• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A few months ago i started a blog to grab the homestuck profiles and change quite a lot of their content and how they are executed, the changes including:
  • Scaling
  • Additions
  • Removals
  • Justifications
  • Minor fixes

Turns out the website couldn't handle it all being in 1 blog and i started being unable to edit the blog any further (Cascade all over again), so i separated it into two blogs

Also need to decide on how to deal with the evidence that relies on the books, should i make a blog similar to quasiyuri's showing each book's statement for it?

In this Thread, we will tackle the first blog's profiles, i'll list the names down and whenever they are fine and have been added to the actual profiles, i'll strikethrough them:

John Egbert
========
Rose Lalonde
Dave Strider
Jade Harley
Davesprite
Jane Crocker
Roxy Lalonde
Dirk Strider
Jake English
Aradia Megido
Tavros Nitram
Sollux Captor
Karkat Vantas
Nepeta Leijon
Kanaya Maryam
Terezi Pyrope
Vriska Serket
Equius Zahhak
Gamzee Makara
Eridan Ampora
Feferi Peixes
Aranea Serket
Her Imperious Condescension

Last edited:
Absurd amount of work across these blogs. Nice one.
760c8db7034b04c93cf9f63dd15d84c3.gif

What are the simplified list of note worthy changes?

Okay, this is gonna be long, but I'm just gonna go group by group (starting with the alpha kids) because good lord I am not going through and arguing about all this at once

Reading through this stuff, I will say that there is genuine reason for the creation of a sburb/sgrub player verse pna, given how much stuff is shared between them.

Starting with John

This should probably also be some degree of concept manip (and low 1-A at that, but not typically combat applicable) because of the fact that god tiers manipulate the aspects to do their stuff, and those who master its manipulation should be equivalent to Dave and Jade who could both manipulate the aspects in their fullest extent as they are within the Furthest Ring, along with the fact he could use it to mess with the stardust glitches in the Furthest Ring

Resurrection (Due to his Conditional Immortality, John will always resurrect if his death isn't considered as Heroic or Just, healing any wounds, recovering his entire body and even soul from destruction)

Okay, this is something general to all god tiers, and I don't really have much to say here, just want to have the level of ress be qualified along with saying that given how Rose and Dave went god tier, it should be high godly given they could come back from existing in the Green Sun, which from what we know from what it did to MSPA reader, should be some degree of narrative and conceptual fuckery

Should include the stuff about John also saying how he isn't fully a part of reality anymore from 6363

Possibly unbound by the aspects themselves due to making up the reality that john is unbound by and all ideas are compositions of various aspects), Possibly Resistance to Soul Manipulation, Air Manipulation and Subjective Reality (Possibly unbound by the aspects themselves)
Honestly if you want to do this, just give John nonduality, the aspects are innately dualities, while I disagree

Rose next
This seems more like like light flashing out because of their clash rather than her somewhat warping reality (or ignoring the fact that the god dog she is fighting is a known reality warper)

Ult selves should get some form of AE, probably type 1 for their transcendental selves and type 2 for the bodies they take on

Also for the ult tier pic, I think rose as she appears here is better

Dave up next

Key: Base | God Tier
Missing the ult tier key

Unbreakable katana doesn't qualify for invul under our new standards so this shouldn't be a part of the justification

Should mention how he was the one to help the meteor travel through the furthest ring via his mastery of time

The most precious girl (Jade) next

You already talked about it later in the same profile, but once more, bringing up how Jade could affect space in the furthest ring would be nice

Compared to LE who we know the mechanics of his invulnerability, we sadly don't for first guardians and so they don't qualify for invul

Davesprite next and that will be it for this post

Nothing much, just think it would be better to link to Dave and Nepeta's base keys and say that they have all the powers of them (Dave in their first key and Nepeta in their second), and then list the powers they have individually just to save space, and also not have to change their page whenever either Dave or Nepeta get revised.

That's it, I aint touching the stats with a genesis frog sized pole

Okay wow thanks wiki for not telling me about deon’s massive freaking reply, i’ll reply as soon as i can cuz i got a lot to say, and yeah i agree with most of it lol

This should probably also be some degree of concept manip (and low 1-A at that, but not typically combat applicable) because of the fact that god tiers manipulate the aspects to do their stuff, and those who master its manipulation should be equivalent to Dave and Jade who could both manipulate the aspects in their fullest extent as they are within the Furthest Ring, along with the fact he could use it to mess with the stardust glitches in the Furthest Ring
I can definitely see that, just need scans to explain it, and yeah it would be low 1-A in potency but not range (kinda funny cuz they all should scale to low 1-A probably)

