• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Miguel O'Hara VS Tai Lung (Claw V Claw)

I love both of these franchises, really bringing animation to life. Both are just really incredible characters, great stories, and threatening antagonists in their own rights. But for these two characters, I'm interested in seeing who people think will win and by looking at their stats I actually think this could be extremely interesting. I actually couldn't really decide on a winner, oh and also how they claw up an obstacle...

Speed is NOT equalized for now (See more information in spoiler)

Train:

Rock:

For some more information about the stats of both characters.

By the way, if you realize the whole numbers are off in ratio difference, it's because I used the exact values with the decimals but just rounded it off so it'd look cleaner.

AP & Striking Strength: Building Level+ 1.3 (Tai Lung) VS Large Building level 2.8 Tons (Miguel): Miguel holds the advantage by 2.1x. However, that should actually be the at least. Tai Lung had to put a lot of kinetic energy into making the crater he did by launching himself into the air and thrusting himself into the ground. Meanwhile, Miguel scales to Peter, who is exhausted and casually holds that amount of force with a single arm. Granted, he wasn't exhausted to the extent he couldn't fight, but it was to an extent he couldn't fight well. Miguel obviously holds the advantage by quite a bit. However, if AP decides, the fight can be discussed in fighting styles.

• Durability: Miguel is also higher than the average Spider-Men durability, not incomparable but noticeable. Being able to take the Venom Shock head-on is something only another bulky fighter Kingpin can do. Which completely knocked out an off-guard Peter Parker in a single burst and took out a shield Miles couldn't physically break through or even scratch. However Miles can still hurt Miguel and Kingpin and even beat down Kingpin to the point of exhaustion, so it isn't incomparable. So I'd imagine Tai Lung's physical blows wouldn't even bruise him at first and would take time or critical violent blows to actually do damage, nevertheless kill him.

Speed: They are actually pretty relative; however, Kung Fu Panda's reaction and regular speeds are different, while Spiderverse is a solid Supersonic.
  • Literally Everything Other Than Reaction & Combat Speed: Miguel webs and sits pretty well at Mach 1.3 or Supersonic. At the same time, Tai Lung is comparable, if not superior, to Tigress, who moves at 0.9 Mach or Transonic. Miguel then has an advantage of 1.4x in general speed.
  • Reaction Speed: Tai Lung scales also to Tigress combat and reaction which is Mach 2.2. Making his reaction and combat speed 1.7x better than Miguel's.
Who's better in this category is debatable. Spidermen are known to dance around an opponent so his 1.4x is an advantage, although Miguel is definitely far more hand-to-hand. If Miguel decides to go more hand-to-hand, then he has to face Tai Lung's 1.7x better combat and reaction speed.

LS: Extremely relative however much like AP the effort is clearly much different. Tai Lung while ENRAGED can minimally overpower Shifu who with both arms could grapple with Kai using a single arm, whose single arm can pull 46 Mill Kilograms with very little struggle. Meanwhile, Miguel also scales to Spider-Men which I explained in the previous AP section exhausted state, casually with a single arm hold the pressure of 641 Mil Kilograms. This is an incredibly large advantage in Miguel’s favour.

Stamina: Pretty big factor in my opinion considering Tai Lung's AP disadvantage and Miguel's higher-than-usual durability. Both are superhuman but Tai Lung I think is on a whole other level. Miguel is superhuman because he's experienced and Spidermen exceeds the limits of any ordinary human, meaning he should be able to exceed any peak human stamina. In terms of feats there's him taking Venom Shock, but that seems more durability even if his suit was weakened. Tai Lung on the other hand didn't break a sweat after running all around China for a week while simultaneously fighting his way out of 1000 guards, fighting the Furious Five, Shifu, and then Po and only then by the end when he was getting his shit kicked out of him is where he started to tire bad. Tai Lung is also incredibly patient, and he was so for 30 years locked in confinement to wait for an opportunity. Tai Lung easily holds this advantage by far.

Fighting Utility: Both have EXTREMELY similar fighting styles in close quarters. Using their claws and teeth, they are ruthless, violent, aggressive, and brutal. Miguel's fangs would be pretty devasting to Tai Lung; add that they have paralysis. However, Tai Lung is cunning, and if he gets mad or wants to end the fight, he will utilize the pressure points that would completely ignore Miguel's durability and paralyze him since he isn't fat or anything; if the armour would ignore it is debatable since it does seem to be more of a chi attack to hit a nerve. Miguel also has a web that can be used as a ranged restrainer, but Tai Lung who is a weapons master, might just counter it skillfully. Tai Lung cannot break out of the web with LS along since Miles can’t, although the webs can be damaged much easier than the actual user. Both are acrobats and surface scalers so they can follow each other and chase the other down.
  • Skill: Miguel is on par if not better than Miles who can with difficulty avoid hundreds of skilled spidermen who granted were a mess by getting in each other's ways but still impressive none of the less. Miguel also did better against Miles than any of those hundred Spidermen did. However Tai Lung while not avoiding and dodging skilled people like himself, absolutely obliterated himself out of prison by using a feather, multitasking and analyzing the room by using whatever they threw at him to his advantage like dynamite, arrows, and themselves. Doing this with 1000 guards without being struck once. He also beat the Furious Five who individually could fight 1000 to one as well. The same Furious Five, coupled with Po, Shifu, Masters Croc and Ox also powered through Shen's army with ease. I think Tai Lung takes this by a good amount.
Overall: I don't know who'll win this, I think both have reasonable factors to consider. Both have similar fighting styles and counters that could damage the other, and both possess natural animal-like weaponry. Miguels AP and stronger durability will help considerably, but his close-quarters fighting will not do well with Tai Lung's better skill and never the less better speed in combat and reactions. LS will probably not be big here, LS is an huge thing here considering that Miguel is pretty ruthless and pins Miles down throughout their fight. Although if he does this against Tai Lung? Probably not cause in both cases against Miles and the Vulture he is merely trying to stop and keep them at bay to capture them, but here he’s killing Tai Lung; in addition he wouldn’t use his shield either. Surface scaling won’t matter (Since SBA takes place in New York park if I remember correctly). However, Tai Lung's stamina and patience will help considerably to power on through Miguel's durability. Pressure Point + Paralysis is by attacking the nerve but if it can work through Miguel's suit that blocks it is debatable due to its chi-like nature. Po's fat completely cancelled it out so it's possible. If that is the case Tai Lung would have to destroy part of the suit which Miles couldn't dent in the movie with the regular blows he dealt, which by the way are stronger than Tai Lung doing his strongest blow with the highest kinetic energy by a considerable amount. Or maybe you view all these categories completely differently. But how I see it. Skill + Combat Speed V Strength and Durability

Last edited:
Back