• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Speed Scaling of Earth-616 and Earth-1610

As we can see, Miles has MHS+ through the Ultimate universe character scaling. All are scaled by Thor's lightning and Quicksilver's speed.

As we can see from our profiles, Miles has become stronger over the years and on Earth-616 he is almost as strong as Peter-616 and comparable in speed. However... What the hell? Why, according to profiles, over the years has he become hundreds of times slower, lol.

He should be at least as fast, if not faster, than he was as a child.

Well, therefore, all Street scaling of Earth-616 have the same speed.

Agree:
Disagree:
Idk:

Okay, this reasoning is extremely flawed. We already got a street level speed problem with everyone scaling to a single Elektra feat, so yeah, let's make the same problem again by making everyone scale to a single character who has done those MHS+ feats in another universe.

I agree that Spidey characters are faster than normal street levels and I agree another speed revision is in need, but making everyone MHS+ is a no. A big no at that.

Last edited:
Okay, this reasoning is extremely flawed. We already got a street level speed problem with everyone scaling to a single Elektra feat, so yeah, let's make the same problem again by making everyone scale to a single character who has done those MHS+ feats in another universe.

I agree that Spidey characters are faster than normal street levels and I agree another speed revision is in need, but making everyone MHS+ is a no. A big no at that.
so you're fine with miles becoming inexplicitly stronger, but also slower? how does that make sense?

so you're fine with miles becoming inexplicitly stronger, but also slower?
Yes, I'm fine with that. Althought him and the other Spider-heroes (Daredevil & Elektra too) should be at least Hypersonic+, they are faster than the rest of the street level.

how does that make sense?
Multiversal bullshit, simple as that. Using Ultimate Comics feats to scale Main 616 doesn't make any sense either, lmao.

Yes, I'm fine with that. Althought him and the other Spider-heroes (Daredevil & Elektra too) should be at least Hypersonic+, they are faster than the rest of the street level.
Yes, I'm fine with that
No, that's stupid. Very stupid. Stupid speculation.

Here is either a downgrade of Ultimate characters (only street levels are possible), or scaling of the 616 universe to MHS+. One of two (or three).

There is no other fair solution here. Everything else is speculation. Narratively, this is the same character, not an alternate version from another universe.

Either all ultimate characters don't have lightning speed, or all Ultimate straights don't scale to lightning, or all 616 straights scale to Ultimate streets.

Otherwise, it's hypocrisy.

No, that's stupid. Very stupid. Stupid speculation.
Otherwise, it's hypocrisy.
Perhaps only for you. But not for objective reality.
Lmao, okay.

Here is either a downgrade of Ultimate characters (only street levels are possible), or scaling of the 616 universe to MHS+. One of two (or three).
Either all ultimate characters don't have lightning speed, or all Ultimate straights don't scale to lightning, or all 616 straights scale to Ultimate streets.
You do realize there's a big, and I mean a BIG problem with your brain acrobatics, right? Ultimate Comics have far less content and far less writers unlike their 616 counter-parts. I'm pretty sure throughout Ultimate Comics, Spider-man and his stories were handled by pretty much a single guy, unlike Miles nowadays. With a single mind in the works, it's less likely there's inconsistances and outliers, unlike Modern Miles and 616 Peter.

Although, you do raise a good point. Maybe downgrading is fair since we agreeded that Shocker and Electro's lighting to not be MHS+, but that's a problem for the supporters of Ultimate Comics, not Main-line.

But in the end of the day, it's stupid to scale everyone to Ultimate Comics feats, especially from a single character. It's not hypocrisy, it's not stupidity or speculation (or stupid speculation like you said), it's just common sense to not scale everyone to some far-fetched logic YOU find reasonable. Said logic of yours that straight up ignores the fact that Marvel's street level characters have constantly being portrayed as Bullet Timers, they dodge bullets most of the times, not lighting, but sure, let's ignore that and focus on Miles from stories a decade ago, that make sense. (y)

Tomfer makes more sense. There is already a thread for downgrading Street tiers speed.
Links to said threads:

Tomfer makes more sense. There is already a thread for downgrading Street tiers speed.
so we just ignore certain feats if it happens long ago? we just downplay them to bullet timers because thats the projectiles they dodge often nowadays? that seriously makes sense to you?

so we just ignore certain feats if it happens long ago? we just downplay them to bullet timers because thats the projectiles they dodge often nowadays? that seriously makes sense to you?
Ignore feats that are inconsistent, many of street tiers have dodge lightning or even light at some point which is what leaded to them having MHS+ scaling, but that was just too inconsistent so they were all downgraded. Rules for Marvel are different than other verses it's no more about choosing the highest feat and stuck with it.

images

Spider-man fans when you tell them he doesn't have Immeasurable speed.

Alright, I'll play Devil's Advocate and show you how to properly upgrade Spider-man and all of the street level heroes to MHS+ again;

First you need to gather multiple feats of the said heroes that is either MHS+ or close enough to upscale.
These said feats need to be somewhat consistent with the characters, so not something to be a one-off and then back to bullet timing. It needs to be solid.
Then you obviously need to calc the said feats and get approved by the calc members.
After that, you need to make a proper scale chain, something that I already have, so you can just ask me.
Then use our old MHS+ stuff as SUPPORT EVIDENCE, DO NOT USE OLD STUFF AS ACTUAL EVIDENCE BECAUSE IT WAS REJECTED.
And, in the end, make a final case with an actual CRT with proper feats, not just saying that 1610 MHS+ = Everyone in 616.

At this moment, all of our speed feats lay between Subsonic+ to High Hypersonic, hence why you're getting rejected right away.

Back