• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Calvin and Hobbes Revision: That Singular Resistance

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So there's one single ability that I have a problem with, and that's the Resistance to Gas Manipulation, which links to Smoke Manipulation.

See, that's the thing... It was explicitly shown that they used a household bug spray to do the job in the comic linked in the profile for the exact resistance listed. See... If you look at a can of Raid Ant and Roach spray, you can see a laundry list of why you shouldn't pawn bug spray off as smoke manipulation: https://prnt.sc/Hd-yo9CXOLxH

That and the active ingredients are Imiprothrin and Cypermethrin; the latter with a possible risk of death towards humans. As such, it should be changed to Resistance to Poison Manipulation. Plain and simple.

Resistance to smoke manipulation is genuinely one of the weirdest resistances I have ever heard, the power isn't like other elemental resistances, with something like that the more logical resistance is to poison resistance since the chemicals in the smokes are one of the most dangerous things from it, along with the lack of oxygen but that isn't the problem in this case and in those situation would probably be covered more under stamina, non-standard breathing or self-sustenance depending of the feat. Basically, unless a character was made from smoke and they resisted having their smoke controlled, I don't think smoke manipulation should ever be listed as a resistance, so I obviously agree with the change.

Resistance to smoke manipulation is genuinely one of the weirdest resistances I have ever heard, the power isn't like other elemental resistances, with something like that the more logical resistance is to poison resistance since the chemicals in the smokes are one of the most dangerous things from it, along with the lack of oxygen but that isn't the problem in this case and in those situation would probably be covered more under stamina, non-standard breathing or self-sustenance depending of the feat. Basically, unless a character was made from smoke and they resisted having their smoke controlled, I don't think smoke manipulation should ever be listed as a resistance, so I obviously agree with the change.
Yeah, what is up with that? I only gave Felix Smoke Manipulation because at the time, he dealt with legitimate smoke, not bug spray like Calvin and Hobbes.

Back