like him she got her’s from a Triforce wielder. Obviously he didn’t give his piece to him, but giving him some of his magic would probably be the same though right?

And there’s also the fact of him being in close proximity to Lanyaru, a light spirit and not being affected like Midna was later.

I was gonna mention it in his summary when I get around to it, don't think he really counts for Blessed? Isn't that reserved for more divine stuff or some a higher power instead of a glorified secretary given demonic powers by some really strong dude from the desert?

Then again Ganondorf is technically blessed so maybe sharing a small portion of his power would make zant blessed by extension? I dunno.

Yeah, you're right, it is for divine or godly stuff mostly. I wasn't sure if it would fit for Zant given that even if Ganondorf is blessed himself, his own power is pretty demonic. Maybe you can slot it in Power Bestowal? I know that mostly means Zant can grant powers to others, but simply add a tidbit that goes like "Zant himself has been granted his powers by Ganondorfs dark magic".

I think that's less of a resistance and more of a lack of weakness to light that the other Twili have since he's suped up on Ganons magic. Yeah been meaning to add the Light absorption just need to get a new scan for it.
Interesting. Would have thought it’d be the same as Midna since like him she got her’s from a Triforce wielder. Obviously he didn’t give his piece to him, but giving him some of his magic would probably be the same though right?

And there’s also the fact of him being in close proximity to Lanyaru, a light spirit and not being affected like Midna was later.

So what about this? Would this explanation allow him to get the resistance?

Tbh, idk if that's actually res, likely a lack of a weakness, after all, Lanyaru and lads don't like, actually do anything to non-twili.
Midna makes sense because Zelda juice, got that honorary citizenship, idk what's up with Zant tho, the reason why he lacks that weakness (in part, the Sol MS still ***** him up) could be anything from weakness negation bullshit (so actual hax) to uncle nando just like going "nah ur ok". Kinda hard to conclude anything beyond "he doesn't die when exposed to an LED like he should".

Back