Okay, this is something general to all god tiers, and I don't really have much to say here, just want to have the level of ress be qualified along with saying that given how Rose and Dave went god tier, it should be high godly given they could come back from existing in the Green Sun, which from what we know from what it did to MSPA reader, should be some degree of narrative and conceptual fuckery
I seen that sentiment before and i can see the reasoning behind it, but high godly regen/ressurection is a pretty big upgrade so we'd need to gather evidence for it, i tried checking it out and here is the list i can think of regarding the Green Sun:

-It is the "largest source of raw narrative mass in the multiverse"
-it "made a mess of the themes" and "dragged motifs to the surface" of mspareader's body
-being inside of it is like being inside of a miasma of causation
-it granted calliope's black hole the power to destroy the furthest ring (of which all ideas come from the aspects there) and calliope's the power to hijack the narrative
-it granted MSPAReader the power to be larger and inside of his story and locking it from causality, and to stop the Blackout
-seemed to mess with MSPAReader, who at this point could basically walk off being hurt on a thematic level and hit in the narrative, and survived the treasure who imbued him with metanarrative energy which is dangerous to corporeal forms
-there might be more specifics i'm missing

also you could argue that since Lord English's lasers can break the furthest ring, and that god tiers can't come back due to him bypassing their immortality rather than it's power, that it could also be conceptual ressurection

i think there is evidence of the green sun hurting you on a conceptual and narrative level, but since it is not explicitly stated, i think it would lead to a likely/possible upgrade
This seems more like like light flashing out because of their clash rather than her somewhat warping reality (or ignoring the fact that the god dog she is fighting is a known reality warper)

Also for the ult tier pic, I think rose as she appears here is better

Missing the ult tier key

Unbreakable katana doesn't qualify for invul under our new standards so this shouldn't be a part of the justification

Compared to LE who we know the mechanics of his invulnerability, we sadly don't for first guardians and so they don't qualify for invul

Nothing much, just think it would be better to link to Dave and Nepeta's base keys and say that they have all the powers of them (Dave in their first key and Nepeta in their second), and then list the powers they have individually just to save space, and also not have to change their page whenever either Dave or Nepeta get revised.
Totally agree with those, honestly they were just me grabbing the justifications rather than removing them, but

Rose's rely on interpretating the light effects as an ability rather than stylish explosion, and it being a shared effort i guess

i tried finding any time the katana is even called unbreakable outside of it's name, legit i haven't found a single moment it is called indestructible, unbreakable, invulnerable, whatever, it is only ever by name lol, only evidence i could see is it being used since the beginning by dirk and bro strider, and still being used against god tier level enemies, even then it could just be that the sword was that powerful since the beginning since it is a cherub weapon

and yeah that update gave a lot of great portraits for us, i'd argue that since the wiki prefers full body pics, dirk's first pose might be preferable, though i really like his muscular PQ sprite

Should include the stuff about John also saying how he isn't fully a part of reality anymore from 6363

Honestly if you want to do this, just give John nonduality, the aspects are innately dualities, while I disagree

Ult selves should get some form of AE, probably type 1 for their transcendental selves and type 2 for the bodies they take on

Should mention how he was the one to help the meteor travel through the furthest ring via his mastery of time

You already talked about it later in the same profile, but once more, bringing up how Jade could affect space in the furthest ring would be nice
yeah ngl i might have tried cooking too hard on that lol, i'll take it off since it might be too much of a reach

agreed, Dirk describes himself as a monolith of concentrated narrative authority, rose states that her being is inextricably linked to her aspect, they are on the same level as calliope who's the embodiment of space and nigh omnipresent, etc

though for those last two we need scans, cuz i tried searching for that dave part and i couldn't find it, but Jade did affect shards of the furthest ring in the epilogues

Just curious, would weakened Lord English (the Low 1-A key) have his hax be Low 1-A in potency?

If so I want to make a match with that key.

I can definitely see that, just need scans to explain it, and yeah it would be low 1-A in potency but not range (kinda funny cuz they all should scale to low 1-A probably)
Think this would be apart of it, but for the life of me I cannot remember the rest and I cannot find it within myself to read through act 5 again, that shit has killed my attempts to reread the series again multiple times
and yeah that update gave a lot of great portraits for us, i'd argue that since the wiki prefers full body pics, dirk's first pose might be preferable, though i really like his muscular PQ sprite
Yeah, the new Karkat art was very nice

Think some of it is still 1-A, like his poison, immortality, invulnerability, etc
Darn, was gonna do Lord English in his Low 1-A key vs Low 1-A Dormammu.

But I guess I'll have to wait for Ultima to upgrade the Marvel abstracts to 1-A and I'll have the 2 fight at their 1-A peaks.

Back